AJ Brown traded to Eagles

615finest

18 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Yeah, what exactly are we trying to accomplish here with this video?

Idk I guess they’re trying to make ppl feel better about the trade 🤷🏾‍♂️.. the comments are what made me post it 

On 5/4/2022 at 2:48 PM, Daniel said:

Meh.  I'm happy he got his money, and I loved him as a player, so I wish him the best.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle of what both sides are putting out.  I doubt the Titans wouldn't find a way to navigate a difference of just $2m a year, but I also doubt AJ is just gaslighting everyone about it.

Burks doesn't have to outperform AJ for it to be worth it, but he does have to become a legit No. 1 receiver.  Or the Titans have to use that freed up money to sign a real difference maker next season.  Getting younger and cheaper at the position does have a benefit by itself.

I still wish it didn't play out like this, but I'm understanding it more and more as time goes on.

Yea ultimately happy he got his money. Never gonna hate a man for that. Especially when you hear what he came from. It stings every video/picture I see of him though.

Just will be rooting for Burks to be better than every other wr in the league. 😏

1 hour ago, 615finest said:

Idk I guess they’re trying to make ppl feel better about the trade 🤷🏾‍♂️.. the comments are what made me post it 

I guess just to show he had some holes in his game. 
Everyone does.  
Like I said in the main forum or Eagles forum, he will have a span of about 2-3 games where he gets drops. Normally around Week 4-6, then he will be back to normal. 

Maybe the increase number of targets he is hoping to get will mask the drops. Because when you are here and you only get 7-9 targets and you drop 2 of them, that's a big deal. Especially when its our offense of run run pass and that pass would have bene for an 1st down. 

Those drops stick out more. 

18 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I'm not saying this to criticize AJ or his game. He's the freaking man.

But I'll eat my shoe if he lights it up numbers wise with Hurts as his QB. Tanny ain't it, but he's 5x the passer that Hurts is.

This x1000. I don’t like Tannehill as our long term guy but I’d Tannehill and his ridiculous contract over Hurts anyday. I wouldn’t be surprised if Brown magically stays healthy now though.

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Gonna quickly go from saint to heel. 
They need to take his twitter from him. 

I had more than a few things that I disliked about AJ here, but I still loved him. He’s made it so easy to root against him. 

1 hour ago, deeluxx3 said:

I'm not saying this to criticize AJ or his game. He's the freaking man.

But I'll eat my shoe if he lights it up numbers wise with Hurts as his QB. Tanny ain't it, but he's 5x the passer that Hurts is.

It could be a bit of rude awakening for him. Philly makes our offense look like the Air Raid, they had the fewest number of pass attempts last year. Add that he’s playing with a worse QB now, is making #1 WR money (so expectations will be high for him), and that he’s a emotional guy playing in a city with a tough media/fanbase.

I don’t know man. We’ll see…tweet the wrong thing in Philly, and whew boy.

Edited by TitanSlim
  • Like 1

Main reason Brown got traded was because he wanted it to play with his buddy Hurts.  So he gets to play where he wants for $25 mil a year.  Good for him and JRob did the best he could with the hand he was dealt.  Also, while Burks is essentially AJ's replacement he was picked there because he was the BPA for us at #18.  WR obviously went to the top of the list in needs and he was available.  Good chance if he wasn't available JRob goes with another position and takes a WR later at 26 or 35.  Either way this wasn't JRob's decision.  He made the best of the situation and did pretty well.

Now AJ came out as a 4.5 runner but like Burks plays faster than that.  Burks has massive hands, is a great athlete for his size and tracks and catches the ball very well.  Exceptional after the catch.  Might end up being the best WR in this draft.  

Edited by Soxcat
  • Like 1