EC Playoffs Round 2: (2) Boston Celtics vs (3) Milwaukee Bucks (Series tied 3-3)

beekay414

(2) Boston Celtics vs (3) Milwaukee Bucks
celtics-vs-bucks.jpg

Game 1 - Bucks 101, Celtics 89 (Bucks lead 1-0)
Game 2 - Celtics 109, Bucks 86 (Series tied 1-1)
Game 3 - Bucks 103, Celtics 101 (Bucks lead 2-1)
Game 4 - Celtics 116, Bucks 108 (Series tied 2-2)
Game 5 - Bucks 110, Celtics 107 (Bucks lead 3-2)
Game 6 - Celtics 108, Bucks 95 (Series tied 3-3) 
Game 7 - Milwaukee Bucks at Boston Celtics (5/15 - TBD - TBD)

Edited by beekay414

I think the Bucks have a chance to win it. Without Middleton playing, it's not a very big chance. I still think they can though. The Nets defense makes the Bucks look like the 04 Pistons. I think it'll be a slugfest with fairly low scoring games. My guess is Celtics in 6 or 7. 

Media is discounting defense per usual. The Celtics were comfortable against the Nets. Jrue, Wes & Giannis will make them much more uncomfortable and we will see how they respond. Wes Mathews has faired well against some of the best scorers in this league. Excited to see how he defends Brown or Tatum. 

I assume Celtics will just throw many different looks at Giannis? It feels like Robert Williams will get 3 fouls in 5 minutes and be on the bench often. If the Grayson, Pat C, Wes trio can shoot > 37% from three...Bucks in 6. 

Edited by PaulWall_23

The Celtics can't defend Giannis like they defended KD but I still can't wrap my mind on how disciplined and great they were on that end against the Nets. Those games were all largely competitive that came down to the last five minutes and I wouldn't expect anything different here. Middleton won quite a bit of games at the end last postseason so someone else will have to step up for the Bucks to help out Giannis/Jrue. Allen has played very well all season long when Middleton misses time and he will need to do the same this series. This is where not having PJ Tucker really hurts. He could have made Tatum work for everything and make his life hell....Matthews will likely get that task along with Giannis at times but I think Tatum still has a good series. 

@Troy BrownCeltics in 6........Happy? 

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Celtics can't defend Giannis like they defended KD but I still can't wrap my mind on how disciplined and great they were on that end against the Nets. Those games were all largely competitive that came down to the last five minutes and I wouldn't expect anything different here. Middleton won quite a bit of games at the end last postseason so someone else will have to step up for the Bucks to help out Giannis/Jrue. Allen has played very well all season long when Middleton misses time and he will need to do the same this series. This is where not having PJ Tucker really hurts. He could have made Tatum work for everything and make his life hell....Matthews will likely get that task along with Giannis at times but I think Tatum still has a good series. 

@Troy BrownCeltics in 6........Happy? 

Finally a lil LOVE 

❤❤❤❤

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 10:48 AM, PaulWall_23 said:

Media is discounting defense per usual. The Celtics were comfortable against the Nets. Jrue, Wes & Giannis will make them much more uncomfortable and we will see how they respond. Wes Mathews has faired well against some of the best scorers in this league. Excited to see how he defends Brown or Tatum. 

I assume Celtics will just throw many different looks at Giannis? It feels like Robert Williams will get 3 fouls in 5 minutes and be on the bench often. If the Grayson, Pat C, Wes trio can shoot > 37% from three...Bucks in 6. 

Weird that Robert Williams, one of the best defensive players in the league, who averaged 2.2 fouls in nearly 30 minutes a game will suddenly become a reckless foul machine 

Keep dreamin

Celtics aren't ready yet. They are us in 2019. A burgeoning juggernaut but they need to learn to win. Swept an overrated team by like 17 points total and are riding high but they'll wither to the champs. They'll earn their stripes and be a problem in 2022-2023 but not yet. 

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Celtics aren't ready yet. They are us in 2019. A burgeoning juggernaut but they need to learn to win. Swept an overrated team by like 17 points total and are riding high but they'll wither to the champs. They'll earn their stripes and be a problem in 2022-2023 but not yet. 

I'd agree if Middleton were healthy. Milwaukee in 6 in that world.

I'm still trusting Giannis. I think he's the best player in the world and will assert that in a 7 game nail biter.

Can Boston make enough 3s that’s what this comes down to imo. Knocking down 3s has always been how you hurt the Bucks defense. It’s why they have been ranked in the middle of the pack in 3 point defense the past couple years. 

Should be a fun series. Should have been the ECF series

I haven’t been high on the Bucks all season long and will take the Celtics in this one. 

Edited by agarcia34