The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

15 minutes ago, Acgott said:

This is not confirmed at all. Has this source broken anything?

This is the original news source and many have states they have a high track record of insider scoops coming true.  Though looking into it, all the other sights claim the above tweet as their source. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2023/05/06/new-report-says-fantastic-fours-reed-richards-has-been-cast/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.superherohype.com/movies/533993-fantastic-four-adam-driver-reed-richards/amp

https://insidethemagic.net/2023/05/insiders-confirm-adam-driver-as-mcus-reed-richards-af1/

18 minutes ago, BeaReylo said:

It may be true, but I like to wait for a second source or reliable. I can’t trust an avatar Twitter with less than two years on it.

It does make me Hopeful for the quality of actors they’ll pull for the rest of them.

Love Driver, so I’m down for it. Has all the things you’d need to do a fully fleshed out Reed.

I think that was the person that said Margot for Sue is all but locked and that guy who was then cast in Gladiator two and another movie like the next day for Johnny (so unlikely). So who knows how tuned in they are. Remember them coming up a lot as a source in the past.

I know other rumors have pointed to Galactus and one of his other heralds being in it, pre Silver Surfer. Who’d then get his own film/special/show. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Very interesting that Echo will be released all at once. I still prefer the weekly release.

If it weren't for Kingpin and Daredevil, I wouldn't have any interest in the show. And I still plan on waiting for reviews... Maybe they don't want it to go up against something else that's releasing in a similar time frame? Or maybe they just don't think it'll draw? Tough to say.

There were some reports about echo not quite landing, if that were the case batch dropping it makes sense. Like if the last couple episodes are bangers with daredevil and kingpin in it, you could get some of that old school Netflix style “it picks up 2/3 of the way into the season” hype.

• Like 1

I'm not that interested in Echo, but i'll still probably watch it because MCU. Probably a good idea to release something all at once if the hype isn't there.  All you need then is one or two strong episodes and you avoid the week to week criticism until it picks up.  I still prefer the weekly releases though.

With the Marvel Comic releases the past couple months.

Comic Power ranking the MCU characters would currently look something like.

1. Loki

2. America Chavez

3. Eddie Brock (might as well add Dylan and Venom here too)

4. Phoenix Force Holder

5. Celestials

Marvel needs a reboot. Though Summer of Symbiotes has been incredible.

For me, I look at it this way. Echo might be the best show out there, but if fans aren't excited for it people are going to wait until it's all out and binge it. Marvel is just getting ahead of that curve and instead of having rough numbers for a few weeks just put it out all at once and the numbers will be solid. I'm very curious about it, but it's by far the least excited I am for any of them, but could also be very cool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Gnat said:

For me, I look at it this way. Echo might be the best show out there, but if fans aren't excited for it people are going to wait until it's all out and binge it. Marvel is just getting ahead of that curve and instead of having rough numbers for a few weeks just put it out all at once and the numbers will be solid. I'm very curious about it, but it's by far the least excited I am for any of them, but could also be very cool.

Haven’t no intention of watching it, will depend how much Fisk and DD are in it.