Who wins the AFC East?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the AFC East?

• Buffalo Bills
    • Miami Dolphins
    • New England Patriots
    • New York Jets

13 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

The Bills will probably win it, they are a veteran team with the top QB in the division. 

I think the Jets will be better than a lot of people on here think. 

It all depends on coaching and Wilson because outside of those two question marks- I see a pretty good team. I think they can surprise some teams this year, but they have a tough schedule, and for the first time in a long time- it appears the AFCE will be pretty tough, too. 

I don't see the Bills sweeping the division, but they should win it. The season is long, though, and the Bills play down to their opponents during the regular season, so I could see the divisional race being pretty close up until the last few weeks. 

I think the Dolphins will be #2 in the division with the Jets and Pats fighting for #3. I don't foresee any of the 4 teams being bottom of the barrel bad. 

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Pats vs Jets combined scores last season was; NE 79 - 19 NYJ. 

Now we're in a fight for 3rd with them. Hats off, NY. That was some off-season 😃

Well, when you put it that way🤔🤔🤔

Honestly, I really like what Douglas has done with the Jets. Obviously there are two huge unknowns in Wilson and Saleh, but talent wise- I think they can give the Pats fits. Of course, BB made them his ****** last season, so wouldn't be surprised if it happens again.

I dont think any of the Jets,  Dolphins, or Pats will be bad this year. In fact- I can see any of the three making the WC spot if things go right for them. Dolphins seem like the most likely candidate, but the Pats were there last year and have great coaching. The Jets- I dont know- I just am a bit enamored with Wilson's potential. I think he has the highest potential among him, Tua, and Mac...and I have a sneaky feeling he's going to take a step forward next year into that 10-20 range of QBs. 

Time will tell, though. Really hard to rank teams with such young QBs and new coaches coming in. I cant even guarantee the Bills will win the division. You never know what young QB is going to take a massive step forward, and Buffalo showed last year it takes them a while to start firing on all cylinders. No body thought the Pats would be leading the division as late in the season as they did. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

It all depends on coaching and Wilson because outside of those two question marks- I see a pretty good team. I think they can surprise some teams this year, but they have a tough schedule, and for the first time in a long time- it appears the AFCE will be pretty tough, too. 

I don't see the Bills sweeping the division, but they should win it. The season is long, though, and the Bills play down to their opponents during the regular season, so I could see the divisional race being pretty close up until the last few weeks. 

I think the Dolphins will be #2 in the division with the Jets and Pats fighting for #3. I don't foresee any of the 4 teams being bottom of the barrel bad. 

There are a ton of questions with the Jets. They are a very young team who hasn't proved anything yet, I love the talent and potential of the team but until they show it on the field it means nothing.  The vibe I get with them is 100% different than I have seen in over a decade. I think Joe Douglas and Robert Saleh are definitely changing the culture, but they need to get the wins next.  Saleh had a extremely difficult job last season, he was asked to coach a team with a huge amount of rookies starting and also had a huge amount of injuries.  I like Saleh in that I feel like he is a strong leader, his optimism is needed in NY because this team has such a culture of losing and negativity that you need someone who is optimistic and doesn't shy from it.   He also isn't afraid of playing young guys and letting them develop. I saw a lot of player development throughout last season which is what gave me hope, vs with Gase players regressed as he was a terrible coach. Our OC Mike LaFlaur I really like as well, He is creative and runs that Shanahan scheme that is a lot of fun to watch. 

It rides on the health of the team and if Wilson takes that step.  I think Wilson will be much better, his stats weren't good last year, I get that. But I saw him improve over the season, he got more comfortable with the offense and the NFL. His players around him regressed significantly as we had like every player go on IR. Week 18 vs the Bills we had every WR on IR, something I've never seen before. We had guys off the street starting and we didn't have any TE talent to begin with. We also had like 3-4 starters on the OL missing vs a team that was playing for the division at home. I thought it would be a game where Wilson threw 4-5 INTs like a typical Jet. But he had none, he did a great job of protecting the football as the season went on. He just didn't have the players around him to actually make plays. One thing is, I didn't see him flinch or be brought down. Darnold regressed heavily as he got hit, he let it get to his head and would get worse. I am hopeful, they are hungry and want to win. Best vibe I've seen around this team and I've seen some of the most incompetent and dysfunctional teams out there the past decade.   The defense has to improve a lot too. They were awful last season. But we made significant upgrades, and if guys return healthy like Lawson they could get a big boost. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Really hard to rank teams with such young QBs and new coaches coming in. I cant even guarantee the Bills will win the division. You never know what young QB is going to take a massive step forward

Josh Allen spoiled everyone so now we're all waiting on a young QB in year three to go off. 

• Like 3

It's kinda funny how this is still the easiest division to predict even now that the Pats dynasty is over.

Honestly even if Josh Allen goes down for the season week 1, I'd probably still pick the Bills to win this division. Although I could see Miami being a pretty decent team this year.

Edited by Bolts223

I feel like the Dolphins get one off us this year, they're due one. Other than that, Bills take the division pretty handily IMO.

Idk the schedule math or if this is even possible so this is just vibes

Bills 14-3

Dolphins 10-7

Pats 9-8

Jets 6-11 

Don't think much of anything about Zach Wilson, BB is still an elite coach and even with an iffy roster will have them winning games they shouldn't (but not as many), and the Dolphins just feel like a team that's primed to either have this finally be the year where stuff starts to click OR the year where it just falls apart wildly and rapidly. Hard to say.