Eagles Draft Day Party Palace - Day I, II & III

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah when I looked at that quick depth chart I wrote out for Nabbsy, behind Reddick was a need

Definitely. We need someone else to compete with Patrick Johnson. 

Kyron ran a 4.40 at his pro day with a 1.50 10 yard split (!!!!!!), so he's more of an athlete than Johnson.

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Definitely. We need someone else to compete with Patrick Johnson. 

Kyron ran a 4.40 at his pro day with a 1.50 10 yard split (!!!!!!), so he's more of an athlete than Johnson.

Kinda dice role i like this late. 
posted it in his thread, but Bo Wulf liked him at the senior bowl 

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Add Kyron Johnson and I see a bunch of JAG's outside of the highlighted. 

I thought Davion Taylor flashed a bit in his limited playing time last year.... he needs to stay healthy though.

I think adding Nakobe Dean with his intelligence is great for the whole LB room, but esp for Davion.

Shaun Bradley is a great special teamer. Hasn't really been given a chance to play on defense.

Just now, Kiltman said:

Kinda dice role i like this late. 

Yeah I mean I would've been cool with Beavers, Ross (another dice roll) or a few others, but I'm not mad about Kyron reading about him now and realizing that we were probably gonna address back-up SAM spot at some point since we didn't do it on day 2.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

He's going to be a backup to Reddick at Sam. He's a really good athlete with a lot of speed. He should be a solid special teams contributor to start. 

Speed off the EDGE is important. That's how Reddick wins.

We saw what Micah Parsons with his 4.36 speed as a pass rusher last year made a huge impact just whooping slow tackles that couldn't touch him screaming off the edge.

I'm cool with taking an upside swing on a guy who could grow into a starter down the line possibly and if not be a nice back-up to have if Reddick goes down with an injury.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Folesadelphia said:

We also had no 6th rounders prior to that trade. They clearly want to add more picks to this draft and I'm sure nobody stuck out on their board at 154. At the end of the day it's a fifth round pick and they moved back one round. It's not a significant move really other than making this draft more interesting to me personally.

McCollum was worth more to us than the 6th rounders acquired and the player we got. At that point it was a low risk high reward.

2 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So I'm assuming these are the type of players that will help allow Gannon to run his amoeba 4-3/3-4 type Defense? Interchangeable multi-positional type players?

Reddick,  Davis, Dean, White, Johnson

Yep, you are losing that traditional SAM role (Nigel Bradham) instead you get an athlete who just rushes upfield most of the time.

Stouter Edge that can get through the middle. BG will be this.

and a traditional Nose, which is where Davis really gives you pluses.

aside from that you just need safeties to cover deep and CBs need to be able to pull off zone.

• Like 1