• Miami Dolphins
    • New England Patriots
    • New York Jets

Feel free to post records if you wish.

Buffalo
Miami
New England
NY Jets

I like this division a lot. Bills seem to be the offseason favorites, and them winning certainly does seem the most likely option if Josh Allen maintains his otherworldly postseason form. When it comes to 2nd-4th, who knows? All three look decent. I think the Dolphins will show the most with their new weapons coupled with the McDaniel effect. Patriots will still have great coaching even if they haven't had as splashy an offseason as their rivals. Jets have done a lot to support Wilson; can he show that he's the answer at QB? One of these teams is bound to disappoint, and history tells us that it'll probably be the Jets. That's the only reason I've put them bottom. However, I honestly think this division will be sending two teams to the playoffs and I wouldn't be shocked by any of them making it. 

Edited by notthatbluestuff

Bills will win this handily, and I'm not even being a homer. However I can see the Dolphins and Jets battling for #2. The Dolphins have a FAST offense that could compete with Buffalo, but I think the Bills D is still very good. 

The Pats don't seem like they know what's going on, in a pass happy league they are going to try to ground and pound, which if you ask Rex Ryan circa 2015 how that worked out, he'll tell you, not well... I think we have the answer to the age old question of "does the HC make the QB, or does the QB make the HC?" 

1. Bills

2. Dolphins

3. Jets

4. Pats

I'll go 1. Bills, 2. Dolphins, 3a Jets, 3b. Pats. 

No offense to the other teams but they shouldn't and won't give the bills a hard time. Bills should go 6-0. Their toughest comp will be the Dolphins but Josh Allen owns that team. 

I'm interested to see how the Jets do. I really like their draft and their offseason. If Wilson can take a step forward I can see them being testy and potentially finishing around .500 or even 9-8. 

The Pats are tricky. They made the playoffs last year so you'd think they should be #2 but they didn't really do anything this post season and lost JC Jackson. I think their defense and offense will both be middle of the pack and they'll finish around .500 or 7-10 range. 

Edited by The BILLievers

Pfft..

OK so Patriots and Dolphins both play the NFC North (Patriots go to Green Bay and Minnesota, Dolphins visit Detroit and Chicago)  and AFC North (Patriots get Baltimore and Cinci at home, whereas Miami go to those teams.) 

Pats also get Cardinals, Raiders and Colts. Miami get Chargers, 49ers and Texans

1. Bills (14-3)

2. Patriots (9-8)

3. Dolphins (9-8)

4. Jets (7-10)

The pats team will look quite different from last year, with some redshirts/injuries coming in for the first time. Elite speed in parts now, which is probably key. Still think Buffalo will destroy us.

I'm continually impressed how a decent draft leads people into a false sense of security in picking the Jets to do well. I expect a slight improvement, and maybe they can even take a game of NE finally

Edited by Hunter2_1

Jets are totally dependent on Zach Wilson's growth.

Tua has shown he's at least replacement level and Hill/Waddle are proven weapons, so their floor is much higher than the Jets. Pats still have BB, but I am very interested to see how the offense functions without McDaniels at the helm. And Bills are an AFC champion favorite. Expectation wise, it has to be:

1. Bills
  2. Pats
  3. Dolphins
  4. Jets

until it's not.

Bills, Dolphins, Pats, Jets. Same finishing order as last year just flip-flop Pats and Fins. 

Dolphins brought back everyone from last year's defense by signing their own FA's. Kept the same DC even during a HC change which is pretty cool. Stability, ahhh refreshing after the constant asst. coach replacements under the last HC. Four OC's in three years, come on man that's ridiculous and dumb. Silliness like this is how you end up on a 7-game losing streak hmph. 

Bills and Pats lost their OC's so that's a potential weakness until proven otherwise. Dolphins brought in a supposed offensive wizard as HC but he has yet to coach a game hence nobody knows how that will work out either. He sure is seen often in public with Tua, which I like. Support your QB, head coaches. Miami's NFL-worst offensive line HAS to be better than last year, right? Nowhere to go but up. 

Don't think the Jets will make any huge leap forward but hey it's the NFL. They could be in the playoffs after a Bengals-like jump and I wouldn't even be surprised. 

This division is easy...

Buffalo wins division. (At least 11 wins)

Patriots take 2nd, but with only 8 or 9 wins.

Miami gets about 7 or 8 wins. T. Hill will help, but Tua is not the guy.

Jets flutter at about 4 or 5 wins. Jets start clamoring for 2023 QB class.

1. Bills 12-5
  2. Dolphins 10-7 (misses playoffs)
  3. Patriots 8-9
  4. Jets 5-12

Bills are fairly dominant. Dolphins will keep things interesting, but won't really threaten the division. Dolphins are much improved on offense, however in the tough AFC, one of the 10 win teams miss. Patriots are the epitome of mediocre. Their offense doesn't make a leap, and the defense isn't good enough to carry them in a much improved division. Jets struggle early, but they show a lot of progress. Still very much rebuilding, but more hope than the end of 2021

Easiest division to predict. The Bills better win it. If the Bills are fighting for the division late in the season then its a disappointment for them. They are essentially the Rams of this season. Its not only Superbowl or bust but they better win the Superbowl. It wont be good enough just to get there. The Bills as a franchise been to the Superbowl 4x so there shouldnt be a sigh of relief if they finally break through and get to a Superbowl. They need to win it. They need to win it to justify giving a 33yr old a 100 mil contract. They need to win it to get over that disaster of a finish to the Chiefs game where the defense couldnt hold for the final 13 seconds of regulation. Plus I do think the Dolphins and Jets are coming soon if not really really soon. The Pats has been the Bills and the division in general strangle holder but the Pats are trending down so the Bills need to take advantage of it.

I mentioned the Dolphins and Jets coming soon if not really soon. I think the Dolphins can make the playoffs this season. Not saying they will but I love what they did in the offseason. Their offense is going to be fun to watch as long as Tua can stay healthy and McDaniels shows that he can run the show as a head coach. I think he is going to bring some of the things Kyle is doing in San Fran. Its definitely going to be fun when the Dolphins play the Jets bc they have a former DC of the San Fran in Saleh. So seeing him matchup with McDaniels offense is going to be interesting. I love what the Jets did in the draft. One executive said the Jets draft class is the best he has seen since the 2017 Saints draft class. We know that draft turn the Saints back around after they was going (7-9) four out of the last five seasons then they ended up going (12-4) and (13-3) in the seasons following that draft class. The Jets have the pieces around them on offense and defense now. It comes down to coaching and of course Wilson. If he is the QB that many believe that he is the Jets will be a dangerous team to play this season and maybe next season they will compete for the playoffs.

As for the Pats, Im really low on them. Their draft wasnt good and I just dont believe in Jones. He is an "ok" QB but I dont think he is special. I said in order for good things to happen with the Pats, either Jones have to be special or at the very least really really good OR they need to put great weapons around him to help him be really really good. The Pats didnt put any great weapons around him so I think we will maybe get a slightly better Jones but its not going to be anything to brag about and when they go up against teams with special QBs or teams that have really good QBs with great weapons we will see the Pats lose those games way more than they win. They will manage to win some games they shouldnt bc they have Belichick and a nice running game but I cant see the Pats winning 10+ games now in a strong AFC with Jones leading the way unless he proves me wrong and be the QB I dont see him as. 

Bills have pretty much everything and the Patriots have Belichick. I actually think top to bottom the Jets are better than the Dolphins talent wise and Saleh should be able to our coach McDaniel as we run the same scheme. 

Bills will win the division and I think the other 3 teams can finish anywhere from there. All should have at least 7 wins IMO.

On 5/6/2022 at 8:56 AM, Tommy_C said:

Bills will win this handily, and I'm not even being a homer. However I can see the Dolphins and Jets battling for #2. The Dolphins have a FAST offense that could compete with Buffalo, but I think the Bills D is still very good. 

The Pats don't seem like they know what's going on, in a pass happy league they are going to try to ground and pound, which if you ask Rex Ryan circa 2015 how that worked out, he'll tell you, not well... I think we have the answer to the age old question of "does the HC make the QB, or does the QB make the HC?" 

1. Bills

2. Dolphins

3. Jets

4. Pats

Did you seriously try to lump Bill Belichick with Rex Ryan?