What's a hill you are willing to die on for the 2022-2023 NFL Season?

Bolts223

9 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Carson Wentz is the best QB in the NFC East and Washington wins the Division, despite their record from last year. I think that highly of Wentz.

Channelling my inner ACE before he got a chance. 🥃

I agree with @minutemancl. I dont understand teams infatuation with Wentz at this point. Its like everybody is still chasing that one season he had in 2017 still in 2022.

He is a starting level QB, but he just isnt going to take you where you need to go and he might be the most unreliable QB in the league. In Gen Z lingo, hes washed.

There is a strong chance the Rams will get back to the Superbowl this upcoming season. I have them definitely in the NFCCG this upcoming season. It just depends on who they will face. My thinking is the Bucs but my surprise team that could make it to the NFCCG to face the Rams is the Vikings. 

The Bills better go to the Superbowl but I love the Broncos chances of going to the Superbowl. Following that trend that Brady left the Pats to take the Bucs to the Superbowl, Stafford left the Lions to take the Rams to the Superbowl and now Russ leaves the Seahawks to take the Broncos to the Superbowl.

Herbert better lead the Chargers to the playoffs or else I dont want to hear anything about him being a top 5 QB. If he dont lead the Chargers to the playoffs he should be looked at in a similar way Stafford was looked at in Detroit if not worse. A guy who has top 5 talent but doesnt have the success the top QBs have thus he isnt mentioned amongst them. Bc Stafford at least in his 3rd season led the Lions to the playoffs. So I stand by that with Herbert bc if he is who everyone claims he is and I think he is also he should lead one of the most talented rosters in the NFL to the playoffs. 

On 5/9/2022 at 8:22 PM, FrantikRam said:

Previously failed HC and Patriots coordinators are almost always mediocre to poor head coaches

Chiefs and Chargers make the playoffs, other two miss. 

I mean, the Raiders are also coming off a season where they made the playoffs in spite of a mediocre HC getting very publicly canned, a media head for a GM, a lame duck interim coach, the top WR killing someone and getting arrested, and a nice handful of injuries. They won their last four straight to get into the playoffs and then lost a close game to the eventual AFC champ. They then added a top pass rusher to form one of the best pass rushing duos in the league, and traded for a top-3 WR. 

This is the team you’re going to die on the hill as getting worse? Even if you hate McDaniels, he’s got to be a neutral move on Biasacchia, no?

• Like 1

For probably the 7th year in a row, the Broncos are being overhyped and they will NOT make the playoffs. (Seriously, go check out some pre-season predictions threads.)

The Raiders will look good in the first quarter of the season and retain their quarter-season Champions title, before fading

Buffalo will not make the AFCCG

Hill's average yards per season is 1105. He will fall well below that this season, something like 850. 

So many of your 'draft winners' will prove you wrong 

20 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

yep

but Chubb is the sort of RB that needs touches, he gets in a great rhythm , churning out yards only to be switched out the following drive, if he could just be the bell cow he'd lead the league in rushing without question

Hard to disagree with this...

About 80% of the takes in this thread are actually not hills that the posters are willing to die on.  

The AFC West is overrated.  The Chiefs are going to walk through that division, again.  Despite all the additions and the arms race, only one other team makes the playoffs, and that is because there is now a 7th seed.

• Like 2

Jalen Hurts makes a Josh Allen type leap forward playing the actual position of QB in the NFL in his 3rd year. (This is NOT a comparison of the two players  talent wise) but the overall progression for both as a QB from years 1-2 to year 3.

The Bills if they remain relatively healthy finally win thier Franchises first ever SB. If Allen is lost for the season godforbid, they are picking top 10.

The Raiders despite the addition of Adams and Carr having his best statistical seaaon to date, finish no better then 3rd in the Division and miss the playoffs. .

Dak Prescott despite having the best TE in football Mr. Dalton Schultz at his disposal. Not only struggles without Amari Cooper which (Gallup/Wilson prove they are not) but Jerry starts to question Prescott publicly (shocker I know) after the 2022 season about his future as the Cowboys FQB if things don't change in 2023. Tends to happen when you spend a 140M with Zero playoff wins in 4 years. 

Neither the Rams or Bengals make the Championship Game or SB due to overconfidence (taking games for grant it) and or injury unfortunately to key Starters derailing their seasons.

Tom Brady will be in his 10th SB in 23 years, this time as a Fox Analyst calling the game after a Bucs playoff loss.

Edited by Nabbs4u