2023 CFB Talk/Draft Prospects

6 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

So weak for Quentin Johnston to not compete in ANYTHING at the combine. At least JSN had a legit reason. I can see if you’re a top 5-10 guaranteed pick you don’t run because you don’t have anywhere to go but down, but Johnston isn’t even a guaranteed 1st round pick. Yet every other WR prospect competed and he’s the only one that didn't. Very weak IMO.

Where did you get that from, he didn't run the 40 but did on field drills and did the broad and vertical jumps where he tested elite.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RandomCampBody said:

Where did you get that from, he didn't run the 40 but did on field drills and did the broad and vertical jumps where he tested elite.

I didn’t watch the actual combine. Was searching the coverage. All of the other top WRs (and not top options) had numbers up and field videos. He didn’t at the time I checked.

That was an assumption that I’m glad turned out to be wrong.

Though he still doesn’t have any on field workouts up except the gauntlet, which is curious. All the other options have full videos up.

Edited by diamondbull424

10 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I have the top four as Witherspoon, Gonzalez, Porter Jr, and Cam Smith.

I would be surprised if a WR isn’t taken before our pick so id doubt we’d get the pick of the litter and prob be picking WR #2-3, and any of those guys above are >> the #2-3 WR to me pretty easily, and probably the #1 WR as well

I see what you’re saying about these CBs, I don’t agree with the Porter Jr statement and I will need to watch more tape of Cam Smith and Witherspoon before I make an educated statement.

I agree with Gonzalez being better/ahead of all the WRs not named JSN though. The other corners I do not think are on that level.

5 hours ago, DreamKid said:

@diamondbull424 Is JSN's floor Julian Edelman? 

That sounds like a quality floor projection. I hope he continues to be viewed as ONLY an elite slot by some and not someone that can play outside, might allow him to fall to our pick.

Edited by diamondbull424

Jonathan Mingo Ole Miss is a name to watch at WR for us, especially if we go CB in the 1st Round.

AJ Brown lite is the comp because of school, build, and play style. 

He looks like maybe the only high upside and floor WR option to be had in range of our 3rd Round Pick(86). He's one of those guys where if we don't pick him, we'll probably be saying "Oh, man he plays like a Raven"- as he produces for another team.

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Jonathan Mingo Ole Miss is a name to watch at WR for us, especially if we go CB in the 1st Round.

Just watched some of his interviews. Dude comes off a little slow, which concerns me.

Look up any top flight receiver's interview and typically, even if they're a legit moron, they're 'switched on' in interviews with no hesitation. Which makes sense as it's a position where you need to be as alert, confident, and wired as possible. Pretty big difference between Breshad Perriman's interviews and our other more talented picks at the position(Torrey, Rashod, Hollywood). It's not the only thing you should analyze obviously(Miles Boykin was great in interviews), but it is a seemingly important piece to the puzzle when scouting a potential early round pick at WR.

Still think he brings a worthy skillset to the table though, and we haven't had a big bodied alpha WR in house since Q left. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I'm out on Jalin Hyatt. I have a strong feeling that if we draft him he'd bust hard. Just feels like one of those guys we've taken in the past who never works out.

IDK I think he has a decent floor as a pure deep threat. They always provide value no matter what, even if he's just a healthier Will Fuller- that's still early round value imo.

5 hours ago, DreamKid said:

IDK I think he has a decent floor as a pure deep threat. They always provide value no matter what, even if he's just a healthier Will Fuller- that's still early round value imo.

This is true and a good point. I meant more in the context of a first rounder. 

• Like 1

While I do want a WR and while I wasn’t initially for him because of the WR need, Bijan’s combine drills impressed me a lot.

If we trade Patrick Queen as I think is probably going to happen on draft day and if we can get a 2nd round pick for him, I could be convinced to go with Bijan at RB, especially if we also decide to trade Gus Edwards.

Something like Jordan Addison, Bijan Robinson, veteran CB could be incredibly intriguing. Then use the 3rd round pick to add some talent at ILB.

7 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

I like Boutte, too. He looks like a Great Value Boldin to me. I know his combine wasn't good, but tape don't lie.

He's probably a Day 3 guy now. With lackluster junior tape, a horrific combine, and rumors of character concerns.... I think he's toast as a prospect. 

Looked like the next superstar up at LSU but he's crashed out so hard.

• Like 1