> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

Not sure why it surprises anyone Howie"Might" like and or would take Nolan Smith in the 1st. Howie has a long history of drafting players to replace current players who have had succes as Eagles either with similar NFL Comps or at a position of need!. Some have worked some have failed miserably. 

Barnett-Graham

Sweat-Graham

JJAW-Alshon

Goedert-Ertz

Dillard-Peters

Reagor- Desean

Smitty-Agholor

Dickerson-Kelce

Jurgens-Kelce

Davis-Cox

Dean-Edwards

Howie just watched Reddick almost break the sack record, Nolan NFL Comp is Hassan Reddick,  Why wouldn't that be a player he covets? Just like Adebawore is a Graham Comp. Experts are just going off Howie's history of drafting players, specifically with his first 3 picks.

With that said, Roseman eluded to this in thier PC. No one knows what thier plan is, no one in that building is giving out information.  Since when does Howie show his hand, leak players he's targeting? This could all be a smoke screen hoping  Atlanta takes Nolan Smith leaving X-player to drop? Detroit/Chicago's  takes Bijan hoping X-player drops?

Although I suggested months ago, would you guys take Skoronski because it would solidify 4/5th of the OL moving forward fir years to come,  temper that potential pick as well. Did anyone catch Howie naming his OL starters for the 2023 season in that PC? He specifically put Jurgens in at RG. Not sure sitting Cam another year is the current plan.

It's why I think they will target Joe Tippman late 1st, early 2nd instead. 3 straight years of picking a OC Kelce replacements only to potentially solidify both OG spots in the process with Center versatility. 

Guess we'll find out in 3 days!

Edited by Nabbs4u

18 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It really depends what the scheme is looking like. If you want him to shade over the tackle, yeah maybe not the best use for him. But if they are planning to balance the set with two guys on the edge that can play the rush, get pressure and drop into coverage a bit…his size is fine.

I’m with you on the wariness of Howie’s overcorrections. I like this streak of getting big school guys who also have that character/work ethic you want. Netted good results this far.

Yes, I like those big school guys, it's a breath of fresh air over the soft guys we usually went for. But as for the size goes, we have a handful already that will need to see significant playing time if the season were to start today, so I'm against adding more at the time. 

40 minutes ago, downundermike said:

10 for 23, Dalvin Cook and Minnesota's 2024 2nd.

I'm seeing several trade downs with Minnesota but they include thier 2024 1st. I know rumor of Cook being dealt because of his contract are out there but I'm not sure the Vikings would want to send him to thier biggest threat to the Vikings making the SB in 2023?

Think a Austin Eckler trade would occur before that particular one does but think if Bijan/Gibbs are gone before both Eagles 1st rd picks, those are options (Cook/Eckler/Henry) are locked and loaded in Howie's arsenal to pull the trigger.

4 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Nolan Smith at 10 is my nightmare - not sure how you guys can see him as a good pick at 10 but what do I know. 

We see the player differently? Lol

Here are two Cowboys media guys I respect that have Nolan as their EDGE2 and closer graded to Will Anderson than EDGE3. 

He’s a guy that wasn’t really unleashed in that Georgia scheme and his skill set could thrive in the league with some technical refinement with his pass rush. He’s already a very good run defender despite his weight. I think it’s perfect having him learn from guys more technical like BG, Sweaty and of course his closest comp in Reddick. Then in 2025 he could fully takeover for Haason who would probably go get his last really big deal like Javon did this year.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Here are two Cowboys media guys I respect that have Nolan as their EDGE2 and closer graded to Will Anderson than EDGE3. 

He’s a guy that wasn’t really unleashed in that Georgia scheme and his skill set could thrive in the league with some technical refinement with his pass rush. He’s already a very good run defender despite his weight. I think it’s perfect having him learn from guys more technical like BG, Sweaty and of course his closest comp in Reddick. Then in 2025 he could fully takeover for Haason who would probably go get his last really big deal like Javon did this year.

You already know I don’t care what people on Twitter have to say. It has no impact on how I feel about the prospect. 

I’ve watched a lot of UGA football (unfortunately) and never once have I watched Nolan Smith and thought to myself - that kid is a top ten pick and a damn good edge player. I was comfortable (and still an) with him in the second round and that’s currently where I have him graded at - the underwear Olympics shot him up the board and where he’s projected now would be an incredible reach. 

If we take him I’ll root for him to prove me wrong and turn into a good player but my expectations will be low. 

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I could definitely see Reddick staying here for something less. You can tell he really loves being here.

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

You already know I don’t care what people on Twitter have to say. It has no impact on how I feel about the prospect. 

When did I say it had to? Stop saying dumb ****.

I'm just saying people can see guys differently. You're more than entitled to your opinion.

I’ve watched a lot of UGA football (unfortunately) and never once have I watched Nolan Smith and thought to myself - that kid is a top ten pick and a damn good edge player. I was comfortable (and still an) with him in the second round and that’s currently where I have him graded at - the underwear Olympics shot him up the board and where he’s projected now would be an incredible reach.

I was praying we would be able to land him at 30 even before the combine. He SHOULD'VE been a consensus top 20-25 before he even ran a 4.39. I think he was putting it together this year before the pec injury. He had the 5th highest WIN% (obviously a smaller sample) of any EDGE in college football and the highest of any EDGE that is coming out this year. I think he's got a nice floor and a pretty high ceiling.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

7 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I could definitely see Reddick staying here for something less. You can tell he really loves being here.

When have guys really took less? Jason Kelce and Fletcher Cox love it here, but both of them as they've been hitting free agency every year have been maximizing their worth year after year. I guess you could say Graham this year took a bit less than what he could've got if he went to the market, but BG is 35. I don't think a 30 year old Reddick is gonna be giving us any breaks on what he is worth.

• Like 1

If we take him I’ll root for him to prove me wrong and turn into a good player but my expectations will be low. 

Hopefully he'll prove you wrong just like Hurts then, cause there is a good chance we take him whether it be at 10 or in a trade back which is obviously preferable. Not sure he lasts to wherever would net us a first round pick in a trade down, but yeah.

22 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

When have guys really took less? Jason Kelce and Fletcher Cox love it here, but both of them as they've been hitting free agency every year have been maximizing their worth year after year. I guess you could say Graham this year took a bit less than what he could've got if he went to the market, but BG is 35. I don't think a 30 year old Reddick is gonna be giving us any breaks on what he is worth.

I think it might be different since he's from Philly.

Anyone see any glaring Draft waves from the Rodgers trade?

JSN seems like the most obvious bump. Gets them in front of the Pats.

Biggest one is they’ll be able to maneuver with that extra 2nd to get a tightend, which is their biggest need. Can read the board and move up if needed easier than before. Couple of mocks I’ve done I traded 30 to them for a 2nd and a 3rd, if they can do that for Kincaid or Mayer I think they would.

• Like 1