2022 Titans Minicamp/Training Camp Thread

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

I’ve done a good job in recent years of not falling for the late-round training camp star receivers. But I think I’m ready to be hurt again.

nah, philips isn't some rando undrafted project we're pinning all our hopes on, he was a legit prospect who was well-liked by a lot of evaluators and a scheme and culture fit who fell a couple rounds too far bc the NFL still somehow consistently undervalues guys whose hard ceiling is "good slot receiver." i'm not saying he's gonna tear it up this year (the hype train seems a little out of control in that regard) but i feel relatively confident he's going to develop into an effective contributor.

sidenote, i really really hope todd downing finds an ounce of creativity in him this year because on paper he has a pretty crazy amount of versatility to work with. burks, woods, and NWI can all play outside or in the slot. burks, woods, and philips all have experience lining up in the backfield, with burks and woods having significant experience rushing the ball. woods and philips have experience as effective lead blockers. okonkwo can go in the backfield, in tight, or in the slot. there is legitimately a lot to work with here.

Edited by -Hope-

Adam Humphries was a really underrated aspect of our passing game when healthy I think. Didn't make a ton of splash plays or anything, but if it was 3rd down and Tannehill threw it at him, he caught it and practically always for the first down it seemed. Just had a knack for it. It's a shame the concussion has effected him the way it has.

If Phillips can develop in to something similar to what Humphries was, though, it'd be nice.

1 hour ago, twotonebluenation said:

He passes the eye test for me.

Dude just has that Edelman, Renfrow feel.

Imagine we have better output from our receiving core compared to last year.  👀

It’s going to be real difficult to have worse production than we had last year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I’ve done a good job in recent years of not falling for the late-round training camp star receivers. But I think I’m ready to be hurt again.

My opinion Kyle a safe bet think of it this way he was a late round prospect because he’s a slot only WR, he has everything needed to succeed, routes, hands, short area quickness I believe we have slot machine he gives me Cole Beasley vibes 

I still think this team/offense lacks track speed

But I'm really excited fro Phillips (and all these offensive rookies). Like @TitanLegendsaid..when Hump was healthy and at his best, he did his role very well and that role was very important. You can't have enough guys who can just catch the ball and move the chains (and I'll give NWI credit for being a guy that did that last year, too)

8 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

I still think this team/offense lacks track speed

But I'm really excited fro Phillips (and all these offensive rookies). Like @TitanLegendsaid..when Hump was healthy and at his best, he did his role very well and that role was very important. You can't have enough guys who can just catch the ball and move the chains (and I'll give NWI credit for being a guy that did that last year, too)

I keep wishing we adapt but we’re simply not, our philosophy is going to remain run 1st zone run game west coast passing offense & play action. Even if you go back to RT 1st two seasons we never had a true burner on our team except Khalif Raymond. We prefer WR & TE’s that can separate & run after the catch more so stretch the field. Stubborn coaching staff

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

McMath is the exact type of receiver that has fooled Titania for 15 years lol.

Just like last year when Rogers and Marcus Johnson were tearing it up in camp.

But if we can get Woods, Burks, NWI, Phillips and McMath to be consistently on the field to go with Chig and Hooper our passing game is better as whole than last year. Even with the subtraction of AJ. 

13 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

McMath is the exact type of receiver that has fooled Titania for 15 years lol.

Me, I’m the fool lol.

I’m not even asking for much from McMath. Just Kalif Raymond’s production. Raymond only had 19 total catches in his two years here but he was our big play deep threat. That’s all I’m asking from McMath. Racey go deep can’t be too much to ask for, right?