Round 2 Pick 34; Christian Watson, WR, NDSU

Packerraymond

2 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

That does make me wonder why they don’t schedule FBS teams more often. I’d think they have at least 1 such game each year, since they are clearly on the cusp of FBS, as far as ability goes, and are the top of FCS. I think the last was 6yr ago. 

Huge closet NDSU fan, no chance they're a top 25 FBS team. Maybe for short periods. They get some damn recruits though. 

There's a reason they don't jump. They know exactly what they're doing. Win almost they year, or be a maybe mid tier B1G. And I'm not sure they'd even let them in. But yeah they do beat FBS teams and now it seems like they shy from scheduling them. 

1 hour ago, craig said:

I also think it's interesting that after all the mockery that so many posters had for posters who thought that getting a good WR was a priority, that then Gute just went up and traded seriously to get one, because he apparently thought it was a priority and had reasonable-enough positional value, too.  

Heh heh, for everybody who made snarky comments about how unsophisticated posters were who thought WR was an important issue, Gute's action perhaps suggests we're no less sophisticated than Gute!  :):) 

I like you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Norm said:

Huge closet NDSU fan, no chance they're a top 25 FBS team. Maybe for short periods. They get some damn recruits though. 

There's a reason they don't jump. They know exactly what they're doing. Win almost they year, or be a maybe mid tier B1G. And I'm not sure they'd even let them in. But yeah they do beat FBS teams and now it seems like they shy from scheduling them. 

I wish they were able to play Oregon in 2020. That would’ve knocked them down a peg or two. Their fans were legitimately thinking they were going to go into Eugene and beat the Ducks. 

Just now, gopackgo972 said:

I wish they were able to play Oregon in 2020. That would’ve knocked them down a peg or two. Their fans were legitimately thinking they were going to go into Eugene and beat the Ducks. 

NDSU fans are ******* insane. But when I tell them to jump, they're all like oh why we win here and they'd never let us in the playoff there. Lolol. Their best team couldn't go .500 in the SEC. Not even close. They're doing the right thing. 

That being said they do have the facilities and boosters if they want to. Oil money up there is ******* crazy. But they'll make bowl games and nothing else.

Think it would hurt recruiting though tbh. Because there's not that idea you get a ring

2 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Certainly doesn't look like the man is only limited to running straight routes as people are saying

If Rodgers and him can get on the same page with those back shoulders, look out.

I like that clip but it's half padded practice...

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

Closet NDSU fan and closet computer fan. 

I've learned more about you today than the other 16 years I've been on this site.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Closet NDSU fan and closet computer fan. 

I've learned more about you today than the other 16 years I've been on this site.

I try to not let anyone know that I actually watch football. I just like to read what all you idiots say. I am for real a giant FCS junkie. I watch replays all week long during the season especially MVC. 

And I do love athletic scores. But I'm tired of people using it like the ******* Rosetta Stone or some alchemy so you don't have to see how the dude plays the damn game. It's gotten lazy. And we've gotten the most access to the damn actual film than we ever had. And ******* dudes the break it down who know the game on top of it. 

Lotta sharp dudes on here though that can see it so I mostly just listen to you guys. But we also get stuck in our bubble of repeating the same prospects and act like that's the only dudes that our staff would look at, then get pissed when we're not as "genius" as them when they take a Quay or whoever.

I'm a coaches' son. He could see talent that I couldn't. And I've always accepted that. Most people don't like that idea IMO. 

World needs more ******* humility. 

• Like 5

Norm, I live in a Fargo suburb.  I'm a Wisconsin transplant, so still a Badgers fan, not a Bison guy myself, so not a real fan.  But yeah, NDSU would be nuts to switch from being the greatest FCS team where fans experience winning, while also playing in the super-competitive Missouri Valley, to being just an average FBS team, if that.  NDSU is so popular because fans like winning.  Playing FBS and losing half your games, or more, wouldn't be nearly so fun.  

• Like 1