What's a hill you are willing to die on for the 2022-2023 NFL Season?

Bolts223

54 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Neither the Rams or Bengals make the Championship Game or SB due to overconfidence (taking games for grant it) and or injury unfortunately to key Starters derailing their seasons.

I doubt the Bengals will overlook anyone.  They are already playing up the "fluke" card to add a chip to their collective shoulders.  Injuries happen to everyone, so that's not a hill to die on for anyone, honestly.

On 5/11/2022 at 2:54 AM, Yin-Yang said:

I mean, the Raiders are also coming off a season where they made the playoffs in spite of a mediocre HC getting very publicly canned, a media head for a GM, a lame duck interim coach, the top WR killing someone and getting arrested, and a nice handful of injuries. They won their last four straight to get into the playoffs and then lost a close game to the eventual AFC champ. They then added a top pass rusher to form one of the best pass rushing duos in the league, and traded for a top-3 WR. 

This is the team you’re going to die on the hill as getting worse? Even if you hate McDaniels, he’s got to be a neutral move on Biasacchia, no?

They also had the third worst point differential of any playoff team in league history, which points to a certain amount of luck. To that end they went 7-2 in one possession games during the regular season, and those last four games they won were all toss ups.

With Wilson now in Denver and the Chargers looking improved, their schedule is more challenging as well. I'd be shocked if they didn't finish with a worse record than last year.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 9:21 AM, Nabbs4u said:

Jalen Hurts makes a Josh Allen type leap forward playing the actual position of QB in the NFL in his 3rd year. (This is NOT a comparison of the two players  talent wise) but the overall progression for both as a QB from years 1-2 to year 3.

This is a hill you're willing to die on? lol

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

This is a hill you're willing to die on? lol

Think people have forgotten how Allen's first 2 seasons as a starter in Buffalo went? Fans , experts , media all questioning his Accuracy, Mechanics,  Footwork, ability to read NFL Defenses, ect......

All things he worked on in the offseason and corrected going into year 3. Coincidentally after the Bills went and got him a #1 WR in Diggs, the rest is history.

So yes I believe Hurts makes a year 3 jump in overall QB play as well with the addition of AJ Brown, His 2nd year in the same offense and working out with Tom House/other QB coaches in California. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Think people have forgotten how Allen's first 2 seasons as a starter in Buffalo went? Fans , experts , media all questioning his Accuracy, Mechanics,  Footwork, ability to read NFL Defenses, ect......

All things he worked on in the offseason and corrected going into year 3. Coincidentally after the Bills went and got him a #1 WR in Diggs, the rest is history.

So yes I believe Hurts makes a year 3 jump in overall QB play as well with the addition of AJ Brown, His 2nd year in the same offense and working out with Tom House/other QB coaches in California. 

Yeah, I think it's not a matter of if, but when Hurts turns it up as a passer. I don't think we'll see his finished product this year, but my guess is he's going to improve. By 2024, watch out. I sense a star in the making with him and an improved supporting cast. 

I do find it weird how some of the biggest Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen fans have been so incredibly quick to write Hurts off as the drizzling ****s though. Then again, I see them often being Tua apologists, so ....

Allen has better supporting players and arguably better coaching. Lamar had significantly better supporting players, particularly on D, and one of the league's best coaching staffs. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I liked what I saw from Hurts last year than I did from Allen in his first full year starting, and even into his second year. And I really liked what I saw from Allen, mind you. 

Will Hurts be better than Allen? Probably not. Allen has far exceeded expectations. But I'm with you, I can see Hurts making a leap like Allen did and solidifying himself as one of the league's better weapons at QB. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Josh Allen is probably the biggest outlier in NFL history in terms of how big of a leap he made during the first three years of his career. Dude is also probably the most physically gifted QB in the league with one of the strongest arms in NFL history, he just had accuracy and mechanical issues. Largely in part to the fact that he played at a JuCo and then a small program so he never really received great coaching. 

I like Jalen Hurts a lot but he went to Alabama/Oklahoma so he has had proper coaching for years now. And he just simply does not have the physical tools, particularly the arm talent that Josh Allen does. I think that Hurts can definitely make a leap this year but I don't think he has the tools to be elite and when Josh was developing the Bills knew what they had. The Eagles essentially have Hurts on a 1 year try out.

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yeah, I think it's not a matter of if, but when Hurts turns it up as a passer. I don't think we'll see his finished product this year, but my guess is he's going to improve. By 2024, watch out. I sense a star in the making with him and an improved supporting cast. 

I do find it weird how some of the biggest Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen fans have been so incredibly quick to write Hurts off as the drizzling ****s though. Then again, I see them often being Tua apologists, so ....

Allen has better supporting players and arguably better coaching. Lamar had significantly better supporting players, particularly on D, and one of the league's best coaching staffs. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I liked what I saw from Hurts last year than I did from Allen in his first full year starting, and even into his second year. And I really liked what I saw from Allen, mind you. 

Will Hurts be better than Allen? Probably not. Allen has far exceeded expectations. But I'm with you, I can see Hurts making a leap like Allen did and solidifying himself as one of the league's better weapons at QB. 

This is a fair assessment @Nabbs4u that I agree with. I actually really like Jalen Hurts, had him in fantasy and so I watched literally every snap he played last year. Was really impressed by his leadership, how he never got rattled, and how he for the most part put the Eagles offense on his back last season. He has the weapons around him now so I do expect that he'll make a leap as a passer and solidify himself as a good starter, I just don't think that he has the ability as a passer to be on the Allen/Mahomes level, just because he doesn't possess that type of arm talent. 

That was honestly one of the reasons I was surprised about the rumblings the Eagles were potentially considering moving on from him after last season. If you put the majority of young, essentially rookie QBs, into his role and asked them to do what he had to do, they would've flopped. 

Edited by NYRaider

On 5/11/2022 at 9:44 AM, SteelKing728 said:

Detroit will make the playoffs.

The Lions are one of my favorite sleeper teams for next season. I got to watch a lot of their games as a Swift owner in fantasy last year. Their OL is above average and they've done a pretty good job of surrounding Goff with some talent. He's not a world beater but he can get the job done if he has the right pieces around him. Their supporting cast is actually pretty damn solid with Swift/Williams at RB, Williams/St.Brown/Reynolds/Chark at WR, and Hockenson at TE. 

• Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 11:21 AM, Nabbs4u said:

Jalen Hurts makes a Josh Allen type leap forward playing the actual position of QB in the NFL in his 3rd year. (This is NOT a comparison of the two players  talent wise) but the overall progression for both as a QB from years 1-2 to year 3.

The Bills if they remain relatively healthy finally win thier Franchises first ever SB. If Allen is lost for the season godforbid, they are picking top 10.

The Raiders despite the addition of Adams and Carr having his best statistical seaaon to date, finish no better then 3rd in the Division and miss the playoffs. .

Dak Prescott despite having the best TE in football Mr. Dalton Schultz at his disposal. Not only struggles without Amari Cooper which (Gallup/Wilson prove they are not) but Jerry starts to question Prescott publicly (shocker I know) after the 2022 season about his future as the Cowboys FQB if things don't change in 2023. Tends to happen when you spend a 140M with Zero playoff wins in 4 years. 

Neither the Rams or Bengals make the Championship Game or SB due to overconfidence (taking games for grant it) and or injury unfortunately to key Starters derailing their seasons.

Tom Brady will be in his 10th SB in 23 years, this time as a Fox Analyst calling the game after a Bucs playoff loss.

When have the Rams EVER been overconfident taking teams for granted? McVay is too good of a coach where he has his team ready for the most part always to just take any teams for granted. That’s why he hasn’t had a losing season as a head coach.

Plus I do think that 2019 season when the Rams went (9-7) and missed the playoffs coming off the Superbowl will help McVay and the team understand the challenges this upcoming season will be as trying to get back to the Superbowl. While it’s no lock they get back to the NFCCG bc they will probably have to win twice just to get back there In confident they will just bc they know what it takes with the experience and they have all the pieces. The only thing that will detail the Rams is injuries and we know injuries are unpredictable but at the same time we also know the one team that’s great at staying relatively healthy with their main guys is the Rams.