What's a hill you are willing to die on for the 2022-2023 NFL Season?

Bolts223

The AFC West is overrated

The Chiefs will continue to run the division. After that?

First time HC who didn't call the plays in GB

Previously failed HC and Patriots coordinators are almost always mediocre to poor head coaches

A HC who underachieved in his first season given the talent on the roster

You have Reid and then unknowns and people think this division features 3 contenders and potentially 4 playoff teams?

Chiefs and Chargers make the playoffs, other two miss. Chargers lose first playoff game and Chiefs make the AFCCG as usual.

• Like 1

Despite having by far the worst QB situation in the division, the Steelers will finish no worst than 3rd in the AFC North.

The Colts will win the AFC South.

Trevor Lawrence will be viewed as a likely bust by next offseason.

If Allen stays healthy, Bills will finally win a Superbowl.

Broncos miss the playoffs with Wilson.   Chargers make playoffs, but disappoint once there.

I may most some more likely inaccurate predictions later...  ;)

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, 43M said:

Despite having by far the worst QB situation in the division, the Steelers will finish no worst than 3rd in the AFC North.

The Colts will win the AFC South.

Trevor Lawrence will be viewed as a likely bust by next offseason.

If Allen stays healthy, Bills will finally win a Superbowl.

Broncos miss the playoffs with Wilson.   Chargers make playoffs, but disappoint once there.

I may most some more likely inaccurate predictions later...  ;)

maybe.. that **** was unthinkable when he was drafted.. Obvious #1 overall and thought he would be a great QB in the NFL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fluhartz said:

maybe.. that **** was unthinkable when he was drafted.. Obvious #1 overall and thought he would be a great QB in the NFL. 

Im not necessarily saying he will be a Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf level bust...but I think he could end up like a Vinny Testeverde or maybe a Sam Bradford (who yes, was a bust for being a first overall pick).    Or maybe he could be the next Alex Smith and be a late bloomer.

Bottom line, I don't see him ever living up to pre draft hype.   I actually hope Im wrong, though.    I hope he can become a solid franchise QB.

1 minute ago, 43M said:

Im not necessarily saying he will be a Jamarcus Russell or Ryan Leaf level bust...but I think he could end up like a Vinny Testeverde or maybe a Sam Bradford (who yes, was a bust for being a first overall pick).    Or maybe he could be the next Alex Smith and be a late bloomer.

Bottom line, I don't see him ever living up to pre draft hype.   I actually hope Im wrong, though.    I hope he can become a solid franchise QB.

I am willing to give him another year or two before really judging... he wasn't good, but last year down there was a **** show and he didn't really have a chance.... 

8 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

I am willing to give him another year or two before really judging... he wasn't good, but last year down there was a **** show and he didn't really have a chance.... 

I dont disagree, but it wouldnt be the first time a poorly run team ruined a franchise QB.....if that happens.

Hopefully Pederson can turn him around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 43M said:

I dont disagree, but it wouldnt be the first time a poorly run team ruined a franchise QB.....if that happens.

Hopefully Pederson can turn him around.

ha ha. I know that **** for sure.

David Klingler

Akili Smith..

Bengals in the 90's... not fun 

1. There will be plenty of games where we think running the ball effectively still is a great way to control and win games (but I would say that with my team's current philosophy...)

2. Packers and Rams to win their div, I'd put a significant amount of money on that

3. NYJ aren't all of a sudden a team to beat, based on one off-season. Improved, sure, but still one of the worst teams in the league

4. Ravens will be monsters

5. AFC West flatters to deceive. Not much change from last season in terms of order and number of wins for each team

6. Tom Brady STILL doesn't look like age has caught him 

9 hours ago, fluhartz said:

I remember some posters on this site who shall remain nameless that said he'd be a top 10 QB in the NFL as a rookie.  I'll give Lawrence a little bit of a pass given the Urban Meyer fiasco.  I think the Jags will be better than last year, and Lawrence will be a mid tier QB this year while still showing promise.

The Chicago Bears ineptitude gets Justin Fields mentally/physically killed. This is a beyond 2022 futures bet too.

The Chargers do what they do every year for the past 15 years, get overhyped and fall short. This is a evergreen hill to die on.

Desmond Ridder becomes the Dak Prescott of this draft class and starts for the Falcons after their bye.

Matt Rhule is canned halfway through the year after Sam Darnold looks terrible for the 5th straight season.

The Raiders look incredibly average after coming down from their emotionally fueled season and Derek Carr has one of his 'down' years.

Indy becomes the surprise team of the league and goes on a deep playoff run.

• Like 1