Ravens trade WR Marquise Brown to Cardinals for 23rd Overall

TheKillerNacho

5 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Yeah this is a great fit for him. Hopkins to do the #1 WR things, Moore and Brown to do the gadget-style stuff in space. Except...Hollywood isn't good in space for being a short speedster lol it was actually funny how bad he was in space.

Agreed.

Arizona is a good fit for him and provides their offense with an element they needed. I think the trade works for both parties although I'd like it better for Arizona if they just straight gave Baltimore a 2nd round pick and didn't give them their first, cause I liked a lot of players still on the board a good deal.

I'm just not that high on Marquise that I would've expected him to get a 1st even with a 3rd attached to him at least from what I've seen when I watch the Ravens which obviously is nowhere near the amount of games you have. Sometimes teams fans trash players on their way out, but I don't think any Ravens fan I've seen is heartbroken about this trade. I do feel a little bad for Lamar cause playing ball with your cousin is cool and he was obviously upset he was traded. Cool for Kyler to be able to pair up with his old teammate though.

8 hours ago, Dome said:

they see how much WRs cost.... swap him for a 1st before he demands a trade... its the new fad lol

Unless you're Dallas. Then you talk about how much you don't know if the guy is going to be around, drive down his value, and trade your Pro Bowl WR for a 5th. 

9 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

all the good WR's already went in the draft....

lets trade Hollywood

tbh it's more like "more teams need WRs than have them, so if we wait until Hollywood is the only option we have the leverage"

It's smart. Small town Walmart shopping center strategy applied to the draft.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

aj brown averaged 4 more yards per game than hollywood did last year

az got a third and whoever traded for aj traded a 3rd. and ppl are acting like PHI (?) got a steal and az overpaid 

Spoken like somebody who hasn't seen either play.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, ET80 said:
9 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

aj brown averaged 4 more yards per game than hollywood did last year

az got a third and whoever traded for aj traded a 3rd. and ppl are acting like PHI (?) got a steal and az overpaid 

Spoken like somebody who hasn't seen either play.

As if not watching the Titans is something to be ashamed about.

• Like 4

The Cardinals have gotten to a level where they're competitive, but once they pay Kyler and Hollywood, think we can lock them into NFL purgatory for 4-5 years. 

Ravens continue to just do thing smart FO's do. The media hype train might criticize them for it, but they know what they're doing. Brown was not worth a 1st, and they got one for him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

The Cardinals have gotten to a level where they're competitive, but once they pay Kyler and Hollywood, think we can lock them into NFL purgatory for 4-5 years. 

Ravens continue to just do thing smart FO's do. The media hype train might criticize them for it, but they know what they're doing. Brown was not worth a 1st, and they got one for him. 

Bad teams overpay for overrated players and get ripped off by the good teams.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There's also a natural advantage to picking in the 16-24 area of the draft in terms of value. Every year, there are somewhere around 12-20 slam dunk 1st round guys, plus a 1-3 QBs who get overdrafted and another guy or two who go way too early. If you pick in the 16-24 area, you're getting the last one of the slam dunks guys as long as you're willing to take the BPA, then the cliff falls off and you get to the non-automatic first rounders. 

Don't get me wrong, it takes a lot of discipline to avoid doing what the Saints did and burning mid rounders to get the specific guy you want instead of taking what you get, but I think we ignore the fact that the Ravens have an option to get great value more than the Jaguars or Lions do just by the nature of the Jags/Lions picking first. You can only meet expectations in those spots.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

I don't get the hate for this trade. Hollywood wasn't getting extended and they got a 1st back, then trade back two picks to recoup essentially the 3rd they gave back in the deal. Hamilton will fit in perfectly as your box/hybrid with Williams who is more of a ball hawk, and while it's not sexy, they got a great Center.

I think Hollywood is a decent WR and not worth what he'd get on the open market.

51 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don't get the hate for this trade. Hollywood wasn't getting extended and they got a 1st back, then trade back two picks to recoup essentially the 3rd they gave back in the deal. Hamilton will fit in perfectly as your box/hybrid with Williams who is more of a ball hawk, and while it's not sexy, they got a great Center.

I think Hollywood is a decent WR and not worth what he'd get on the open market.

The hate isn't based on what Baltimore did. It's based on what Arizona did. Baltimore dominated that deal.

• Like 2