Ravens trade WR Marquise Brown to Cardinals for 23rd Overall

TheKillerNacho

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah this is a great fit for him. Hopkins to do the #1 WR things, Moore and Brown to do the gadget-style stuff in space. Except...Hollywood isn't good in space for being a short speedster lol it was actually funny how bad he was in space.

Maybe Kyler wanted a WR smaller than him? 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

All I'm saying is the Ravens, of all teams, who never hit on WR's, finally "hit" on one and then didn't want to pay him, despite that dude being their franchise QB's cousin. They had every reason to pay him but chose not to.

Why?

Because he's overrated AF. Getting a 1st round pick for him is an absolute steal right now. He just put up the most empty 1,000 yard season I can ever recall.

I would agree with this. As a Lions fan, the game Brown had against them really stands out. The stat line looks fine, 3 catches for 53 yards. Not a great day but decent production. In reality, he should have had 5 or 6 catches for roughly 200 yards.  Getting open is great, if you finish the play. 

Just now, winitall said:

I would agree with this. As a Lions fan, the game Brown had against them really stands out. The stat line looks fine, 3 catches for 53 yards. Not a great day but decent production. In reality, he should have had 5 or 6 catches for roughly 200 yards.  Getting open is great, if you finish the play. 

And don't forget the 2 dropped touchdowns.

He's a tremendous deep threat, but he's also got super inconsistent hands, is a social media clown constantly yapping off, is bad with the ball in space, can't block, and will not fight for catches.

Arizona is a great fit for him and I wish him the best, but I am beyond happy about this trade and the return we got for someone who didn't play like a Raven at all.

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im just glad to see Baltimore prioritizing S/CB/LB/DE depth over starting WR/RBs. They just cant help themselves when they see a S/CB/LB fall to them. 

However, what the hell is Arizona doing. Brown is worth a 3rd on a GOOD day.

Well we now live in a world where Christian Kirk is apparently worth $18M/year...

• Like 1

I have no clue what the Ravens WR corps is going to look like next year but this was a trade you make every single time without a second thought. 

Highway robbery by the Ravens front office right here. An absolute clinic in scam artistry, regardless of how Brown does in Arizona. And another reason why the Ravens have pretty consistently been one of the better franchises in the league over the last decade or so. 

• Like 3