Round 2 Pick 34; Christian Watson, WR, NDSU

Packerraymond

On 6/19/2022 at 4:39 AM, Donzo said:

Shees, what an ignorant, sad and pathetic post. You're one of the biggest keyboard cowards I've come across.

Do better, and grow the F--- up.

This whole back and fourth just reaffirms why I stopped reading on this site. He's overtly opinionated, always right with a constant snark only found in pouty teenage girls. It’s laughable how rude he is on almost every post. Most debates are started and ended by him with insults. Over stupid ****. It creates a really negative atmosphere. 

The site was a lot better before he had to interject into every thread.

I’m not into posting, but I did enjoy reading the debates in the past. But he and a couple others have ruined it. I wonder how many more ‘lurkers’ feel the same way…?

Norm is still hilarious though, at least FF has that going for it. 

See ya. Go Pack. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tredpack said:

This whole back and fourth just reaffirms why I stopped reading on this site. He's overtly opinionated, always right with a constant snark only found in pouty teenage girls. It’s laughable how rude he is on almost every post. Most debates are started and ended by him with insults. Over stupid ****. It creates a really negative atmosphere. 

I’m not into posting, but I did enjoy reading the debates in the past. But he and a couple others have ruined it. I wonder how many more ‘lurkers’ feel the same way…?

See ya. Go Pack. 

[Jerk off motion]

9 hours ago, tredpack said:

See ya. Go Pack. 

Post of the year!

AG sucks. Norm is the best. 

This is the content I come here for. 

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

Christian Watson could very well bust.  Lots of picks bust.

Ja'marr chase had much worse stories from NFL training camp come out before he had the 2nd best rookie WR season of all time.  So if he busts it won't be because of some drops in a minicamp/rookie camp.

I'm more excited about sammy watkins for the success of this year than watson though.  Watkins is the best WR ever to come in from outside to an Aaron Rodgers team.

No WR has ever left the packers (with Rodgers) to be more successful than they were while on the packers (Charles Johnson excepted maybe?) so does it stand to reason that any player who joins the packers would be more successful than they were outside of the packers?

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Ja'marr chase had much worse stories from NFL training camp come out before he had the 2nd best rookie WR season of all time.  So if he busts it won't be because of some drops in a minicamp/rookie camp.

I'm more excited about sammy watkins for the success of this year than watson though.  Watkins is the best WR ever to come in from outside to an Aaron Rodgers team.

No WR has ever left the packers (with Rodgers) to be more successful than they were while on the packers (Charles Johnson excepted maybe?) so does it stand to reason that any player who joins the packers would be more successful than they were outside of the packers?

I'd argue there are striking similarities between the return of Cobb and the acquisition of Watkins both in player ability and in concerns over durability.

I also think your sample size is far too small to be drawing any legitimate conclusions with.  

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'd argue there are striking similarities between the return of Cobb and the acquisition of Watkins both in player ability and in concerns over durability.

I also think your sample size is far too small to be drawing any legitimate conclusions with.  

Watkins is probably cooked, yeah.

41 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Jordy caught 63 balls for Vegas after leaving the Packers.  (He caught 53 balls the year prior in GB.)

Cobb caught 55 balls for Dallas after leaving the Packers.  (He caught 38 balls the year prior in GB.)

James Jones caught a career high 73 balls with Oakland after leaving the Packers.  (He caught 59 balls the year prior in GB.)

'Vante is also going to be just fine outside of GB.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Jordy caught 63 balls for Vegas after leaving the Packers.  (He caught 53 balls the year prior in GB.)

Cobb caught 55 balls for Dallas after leaving the Packers.  (He caught 38 balls the year prior in GB.)

James Jones caught a career high 73 balls with Oakland after leaving the Packers.  (He caught 59 balls the year prior in GB.)

'Vante is also going to be just fine outside of GB.

Volume =/= production, especially in Jones' case his game fell off a cliff.

Cobb did have a mild resurgence but he was very injured each of his final 3 years in GB.

Jordy was cooked when he left.  He got a "no longer playing with Brett Hundley" bump on the Raiders.

Of course Davante is gonna be fine.  He won't be as good as he was here though.  Probably not even close.