AJ Brown traded to Eagles

615finest

5 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

I consider myself shocked by this development but not sad or mad. I’ll save my anger for if the team isn’t competitive, or if the offense is stagnant with the new rookie. I’d rather let the pieces lay out than scream into the void now. Maybe that’s maturity for me.😂 

Trading AJ is a bold move, but so is paying him 25 million a season. I mean AJ has never put together a top 10 seasons. In AJs best season he was outside the top 30 in rec, outside the top 15 in yds, and was tied for 5th in TDs. Now his highs are elite. At his best he’s one of the league premier game breakers. But he misses time. 

I dunno, I’ll miss AJ a lot, but I get why you do it. Get a similar player for cheaper, use that money else where, add more draft capitol. The titans have an aging roster full of expensive veterans. Being able to add draft capitol helps alleviate both those issues. Plus AJ has a injury history and 25 mil is a lot for his production. It’s a gamble on both sides. That being said AJ was the heart, soul, and attitude of this offense. Henry’s the engine, but AJ was the attitude. They played differently when he was in the lineup.  AJs production wasn’t elite, but his energy and knack for making big plays in big spots energized the team and the fan base. That might be tougher to replicate than his actual production in the offense.

This is a great post and a great way of looking at the situation.

I don't think any part of Vrabel wanted to trade him. He looked like he was furious anytime we saw him last night despite him trying to say he agreed with it to the media.

AJB definitely didn't look like a player who wished he would have been given a more fair deal to stay where he was. He looked like he got what he wanted.

He's going to be disappointed when Hurts is benched by next year and he isn't playing with his friend.

Still a bad deal for us.

Here’s the reality 

none of us will ever know the real truth 

to think that JRob is trying to save face is stupid

to think that AJ told Turron the whole truth is stupid 

in my personal opinion/guess, we probably low balled and AJ probably high-balled. And someone didn’t budge 

2 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Kuharsky is reporting AJ's contract demands as truth rather than just a report/sources:

https://www.paulkuharsky.com/news/a-j-brown-actually-asked-the-titans-for-$26-million-a-year

Again, I’ll never ever know the truth

As with any young star, the question will be: will it ever get to their head?

I will love aj forever. Favorite Titan ever. It’s all just very sad.

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

Again, I’ll never ever know the truth

As with any young star, the question will be: will it ever get to their head?

I will love aj forever. Favorite Titan ever. It’s all just very sad.

Yeah just strange to see someone like Kuharsky report it that way rather than mentioning it's just from a source/not a set in stone fact. He's usually careful reporting stuff like that, which made me think he heard it from AJ's side as well.