Day 2 NFL draft discussion.

Kiwibrown

52 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I think the pick is going to be one of those guys. I know everybody and their sister loves Ojabo, but we’re not quite yet in a position to punt on semi-premium picks for a year. That and I don’t get the fit in our defense at all. 

Respectfully disagree.

no team is ever without needs on draft day. Bad teams need to win now so guys keep their jobs and good teams need to win now so guys keep their jobs.  

taking advantage of that type of thinking and getting a player who has no business being available r2 (if they do in fact feel that way of course) is the exact type of market inefficiency the nerds talk of exploiting.

1 minute ago, ReggieCamp said:

Need is lined up with BPA imo. D-line all the way.

Unless all the good DL go in the next 12 picks, I see us going DL.

I think it's going to be either BPA DL or BPA WR depending upon our grades/views of Watson and Pickens. Pickens MIGHT very well be off of our board with some of the things coming out, but Watkins checks about every box our FO loves.

I could SEE Dean falling to us and him being too good to pass up, but likely he goes before we pick.

37 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Respectfully disagree.

no team is ever without needs on draft day. Bad teams need to win now so guys keep their jobs and good teams need to win now so guys keep their jobs.  

taking advantage of that type of thinking and getting a player who has no business being available r2 (if they do in fact feel that way of course) is the exact type of market inefficiency the nerds talk of exploiting.

I would agree with you if the spot Ojabo would occupy on the team wasn’t already taken by Winovich. I know he was just a player swap, but I’ve never known the nerds to double down while other roster holes are open. I guess we’ll see either way tonight. 

43 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

My guys at #44:

Nakobe Dean - Would be the leader we've missed since the 80's plus he is a sideline to sideline stud and would make our defense elite

DeMarvin Leal - He would give us a legit interior pass rusher we haven't had maybe ever, guys like him are always valuable. With the offense we have he will always have opportunities to rush the passer 

David Ojabo - The future at DE opposite of Myles, could contribute later in the year as a sub package rusher 

This. Thoughts of Dean and JOK got me sweaty. I’ve been wanting interior pass rush forever like you said, Leal fits that. I’m not afraid of taking Ojabo at 44. Sign Clowney and let Ojabo apprentice under he and Garrett and boom slip Ojabo in next year. 

Oh and wouldn’t mind one of the WRs. I personally think we’re in good shape here. Good talent at positions of need. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I would agree with you if the spot Ojabo would occupy on the team wasn’t already taken by Winovich. I know he was just a player swap, but I’ve never known the nerds to double down while other roster holes are open. I guess we’ll see either way tonight. 

If you’re talking about just a DPR, then yeah.  I think they’d need to like him enough to project him as a high quality starter to take that risk.

Again, I’m not saying they will or should for him , just that leveraging the league’s general win now mentality to your advantage by showing some patience would be exactly what they’ve described themselves as wanting to do.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Need is lined up with BPA imo. D-line all the way.

Unless all the good DL go in the next 12 picks, I see us going DL.

Seen sever statements from wr coaches and GM that he has bunch of red flags as far as maturity things go. Could that all be a ploy possibly I trust the team to do the due diligence but I agree with you. I’m personally a Christian Watson guy myself 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Seen sever statements from wr coaches and GM that he has bunch of red flags as far as maturity things go. Could that all be a ploy possibly I trust the team to do the due diligence but I agree with you. I’m personally a Christian Watson guy myself 

I’d be stunned if we tool Watson.  Older dude from directional Dakota isn’t AB’s style at all, at least not day 1/2.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d be stunned if we tool Watson.  Older dude from directional Dakota isn’t AB’s style at all, at least not day 1/2.

I’m not saying well take him, I just like him better than Pickens, I ultimately think we take someone like Logan Hall

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I agree but his h/w/s at least should make him consider 

I’m not saying we should or shouldn’t, just based on precedent we won’t.

But I do generally agree with AB’s style.  I want dudes who can step onto the field at 18-19 for a major school in a major conference and play well.

It’s not a foolproof way of finding talent, no doubt, and there can and should be exceptions, but that’s where I’d start my search too.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For those who think I’m just beating my own dead horse with the age thing, this is why 

Compare that to John "Football Guy" Dorsey.

Thankfully Dorsey got us Chubb and Ward. Aside from that...