Jaire Extended for 4 Years

Packerraymond

48 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I can see that logic, unless Bakh is playing 3-4 more years, which I think he will. I think Toms can play LT. Walker might be able to play LT. If we find out one of those guys can, it gives us options. 

Again, my priorities to extend are Gary, Savage, Amos and Jenkins in that order. Then throw in Bobby T and Lazard who both could earn a nice payday after this season and we've got tough decisions potentially on the horizon. 

The falloff in talent at EDGE after Gary and safety after Amos and Savage is much greater than the fall off on the o-line. That gap widened after this draft. It might be one of those very difficult choices we have to make. 

I don't think any of us really know about Bakh and when he will hang it up.  Could be during training camp if the knee isn't right.  Could be in 4 years.  

Nijman could play himself out of GB if he's a RT that can sub in at LT.  (Assuming his contract demands will be too high.)

Which leaves a 7'th round pick as the future LT.  Or maybe Tom.  But what we know is that Jenkins is plenty capable out there.

Don't worry about Gary, we aren't in the football business to let guys like him go.

I do worry about both Amos and Savage.  Savage because he has been wildly inconsistent.  Amos because I can't believe we haven't extended him yet.  

I'd retain Jenkins next year.  Savage is one the 5'th year option next year, so no need to rush it.  Gary, too.

But we do seem to "hit" on offensive linemen.  We shall see.

I have a feeling they’re gonna let it play out this year to see what they have on the OL before they make their call. There’s a lot of unknown right now. 

It’s unknown if Bakh will be himself. 
It’s unknown if Jenkins will be himself.

It’s unknown if the undersized Tom can play tackle and unknown if the under lengthed Rhyan can play tackle. 
It’s unknown if Nijman has more in him

Hell, it’s unknown what we have in Newman and Meyers at this point too. 

There is no reason to rush a decision when you have the tag in your back pocket. 

20 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I don't think any of us really know about Bakh and when he will hang it up.  Could be during training camp if the knee isn't right.  Could be in 4 years.  

Nijman could play himself out of GB if he's a RT that can sub in at LT.  (Assuming his contract demands will be too high.)

Which leaves a 7'th round pick as the future LT.  Or maybe Tom.  But what we know is that Jenkins is plenty capable out there.

Don't worry about Gary, we aren't in the football business to let guys like him go.

I do worry about both Amos and Savage.  Savage because he has been wildly inconsistent.  Amos because I can't believe we haven't extended him yet.  

I'd retain Jenkins next year.  Savage is one the 5'th year option next year, so no need to rush it.  Gary, too.

But we do seem to "hit" on offensive linemen.  We shall see.

I have a hard thinking that Amos isn't a candidate for an extension.  I kind of get the idea that he is the glue on that backend, and he's only 29.  I would think a two or three year extension could be in the cards.  It's a two way street .. maybe at this point in time Amos wants another shot at unrestricted free agency?  I'd like to see something get done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheEagle said:

Yes. It's hilarious. He played with a lot of competiveness in college. That's one of the things I liked the most about him.

I don't know the story behind this play, but judging by the other CBs reaction, I think this WR may have done some showboating and those two were giving it back to him. They both got in the same stance--before Jaire did his little dance. :)

😁

3 hours ago, TheEagle said:

Yes. It's hilarious. He played with a lot of competiveness in college. That's one of the things I liked the most about him.

I don't know the story behind this play, but judging by the other CBs reaction, I think this WR may have done some showboating and those two were giving it back to him. They both got in the same stance--before Jaire did his little dance. :)

The WR in the clip is Eq. St. Brown. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, craig said:

Spotrac now lists Jaire contract details.  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/jaire-alexander-25113/contracts/

• It really was a 4-year "extension".  
  • So with the existing 1-year-of-control that they already had, plus the 4-year extension, it's now a true 5-year agreement.
  • 2026 is NOT a void year; it's a regular contract year with a $25.5 cap hit and $6 dead cap.
  • The composite 5-years sums to ~$97/5:  basically the sum of the $14/1 and $84/4 = $98/5.  
  • Cap hits:  7-20-22-23.5-25.5

Hard to hate that contract.  As long as he continues to perform well, he should see very dollar of that contract.  If he struggles with injuries, he's a potential cap casualty as soon as the 2023 season concludes.  Don't save significant money until a year later.

4 hours ago, Old Guy said:

If there is one position group where we've let people go without a major drop off, it's been the offensive line. I'm not convinced we 'have to do it'. We have to extend Gary, I'd like to extend Savage and Amos. 

We stocked the o-line pretty good in this draft. Toms looks like he can play tackle, even LT, but needs to get a bit stronger. Rhyan could play RT, but likely winds up inside. Walker is completely depended upon growing up but has talent. 

You hit on 2 of those 3 and we really don't have to extend Jenkins. He'd be a nice luxury to have but not a necessary one. 

Unless Jenkins is asking for elite LT money ($22M+), he's getting a normal market value deal.

15 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Unless Jenkins is asking for elite LT money ($22M+), he's getting a normal market value deal.

You are his agent, what kind of money are you asking for? He was playing LT at a very high level before the ACL. I think @vegas492 makes a great point about Bakh. Do we know if he's going to be all right this year? Heck, do we know Jenkins is going to come back as the same player. 

There is a lot to play out prior to that. I don't see Jenkins as a lock if he's looking for 18+ a year, which I think he will be asking for north of that. 

7 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You are his agent, what kind of money are you asking for? He was playing LT at a very high level before the ACL. I think @vegas492 makes a great point about Bakh. Do we know if he's going to be all right this year? Heck, do we know Jenkins is going to come back as the same player. 

There is a lot to play out prior to that. I don't see Jenkins as a lock if he's looking for 18+ a year, which I think he will be asking for north of that. 

100 Billion Dollars - You Complete Me | Make a Meme

1 hour ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

I have a feeling they’re gonna let it play out this year to see what they have on the OL before they make their call. There’s a lot of unknown right now. 
It’s unknown if Bakh will be himself. 
It’s unknown if Jenkins will be himself.

It’s unknown if the undersized Tom can play tackle and unknown if the under lengthed Rhyan can play tackle. 
It’s unknown if Nijman has more in him

Hell, it’s unknown what we have in Newman and Meyers at this point too. 
There is no reason to rush a decision when you have the tag in your back pocket. 

Agree, no urgency to sign him now.  And agree, there are LOTS of questions with the o-line, including with Jenkins himself.  

I'd ask him about extension, though.   But some guys like the security of a big guaranteed contract, perhaps especially a guy who's already experienced serious injury.   

Any such deal would need to be reduced accordingly.  Player can't expect both max dollars AND full security.  

Possibly some mutual logic in making a reduced-cost deal now?  Or possibly he and his agent just want to bet on himself.  

29 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

He was good, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.  He wasn't an elite LT.  I don't think the discussions have real traction until he gets back on the field.  But $18M/year isn't a bad number.

1 hour ago, TheEagle said:

That looks like a Florida State jersey with Washington on the back.

I stand corrected. I recall a similar play with him and St. Brown that come out after they were both drafted by GB, but googling that clip it says it is a Wake Forest WR. I'm not up on their uniforms though, so I can't really say if that is correct either.