AJ Brown traded to Eagles

615finest

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

That’s an incredibly dangerous strategy if we were banking on a trade three months later. Also, it’s hilariously ironic if we chose Julio over CD because we didn’t trust Corey to stay healthy lol.

Yeah I think it was more of a higher upside same injury risk type of situation. 

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

That’s an incredibly dangerous strategy if we were banking on a trade three months later. Also, it’s hilariously ironic if we chose Julio over CD because we didn’t trust Corey to stay healthy lol.

Yea but it’s the truth prior to last season Julio Jones avg 14 games a season he had 2 seasons cut short due to hamstrings the titans were hoping it was passed him there you have it. Julio cost us more than Corey Davis we wanted a player to get us over the hump 

14 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

That happens when your entire offense gets obliterated with injuries. Even with all the injuries last year we were still 14th in the league in PPG. The sky is not falling. 

what? i'm not talking about injuries or last season at all. i'm talking about going from having one of the best OLs in football, AJB and CD, and jonnu to having half an OL, nothing proven at WR except a 30 year old WR2 coming off an ACL, and a mediocre at best TE room going into the 2022 season. we have completely nuked what was a borderline elite core of offensive talent.

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

what? i'm not talking about injuries or last season at all. i'm talking about going from having one of the best OLs in football, AJB and CD, and jonnu to having half an OL, nothing proven at WR except a 30 year old WR2 coming off an ACL, and a mediocre at best TE room going into the 2022 season. we have completely nuked what was a borderline elite core of offensive talent.

Oh you were just talking about on paper stuff? I can see that. But we have a whole draft and some guys like Radunz that could make big jumps from year 1 to 2. JRob is a smart guy and he’s earned the benefit of the doubt with me. 

Just now, titans0021 said:

I’m surprised we didn’t have them toss us Jalen Reagor. Not that I’d have been excited about it, but at least would have added another body with some level of talent into the WR room. 

If you want bodies, still some bargains to be had in FA. 
Landry, Emmanuel Sanders, Keelan Cole, Cole Beasley, TY Hilton.

Maybe trade for someone?

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I’m surprised we didn’t have them toss us Jalen Reagor. Not that I’d have been excited about it, but at least would have added another body with some level of talent into the WR room. 

probably doesn’t block well enough 

8 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Oh you were just talking about on paper stuff? I can see that. But we have a whole draft and some guys like Radunz that could make big jumps from year 1 to 2. JRob is a smart guy and he’s earned the benefit of the doubt with me. 

idk man, even if radunz is everything we wanted him to be, we still have gaping holes at LG and WR plus a TE1 that we’re counting on to resurrect his career after a slump and a TE2 that is much worse than our previous one (which is important when you run 2TE as much as we do). it just doesn’t measure up at all. how many groups in the AFC would you take our skill guys over right now? there’s definitely a handful, but it’s not many. as opposed to 2019-2020 when we were pretty much at the top of the league in that regard. (and again, that’s assuming the huge OL issues work themselves out perfectly)

11 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

On paper, last year, our defense looked like a potential bottom-five unit. It clearly produced. I'm not going to go smashing the panic button. The Titans are ALWAYS a better team when nobody believes in us. We thrive off subverting expectations that we're going to suck. That's always been us. We've never been the flashy, dope-roster team and our best seasons are seasons spent winning game after game winning ugly.

I wish our identity was a little different and we were more progressive offensively on the field. However, I view this as a progressive move by our FO. These guys are thinking about new ways to deal with realities of the current NFL. AJB got his. The Titans got their new man. I think this sort of thing is about to become a lot more common. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

On paper, last year, our defense looked like a potential bottom-five unit. It clearly produced. I'm not going to go smashing the panic button. The Titans are ALWAYS a better team when nobody believes in us. We thrive off subverting expectations that we're going to suck. That's always been us. We've never been the flashy, dope-roster team and our best seasons are seasons spent winning game after game winning ugly.

damn i wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that we've never won a super bowl lol

18 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

damn i wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that we've never won a super bowl lol

We’ve also only been in the league 20 years. That’s has a lot to do with it. The Vikings have had some insanely good teams and haven’t won the super bowl in 60 years.