Round 2 Pick 34; Christian Watson, WR, NDSU

Packerraymond

21 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I know I'm gonna get a few around here mad at me when I say again that most Packers fans around these days have no clue what it was like during the 70s and 80s.  For a quarter century if we reached .500 it was cause for celebration.   Getting in as a wild card was as rare as hen's teeth let alone winning the division.  I for one am in no hurry to return to those days.  And those that say it can't happen are kidding themselves.  So instead of bi****** because we haven't won more Lombardi trophies lately enjoy these good times.  For example it took 17 years for the Bills to return the playoffs after 1999.

I lived through the 70's and 80's dark ages also, but that doesn't and shouldn't affect the roster management for today's team. Your comments are typical of someone who fears the unknown of what will happen with a QB change and clings on for dear life. Guessing you probably did the same thing with Favre after Rodgers was drafted in 2015 also. There is life after Rodgers and the Packers will be just fine when he is gone.  

8 minutes ago, R T said:

There is life after Rodgers and the Packers will be just fine when he is gone.  

Exactly. This isn't the 70s or 80s. This team has a good/great GM, a firm team building philosophy, and a president that is a football guy, and is working hand in hand with the front office. 

This isn't the 70s or 80s. The Packers will be good with or without Rodgers as long as the current top brass is in place. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Exactly. This isn't the 70s or 80s. This team has a good/great GM, a firm team building philosophy, and a president that is a football guy, and is working hand in hand with the front office. 

This isn't the 70s or 80s. The Packers will be good with or without Rodgers as long as the current top brass is in place. 

Yeah but isn’t Murphy gone in like 3 years? Like he has to retire because of the rules for that position.

35 minutes ago, SpeightTheVillain said:

Don’t be so sure.

The ultimate reason Wolf and TT succeeded as GMs is they both hit big on a QB in their first attempts. Even though Gute has had some success building a team. He already took a big swing at adding his QB and it was a colossal fiasco on multiple levels. With the NFL more QB centric than ever, Gute’s ineptitude at addressing the QB room is foreboding.

1 hour ago, R T said:

I lived through the 70's and 80's dark ages also, but that doesn't and shouldn't affect the roster management for today's team. Your comments are typical of someone who fears the unknown of what will happen with a QB change and clings on for dear life. Guessing you probably did the same thing with Favre after Rodgers was drafted in 2015 also. There is life after Rodgers and the Packers will be just fine when he is gone.  

No offense to any older folks but I swear on my life the bringing up of that era being bad isn't "OMG I'm so scared it can happen again" as much of it is a (struggling how to articulate this) some sort of badge of honor that 'them there dumb youngins' just don't understand.

It's more of an announcement of "I've been a football fan longer than you so I am more important" than it is a warning of history being able to repeat. 

Also most people are not GB fans and fans of no other teams in other sports. We all have one fandom that's been rough on us, for the most part. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Norm said:

No offense to any older folks but I swear on my life the bringing up of that era being bad isn't "OMG I'm so scared it can happen again" as much of it is a (struggling how to articulate this) some sort of badge of honor that 'them there dumb youngins' just don't understand.

It's more of an announcement of "I've been a football fan longer than you so I am more important" than it is a warning of history being able to repeat. 

Also most people are not GB fans and fans of no other teams in other sports. We all have one fandom that's been rough on us, for the most part. 

Tell me about it… my hockey team has been brutal. But on the plus my alma mater is looking amazing again and likely heading back to glory like it once was.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Not "Not being adverse to trading Rodgers" being adverse to even pondering the possibility of trading Rodgers and using "Oh no, we'll be back to sucking because Rodgers is the Green Bay Packers" as your reasoning.

Huh?