Jaire Extended for 4 Years

Packerraymond

3 hours ago, vegas492 said:

It is really hard not to be excited over JA, Stokes and RD for the next 3 years.  Now all we have to do is try to keep our safeties on the roster.

It is just, just an odd feeling having a 3 deep cornerback room.

RD's season feels like it was kind of flukey to me. 

That said, signing him to the contract GB did was well worth the gamble of potentially getting a very good corner at a downright cheap price, RD seems to be a great guy, and I certainly hope that for his own and GB's sake he keeps doing what he did. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, craig said:

Not sure I'm tracking.  We understand his base for this year to now be $1.1; and we understand the signing bonus to be spread over 5 years. 

• So is it really $84/4 covering 22-23-24-25, with 26 just being a void year in order spread the bonus?  
  • Or is it really somehow a true 4-year extension, So that it's effectively $84/4 on top of the $13/1 deal, so it's a composite $97/5 package; but the $13/1 got re-allocated to reduce the first-year cap?  
  • I assume it's just the void-year process, right?  

Assuming I'm reading this correctly, which isn't a given.  And Schefter's tweet about his base year salary being minimum, we're looking at something like:

2022: $1.076M base salary, $6M pro-rated signing bonus = $7.076M cap hit
2023: $2.424M base salary, $6M pro-rated signing bonus, $11.5M roster bonus = $19.924M cap hit
2024: $16M base salary, $6M pro-rated signing bonus = $22M cap hit

We're probably going to see part of his base salary in the form of a workout bonus, which has been normal for the Packers.

2 minutes ago, Jaire_Island said:

Trusted him right from the day 1.

Kid is a monster on the field. 

I trusted his talent… coming out in the draft I was worried he couldn’t stay healthy. He has been healthy up until last year.

Hoping the shoulder is a one off and not habitual.

Whats the track record with shoulder injuries? Are these typically one and done? This isn’t going to be a Clay Matthews hammy issue is it?

4th highest paid CB I'd say that is more than fair for JA.  Pack must think his shoulder will be OK.  Not the record setting 100 mil contract was floated around earlier.  Good deal for both sides and glad he's back.  It's a reasonable contract and it's done.  Didn't expect it so soon figured they would do the dance awhile longer.  Nice to put it to bed.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Jenkins is gonna be a tough one. That is one I'm not convinced we will be able to accommodate with this roster.

Don't let yourself fall into the trap. Lacy and Hayward. That remains the list of quality players we let leave before signing contract #2. Both of those two struggled with injuries.

We don't let quality players leave in their prime.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Assuming I'm reading this correctly, which isn't a given.  And Schefter's tweet about his base year salary being minimum, we're looking at something like:

2022: $1.076M base salary, $6M pro-rated signing bonus = $7.076M cap hit
2023: $2.424M base salary, $6M pro-rated signing bonus, $11.5M roster bonus = $19.924M cap hit
2024: $16M base salary, $6M pro-rated signing bonus = $22M cap hit

We're probably going to see part of his base salary in the form of a workout bonus, which has been normal for the Packers.

That 11.5 roster bonus in 2023 becomes a restructure option if cap space is needed.

2024 base salary of $16M is another restructure option.

Nice flexibility to move money if needed

4 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

McGinn: "Jaire Alexander is locked up for the next 5 yrs and here's why it's bad for Green Bay" 

Vikings fans: were so Thirsty for a CB, better trash our rivals who resigned their all pro who was hurt once. Meanwhile we pay our mediocre Qb QB more than their back to Back MVP QB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Green19 said:

IHoping the shoulder is a one off and not habitual.

Making plays is habitual tho and that’s what he was doing when he got hurt.  Najee is a big dude I think Jaire just hit him kinda funny which is why he didn’t try to wrap up either. 

9 hours ago, vegas492 said:

It is really hard not to be excited over JA, Stokes and RD for the next 3 years.  Now all we have to do is try to keep our safeties on the roster.

It is just, just an odd feeling having a 3 deep cornerback room.

Reminds me a bit of Cwood, Tramon and Shields. I'm extremely excited to see this defense go win us some championships.

Edited by Sandy
  • Like 1