The 2023 Draft Thread - We're picking #7

RaidersAreOne

Apparently Stroud didn't just do bad on the cognitive/intelligence type tests, he completely bombed them. Kind of concerning for sure.

He also was the only QB to no-show the Manning Academy (eh I wouldn't put too much weight into this). 

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

the thing will corner, he needs to be lock down all pro to be worth a first rounder. I would rather draft a good starting LINEMAN either side of the ball over a good starting DB.  Especially with the state of our defensive line, prolly one of the least talented in the entire league. 

You have to play the draft aswell. The top 4 CB's are going in the 1st. In the 2nd there will be plenty of good pass rusher still there. So do you go top CB and really good pass rusher, or go pass rusher in the 1st mediocre CB later.

It's been proven time and again you can get starting OL in 2nd and 3rd round I'm not touching OL until then with all the holes on defense.

• Like 5

On 4/18/2023 at 1:54 PM, BayRaider said:

@bucksavage1 You’re right, Wilson is surpassing Anderson to be picked first in the Vegas Odds. It wouldn’t be shocking. I like Anderson, and he would be an amazing pick at 7 that would have me super excited, but people have been acting all draft season like he’s some generational prospect like Bosa/Garrett when he’s not. Seeing Wilson, Carter, and Gonzalez go before Anderson would be a bit of a surprise, but not exactly shocking. 

💯 Wilson continues to climb in the odds to be the 1st defender off the board and it makes sense to me. He has more freakish physical attributes that can’t be taught to go along with production.  Ryan (Tex) or Gannon (AZ )defensive HCcoaches are thirsty to work with a talent like that

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Apparently Stroud didn't just do bad on the cognitive/intelligence type tests, he completely bombed them. Kind of concerning for sure.

He also was the only QB to no-show the Manning Academy (eh I wouldn't put too much weight into this). 

I have a feeling that McD is the kind of guy that puts a lot of importance on those tests…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Just saw that Hooker is the Raiders #3 QB, could be #2 now.

I have criticized Hooker and Levis a lot but if we draft them I’ll just have to convince myself they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I have criticized Hooker and Levis a lot but if we draft them I’ll just have to convince myself they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. 

The Raiders could get creative they could trade down into the 20's they could probably end up with two extra 2nd's three total, you take Porter or Banks #1 CB, use two 2nds to move back into the 1st and nab Hooker, and you still have a 2nd and your entire draft left for more defense while nabbing your QB. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, raidr4life said:

The Raiders could get creative they could trade down into the 20's they could probably end up with two extra 2nd's three total, you take Porter or Banks #1 CB, use two 2nds to move back into the 1st and nab Hooker, and you still have a 2nd and your entire draft left for more defense while nabbing your QB. 

I love the idea of moving around and grabbing extra picks but it never seems to happen.  I got a strange feeling Jacobs is gone and we are going to grab Bijan in the first.  If we do I would want to trade down into the late teens or 20's to grab him.

14 hours ago, NickButera said:

We haven't been agreeing on much recently, but I wholeheartedly think this is true. Levi gives me the same vibes as so many other recent QB's who weren't great at any one particular thing, fell in the draft and became very good in the league. Herbert, Mac Jones, maybe Hurts, even Daniel Jones. 

Agree. I think there is a lot to clean up in his footwork and decision making. He does well with zone reads. His arm can fit the ball in tight windows with ease. Great in play action. 

His path reminds me of Herbert's senior year. Change in OC for the worse. Lost Robinson (WR), Fortner (C), Kinnard (OT) to the NFL. Came back with a bad Oline, bad offensive scheme and no skill positions. 

He was not set up to have much success. He's competitive and tried to shoulder the load and looked at times like he was trying to do to much to keep Kentucky in games. They were a bad team. 

Get him settled into a system where he is comfortable. Clean up his lower half and work with him on playing within the offense and you will have a good QB. He's smart and works hard. I think he figures it out at the next level.

• Like 3

Would love Zack Kuntz later in the draft. 6”8 TE who ran a 4.55.. sign me up for that all day. 

Also one week before the draft and all this stuff is starting to come out about Stroud. There is a reason why and it’s not because Stroud is a bad kid or did any of this. It’s because a team is pushing this onto agents so hopefully it makes him fall in the draft. See this mostly every year 

• Like 1