Ravens trade WR Marquise Brown to Cardinals for 23rd Overall

TheKillerNacho

1 minute ago, HoboRocket said:

Hollywood is better in virtually every way.

Great. Hollywood is better than Kirk. But with Kirk you get a first round pick as well.... and Hollywood will in short order cost a lot more. 

It's just bad team building from the Cards. Bad usage of resources for upgrades that likely don't greatly move the needle either way. With Hop as the target monster in Arizona, does the drop off from Hollywood to Kirk really make THAT much of a difference, or could they have made up for that with a first round draft pick? That is the question.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Great. Hollywood is better than Kirk. But with Kirk you get a first round pick as well.... and Hollywood will in short order cost a lot more. 

It's just bad team building from the Cards. Bad usage of resources for upgrades that likely don't greatly move the needle either way. With Hop as the target monster in Arizona, does the drop off from Hollywood to Kirk really make THAT much of a difference, or could they have made up for that with a first round draft pick? That is the question.

Furthermore, they're going to have to pay over $20M/year for Hollywood.

If they don't pay him and let him walk after giving up a 1st round pick for him, that's just absolutely malpractice by the Cardinals.

29 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Furthermore, they're going to have to pay over $20M/year for Hollywood.

If they don't pay him and let him walk after giving up a 1st round pick for him, that's just absolutely malpractice by the Cardinals.

Fact a contract wasn't already in place or at minimum discussed  before the trade speaks volumes.  Not in a good way either.

Only silver lining is his relationship already with Murray.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Was Hop the target monster last year when he was on the field? Kyler spreads the ball around. Also, they got a third in return. Enabled them to kick the WR cap hit down the road, upgrade the position, and now they have a third back. They can spend their day two picks to add to their CB room, their pass rush, or their OL and there are good prospects available at all three position groups.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Would have shown true grit and humility has Keim exercised some self-awareness and made a statement by not picking up Brown's fifth year option: time to put up or shut up and be shipped out.

Edited by NudeTayne

11 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

As if not watching the Titans is something to be ashamed about.

Eh, Derrick Henry is fun to watch. 

derrick-henry.gif

Only person who didn’t see this and didn’t enjoy it is Josh Norman’s mom.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Eh, Derrick Henry is fun to watch. 

derrick-henry.gif

Only person who didn’t see this and didn’t enjoy it is Josh Norman’s mom.

Okay I excused it once without a word but a recovering Texans fan saying anything positive about the former Houston Oilers is sickening to me and you need to button it the **** up.

9 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Okay I excused it once without a word but a recovering Texans fan saying anything positive about the former Houston Oilers is sickening to me and you need to button it the **** up.

I’m clearly in a weird place, you gotta enjoy the ride or get the **** off the bud.

Getcha popcorn ready.

5 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

This one just made no sense to me for the Cards. Maybe he takes off this year, but I don't think Hollywood is worth a first round pick... especially when you have a target monster in Hop already playing in Arizona. Trading a first for a glorified deep threat? Why not just pay Kirk to do that?

To be fair, I think the league is shifting to needing a "Three Amigos" at wideout these days. Nuke/Hollywood/Green gets the job done.

Edited by biggie.