Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

2 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Actually it is very true, if you want to disagree fine. But asking a HC to start rookies at pretty much every position is usually asking for failure, then having the amount of injuries that we had on top of that makes it impossible to evaluate. So you can say that he is a utter disaster,  but that is just your opinion based on just going off of wins and losses. There is not a single HC that would have had a winning record with the garbage we had on the field last season.  

No one asked him to win but you contradict yourself when you criticize Gase for losing with the rosters he had but excuse Saleh as he had a young roster. And this isn’t me saying Gase was good either because he didn’t do much better than Saleh but Saleh did nothing last year. Literally nothing.

Last 6 years Gase had the best season with 7 wins, in that season his team gave up less points than both defensive minded head coaches he coached in between(Bowles/Saleh)

All 3 were bad for us though, I just want the same energy guys had for Bowles and Gase for Saleh. When the team plays better and he coaches better then he’ll deserve our praise. Until then the jury is still out.

2 hours ago, NJC33 said:

So you’re arguing he produced at a level relative to the talent he had available? I.e last in talent, last in production — meaning he wasn’t able to elevate the pieces at his disposal. His scheme, philosophy, approach (etc.) did nothing for the bottom line. 

Didn’t he though?  Many on this site praised our CB’s going so far as to say the scheme masks the talent deficiency. That we could get day three talent and have them perform. Wouldn’t that be an example of getting lesser talented players playing above themselves ie. elevating the pieces?

2 hours ago, NJC33 said:

I think the best way to evaluate coaching is by looking at production relative to talent. If you’re 32nd in talent and 32nd in production, objectively, there was no value added from a coaching perspective

I couldn’t agree more and I think Saleh did just that.  But I hope your not expecting a silk purse from a sow’s ear.  I certainly wish he could have done more but that is being greedy. This year will be telling because we supposedly have the talent.  I expect growing pains but I also expect noticeable improvement.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

No one asked him to win but you contradict yourself when you criticize Gase for losing with the rosters he had but excuse Saleh as he had a young roster. And this isn’t me saying Gase was good either because he didn’t do much better than Saleh but Saleh did nothing last year. Literally nothing.

Gase was a disaster for a million of reasons. Players regressed under him. He was not motivating guys at all. There was a dysfunctional clown aspect of the organization while Gase was HC and Gase was definitely part of being a dysfunctional coach. He was arrogant without any substance. And he wanted full control of the offense even though he was doing a terrible job. 

Being a HC is more than being a coordinator, you are running a staff and need to be a leader of the organization. Gase was horrible at that.  

Saleh is not trying to be a DC here, he allowed his DC to run the defense. If the defense still sucks, they will fire Ulbrich first before making a HC change. The team was playing hard during the late months, even though the majority of the team was on IR. Saleh did better than Gase as being a HC. I don't get the sense of a clownish dysfunctional organization with Saleh and Douglas.  I don't see anything specific that makes me think we should be talking about firing Saleh right now.   

12 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Last 6 years Gase had the best season with 7 wins, in that season his team gave up less points than both defensive minded head coaches he coached in between(Bowles/Saleh)

All 3 were bad for us though, I just want the same energy guys had for Bowles and Gase for Saleh. When the team plays better and he coaches better then he’ll deserve our praise. Until then the jury is still out.

Yeah we had that stretch where we were beating bad teams in 2019.   I would take Bowles as a HC over Gase.  I think Gase was toxic and a terrible HC. Bowles had flaws, but I also think that a lot of his failures were due to having Mike Maccagnan as the GM.  Todd Bowles had the last season we were good. 2015 He went 10-6 and would have made the playoffs if not for Fitzpatrick choking. 

5 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Yeah we had that stretch where we were beating bad teams in 2019.   I would take Bowles as a HC over Gase.  I think Gase was toxic and a terrible HC. Bowles had flaws, but I also think that a lot of his failures were due to having Mike Maccagnan as the GM.  Todd Bowles had the last season we were good. 2015 He went 10-6 and would have made the playoffs if not for Fitzpatrick choking. 

You think he was toxic so that’s clouding your judgement. Gase coached the same teams Macaggnan built how can you use that to excuse Bowles but not Gase. We beat bad teams but we were also a bad team. 

Agenda driven posting is hilarious to read. They all have sucked for us. Period. Either everyone gets excuses or no one gets excuses and not because you like them or think they’re toxic.

15 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Gase was a disaster for a million of reasons. Players regressed under him. He was not motivating guys at all. There was a dysfunctional clown aspect of the organization while Gase was HC and Gase was definitely part of being a dysfunctional coach. He was arrogant without any substance. And he wanted full control of the offense even though he was doing a terrible job. 

Being a HC is more than being a coordinator, you are running a staff and need to be a leader of the organization. Gase was horrible at that.  

Saleh is not trying to be a DC here, he allowed his DC to run the defense. If the defense still sucks, they will fire Ulbrich first before making a HC change. The team was playing hard during the late months, even though the majority of the team was on IR. Saleh did better than Gase as being a HC. I don't get the sense of a clownish dysfunctional organization with Saleh and Douglas.  I don't see anything specific that makes me think we should be talking about firing Saleh right now.   

You literally are using buzz words and nothing factual to support anything you’re saying. And no one said fire Saleh, all we are saying is he did not do a good job last season. Team was unprepared, failed to make adjustments consistently, made far too mental errors down the stretch of games and suffered from slow starts far too often. He also failed to utilize his expertise on defense to improve their play. See how I’m not making things up like toxic, clown, dysfunctional, arrogant??? This isn’t about someone’s personality it’s about what they put on the field. He put a bad product on the field last year majority of the time. If you cant see it it’s because you don’t want to.

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

You think he was toxic so that’s clouding your judgement. Gase coached the same teams Macaggnan built how can you use that to excuse Bowles but not Gase. We beat bad teams but we were also a bad team. 

Agenda driven posting is hilarious to read. They all have sucked for us. Period. Either everyone gets excuses or no one gets excuses and not because you like them or think they’re toxic.

I am not debating whether Gase had a bad team or not. Mike Maccagnan was a disaster as a GM, one of the worst in our history.  Gase simply was overmatched and clueless as a HC and he was toxic to a organization. He didn't just have one stint, he was the same way with Miami.  Gase is not employed right now for a reason. The best thing Gase did was get Maccagnan fired.  

He was the Rich Kotite of coaches for the Jets. There was a clown aspect when he was here, he had players dissing him than would go back at them and it just was a dysfunctional place. My point is that it isn't just W/L of why I think Adam Gase was a disaster. He was a bad leader, bad communicator, bad with the one thing he was supposed to be good with which was offense, and he had so many leaks and drama being created with the organization while he was here. Players also regressed under him. Sam Darnold wasn't terrible his first 2 seasons, then completely flopped year 3. 

54 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I am not debating whether Gase had a bad team or not. Mike Maccagnan was a disaster as a GM, one of the worst in our history.  Gase simply was overmatched and clueless as a HC and he was toxic to a organization. He didn't just have one stint, he was the same way with Miami.  Gase is not employed right now for a reason. The best thing Gase did was get Maccagnan fired.  

He was the Rich Kotite of coaches for the Jets. There was a clown aspect when he was here, he had players dissing him than would go back at them and it just was a dysfunctional place. My point is that it isn't just W/L of why I think Adam Gase was a disaster. He was a bad leader, bad communicator, bad with the one thing he was supposed to be good with which was offense, and he had so many leaks and drama being created with the organization while he was here. Players also regressed under him. Sam Darnold wasn't terrible his first 2 seasons, then completely flopped year 3. 

Again nothing factual just buzz words. That stuff doesn’t fly around here. You can’t give me any facts. Not a single fact. He also coached Darnold his 2nd season(Darnold’s best season as a pro) he coached Adams best season as a pro. Crowders best season with the Jets, Fatukasi’s best season with the Jets.

But overall he was bad and underperformed as a coach. Everything else you’re saying is crap. 

Edited by KingOfNewYork