Around the NFL: (2022 Edition)

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

As an Eagles fan, glad Seattle is the 7 seed.

As a football fan, wish it was the Lions 

Yep. I mean, they were 8-2 last 10 weeks. Can’t have the worst defense in the league tho. That’s a bit of a problem. lol Much, much happier with Seattle in the mix than either Det or GB. 

14 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yep. I mean, they were 8-2 last 10 weeks. Can’t have the worst defense in the league tho. That’s a bit of a problem. lol Much, much happier with Seattle in the mix than either Det or GB. 

Kinda wanted Rodgers vs SF.  Not that he ever beats them in the playoffs but doubtful Seattle does as well.

Edited by Nabbs4u

29 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Was a Gannon report earlier in the week too, if they made that official early so we could lock in Fangio…that’d be nice

Fangio has been rumored to be Sean Payton's guy when he gets hired.

I also think Fangio would probably go to the Niners to take over for Ryans before coming here.

If Houston was smart they would go with Johnson or Steichen. Get an offensive minded HC for your new rookie signal caller.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I also think Fangio would probably go to the Niners to take over for Ryans before coming here.

I think the wildcard here is we were his team growing up and he’s an older guy, coming back home maybe a higher priority.

Wonder if we get any wildcard weekend firings from the teams that lose.

10 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If Houston was smart they would go with Johnson or Steichen. Get an offensive minded HC for your new rookie signal caller.

Fangio currently works here

4 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I'm not saying it's a foregone conclusion but I would be absolutely shocked if conversations in house between Howie, Vic and maybe even Gannon himself haven't taken place already with the understanding , Fangio will be the Eagles DC in 2023 when (not if) JG takes a HC job after this season.

Is there a better situation all things considered which includes being back home in the Pennsylvania  area then becoming the Eagles DC? There's a reason he was brought in as a "Consultant" after the offseason visits Gannon had this past offseason.

Edited by Nabbs4u

9 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I'm aware. I still think the Niners would get him before us.

16 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I think the wildcard here is we were his team growing up and he’s an older guy, coming back home maybe a higher priority.

Wonder if we get any wildcard weekend firings from the teams that lose.

Yeah, its nice to hope, but I'm not as confident in Gannon gets a HC job as I am Steichen, so its probably moot point.

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm aware. I still think the Niners would get him before us.

Yeah, its nice to hope, but I'm not as confident in Gannon gets a HC job as I am Steichen, so its probably moot point.

Eagles make or win the SB, Eagles will lose both.

3 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Probably won't be many jobs left by then & I still don't think making the SB guarantees anything.

Making the SB and most likely being restricted from interviewing them while having a Top 5 offense and Defense will probably have teams waiting 🤞,  IMO.

Unless granted permission