Jaire Extended for 4 Years

Packerraymond

Not necessarily saying they will let Amos walk, but it should not come as a surprise if they do. How many players have they ever signed to a 3rd contract? It’s incredibly rare. He’ll be 30yrs old after this season, & GB likes to move on a year too early instead of a year too late. 

1 hour ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

I don’t know if Amos rubs people the wrong way in organizations. He’s kind of a cocky ****** bag on Twitter. 

It’s weird that the Bears let him go and weird that we seem ready to, too. 

The Bears let him go because they thought Kareem Jackson was the stud on their back end and didn't want to pay both.

For us, he's going to be 30 next year and is going to want big money. He's only got 1.2 million in adjustable salary atm. He's going to have 7.9 million in dead cap for the void years. An extension may be coming, but getting his cap hit lower this year will be tough.

51 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The Bears let him go because they thought Kareem Jackson was the stud on their back end and didn't want to pay both.

For us, he's going to be 30 next year and is going to want big money. He's only got 1.2 million in adjustable salary atm. He's going to have 7.9 million in dead cap for the void years. An extension may be coming, but getting his cap hit lower this year will be tough.

Eddie Jackson, not Kareem.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Plus they upgraded by letting Amos walk and signing Haha....oh wait.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TransientTexan said:

Not necessarily saying they will let Amos walk, but it should not come as a surprise if they do. How many players have they ever signed to a 3rd contract? It’s incredibly rare. He’ll be 30yrs old after this season, & GB likes to move on a year too early instead of a year too late. 

Yeah, seems like LT and QB only major exceptions  for 3rd signing and that LT contract immediately blew up, but I understand why they got it done. 

Elite skill positions like WR and CB maybe,  but those positions depend a lot on top notch long speed athleticism and that after 30 is a gamble. Looked like we at least tried to make an exception for Tae and his game is more as a technician that a burner but apparently we weren’t willing to go all out whatever it takes or he’d still be here. 

Amos could be an exception because he won’t be a market busting deal, has shown to be durable, and is a leader but still would be outside of our m.o.

Edited by Refugee

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

..An extension may be coming, but getting his cap hit lower this year will be tough.

Don't think there's much purpose at present for trying to lower this year's cap.  If they want to make a good deal with Amos they can do so because the think he's worth it, but trimming cap from this year seems no motive.  None of the grizzled vets still out in the FA market seem likely to exhaust the  cap space already available, I wouldn't expect.   

Edited by craig

6 hours ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

I don’t know if Amos rubs people the wrong way in organizations. He’s kind of a cocky ****** bag on Twitter. 

I’m curious what tweets illustrate him being a bag on Twitter?

12 hours ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

Also, I compiled a list of talented DBs who are both bright enough to type and speak, and not cocky. It's right here:

12 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Age 30 for a S doesn't big me....I feel like a top S can make up for any loss of speed with savvy and usually can maintain their level of play through their early 30s.

I don't have numbers on that though, so feel free to prove me wrong.