The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

1 hour ago, 43M said:

And wasnt Morbius transfromed the same way, by bats?   I know it didnt "drop" into his bloodstream, but same idea.

I would laugh at Sony, but this is 90% of Hollywood these days.   And writers went on strike for more money.   xD

Spidey was bit by a spider, is the blood thing so far fetched?

4 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

Spidey was bit by a spider, is the blood thing so far fetched?

???

It has nothing to do with being far fetched.  Its super human stuff.   Its meant to be.

Its about utter lack of imagination and creativity.   Plus they have no idea how to set up and grow these characters.    Venom did well because it was a well known villain starring Tom Hardy.  Venom 2 was awful.    Morbius and Kraven are both POTENTIALLY interesting characters if handled right.   Morbius was only good to laugh at and mock.   Kraven looks pretty bad too.

Sony makes WB look semi competent.

49 minutes ago, 43M said:

???

It has nothing to do with being far fetched.  Its super human stuff.   Its meant to be.

Its about utter lack of imagination and creativity.   Plus they have no idea how to set up and grow these characters.    Venom did well because it was a well known villain starring Tom Hardy.  Venom 2 was awful.    Morbius and Kraven are both POTENTIALLY interesting characters if handled right.   Morbius was only good to laugh at and mock.   Kraven looks pretty bad too.

Sony makes WB look semi competent.

Maybe they thought it was more believable, than showing Kraven got his powers from drinking a potion made from herbs?

these sony spidey spin-offs all look like films that were filmed around 2007-11ish that are finally getting released. I can easily imagine that kraven trailer being played in front of the amazing spider-man back in the summer of 2012

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Maybe they thought it was more believable, than showing Kraven got his powers from drinking a potion made from herbs?

Skip right past the "origin" if needed.    Kraven could be interesting without showing exactly how he got his enhanced skills.

53 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Super easy to recast, he's a variant, yes all the ones we've seen thus far look like Majors, but get an actor who is somewhat similar in looks, easy peasy.

It's not like they DIDN'T JUST DO IT IN A MOVIE HE WAS IN. So I agree, easy peasy. 

All the respect to Chadwick too, but they should have recast that role as well (and I believe he said that).

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Super easy to recast, he's a variant, yes all the ones we've seen thus far look like Majors, but get an actor who is somewhat similar in looks, easy peasy.

Yep, if he’s done you get the best actor you can and just move on. Probably the easiest in universe explanation you’ll get for a recast.

On 6/30/2023 at 1:16 PM, MacReady said:

What’s the comic book precedent for recasting Kang?

Half a dozen more allegations and Majors is done with the role.

A female Kang from a different universe/cosmos would appear of course.

Recently they did this with Loki. And in 4-5 short issues. Female Loki became the most powerful being in the Marvel Universe.

On 6/30/2023 at 12:16 PM, MacReady said:

What’s the comic book precedent for recasting Kang?

Half a dozen more allegations and Majors is done with the role.

Kind of a bummer...I really liked Majors and was excited to see him as the main big bad for this arc. 

I imagine like others have said, they'll just recast and say Majors' Kang was a variant. Question becomes, who plays him?