Jets 2022 General Talk

Bobby816

1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

Good move, get Van Roten outta here

Bye Bye GVR.

Although this guy is about as out of shape of an OG as you’ll see. Maybe he comes to camp in better shape. But he needs to lose 20lbs of just fat.

100% on board with bringing in Jones.

But if you read between the lines… staff said they like our LB unit post FA and we didn’t draft a LB. So apparently they like what we have. I also as I said think we run mostly 2 LB sets. Our better talent is at CB, so unless it’s an obvious running situation, I can see ya mostly rolling with a front 4, 2 LBs and 5 DBs. So mainly having to only play Mosley and Quincy. Of course we need depth. But I think they’re trusting the progression from Nas and Sherwood.

But yes I’d be all for the upgrade of Jones over Quincy

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

100% on board with bringing in Jones.

But if you read between the lines… staff said they like our LB unit post FA and we didn’t draft a LB. So apparently they like what we have. I also as I said think we run mostly 2 LB sets. Our better talent is at CB, so unless it’s an obvious running situation, I can see ya mostly rolling with a front 4, 2 LBs and 5 DBs. So mainly having to only play Mosley and Quincy. Of course we need depth. But I think they’re trusting the progression from Nas and Sherwood.

But yes I’d be all for the upgrade of Jones over Quincy

Deion Jones? Yeah he’s an obvious target if he slips free from Atlanta. Play him at Will and let Nas back him him for a year. Nas should be well groomed to take over in year 3 should he put it all together. Sherwood takes over for Mosley. Quincy can play SAM long term, he fits the mold. 

9 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Deion Jones? Yeah he’s an obvious target if he slips free from Atlanta. Play him at Will and let Nas back him him for a year. Nas should be well groomed to take over in year 3 should he put it all together. Sherwood takes over for Mosley. Quincy can play SAM long term, he fits the mold. 

Then we draft a stud DT next year.

The biggest ? of all that no one talks about is "Will these coaches be able to develop the players." JD can give you the best players in the draft but if they do not develop that has to fall on the coaches. If you look back in the past we have not had a coach develop players since Rex Ryan. I'm more worried about this. Please don't throw the "Well look at what this guy did the last 3 or 4 games." You do know by then most teams know if they are in or out of the playoff run so half the lead throws these rookies and young players in just to give them PT time. 

Great add!

We brought him in as an overweight UDFA and our OL coach who is the best in the league molded him into a serviceable guard. He lost a lot of weight and got in better shape last offseason. Only reason he was released was cause we have the deepest OL room in the NFL and we couldn’t justify his tender price tag, especially with drafting Jurgens in the 2nd round. He’s likely now the top back-up guard. Hope he does well for y’all.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Bye Bye GVR.

Although this guy is about as out of shape of an OG as you’ll see. Maybe he comes to camp in better shape. But he needs to lose 20lbs of just fat.

Herbig lost a bunch of weight last offseason??

Knowing that what it takes to play in the NFL, Herbig dedicated himself this offseason. He plans to report to Training Camp in less than two weeks at 325 pounds, 30 fewer than his rookie year playing weight. He said it's the lightest he's been since his sophomore year of high school.

How did he do it? He spent the entire offseason working out with Lane Johnson in the All-Pro right tackle's home gym when the Eagles' workout program wasn't in session. He cleaned up his eating. He aims for 11 hours of sleep each night.

"I said in the past that I wanted it, but my body didn't show that. I want to show the Eagles, I want to show the world, I want to show myself that this is what I want. I want to play in the NFL for a long time. I feel like I can be a good player. I want to give myself the best opportunity to be the best that I can to help the team," Herbig said.

"I have the rest of my life to take a vacation. I don't want to waste the opportunity. I want to try and be the best version of myself. I just turned 23 (on July 10). I knew I needed to lose weight. I knew I needed to get in better shape. I needed to become more of a student of the game."

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/ol-masterminds-summit-shows-nate-herbig

Rookie and FA numbers

DJ Reed - 1

Laken Tomlinson - 78

Jordan Whitehead - 6

CJ Uzomah - 87

Tyler Conklin - 83

Greg Zurlein - 4

Vinny Curry - 99

Sauce - 20

Garrett Wilson - 17

Jermaine Johnson - 52