Vikings Select Brian Asamoah, LB, Oklahoma at #66

gopherwrestler

16 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

This guy looks like he could be really good. 

Yes, he could.  I personally like guys that fly around and make plays.  It's the same reason why I consistently defended Eric Kendricks years ago when many others around here dismissed him as not really that important or good of a player.  I believe he will be the successor to Kendricks, as he does have some similarities to him.  It should be fun to watch.   

21 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

This guy looks like he could be really good. 

Sure he could be good but he did only make what one tackle and people are talking like he had 12 tackles.  And that bit hit he had, again he fell backward as much as the ball carrier did.  

Dean on the Eagles I think played great and so did Leo Chanel on the Chiefs, not sure how Muma did or Christian Harris but there are a ton of dudes Asamoah will be compared to that were drafted after him.  Not to mention Travis Jones the NT was amazing on the Ravens and will be the starter in their 3/4 soon, he was also picked below Asamoah.  Much less Malik Willis who had some great moments for the Titans in that run based play action offense, would not mind him as the 3rd QB but at least Mond show some ability to move the football and make plays.  

Did Asamoah not look really small to you out there physically?  I was surprised by how little he looked but look at his height and weight I guess not.  Kendricks could always bring the thump and be physical, not sure Asamoah can do that without moving backwards but will see.  And in a crowd of blockers, not sure he can hold up and get by the wash standing up but will see

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

He won't start but I imagine he'll get his opportunity early on STs. 

Not only special teams, I think he gets in on some sub - packages. He’s too explosive and disruptive to keep off the field. I love what I see from Asamoah so far.

• Like 3

On 8/22/2022 at 8:28 AM, swede700 said:

If Booth can get and stay healthy, we could have significant contributions this year from at least the first 4 picks, and maybe 5, depending upon where Akayleb Evans falls in the depth chart (will certainly probably be on special teams).

I was just thinking this also. I know it is really early, but it looks as though that Kwesi's first draft could be really, really good. Outside of Esezi Otomewo, it looks as though every pick in rounds 1-5 could be successful, which is pretty unreal. Not to mention, Esezi could still develop into something decent going forward.

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Why do we think he's not playing more? Because he should be.

They’ve definitely ramped him up over the past 3 weeks. He’s gone from playing 5% to 20%-40% over the last 3 weeks. He and Hicks should be splitting snaps the rest of the way.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

They’ve definitely ramped him up over the past 3 weeks. He’s gone from playing 5% to 20%-40% over the last 3 weeks. He and Hicks should be splitting snaps the rest of the way.

yep. theyve brought him along slowly, I think to build up his mental part of the position. The nfl game doesn't look too fast for him right now. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Certainly a future bright spot in this defense it appears. Looking forward to more snaps, that's for sure!

I'd actually love to see him and Kendricks flying around the field next year...I know Kendricks hasn't had a great year, but I'd still rather keep him over Hicks.  

• 4 months later...