Jaire Extended for 4 Years

Packerraymond

Not sure I'm tracking.  We understand his base for this year to now be $1.1; and we understand the signing bonus to be spread over 5 years. 

• So is it really $84/4 covering 22-23-24-25, with 26 just being a void year in order spread the bonus?  
  • Or is it really somehow a true 4-year extension, So that it's effectively $84/4 on top of the $13/1 deal, so it's a composite $97/5 package; but the $13/1 got re-allocated to reduce the first-year cap?  
  • I assume it's just the void-year process, right?  

3 minutes ago, craig said:

Not sure I'm tracking.  We understand his base for this year to now be $1.1; and we understand the signing bonus to be spread over 5 years. 

• So is it really $84/4 covering 22-23-24-25, with 26 just being a void year in order spread the bonus?  
  • Or is it really somehow a true 4-year extension, So that it's effectively $84/4 on top of the $13/1 deal, so it's a composite $97/5 package; but the $13/1 got re-allocated to reduce the first-year cap?  
  • I assume it's just the void-year process, right?  

This is what we're waiting to find out. So far, I've seen more reports indicating that Alexander is tied to GB through 2026, meaning it's a true 4-year extension. This would spread the SB over 5 years, instead of 4, but again, this is all unconfirmed. 

15 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

I'm not bashing anyone's predictions if they can support their view. None of us can predict what Gute is gonna do, that's what make this fun. There's a difference between you and I though, I don't act like my view point is holier than thou. Now go be miserable somewhere else.

You come in throwing rocks and then go full whiney ***** when someone throws it back at you. Now go back to your safe place where your feeling won't get hurt. 

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Savings should be more like $6m because the signing bonus is divided by 5, not 4, right? $1m base plus $6m SB hit is around $7m cap hit this season. 

Yea, I would assume they would try to spread it over 5, like they often do. 

lots of pieces on the D getting locked in long-term. Once Gary gets inked, that’ll really only leave questions at Safety, as long as the rookies do ok.

Clark ‘22, ‘23, (‘24)

Wyatt ‘22, ‘23, ‘24, ‘25, (‘26)

>>(DL3) presumably Lowry’s last yr

Smith ‘22, ‘23, (‘24), (‘25), (‘26)

>Gary ‘22, ‘23

>>(EDG3)

Campbell ‘22, ‘23, ‘24, (‘25), (‘26)

Walker ‘22, ‘23, ‘24, ‘25, (‘26)

Alexander ‘22, ‘23, ‘24, (‘25), (‘26) guess

Douglas ‘22, ‘23, (‘24)

Stokes ‘22, ‘23, ‘24, (‘25)

>>Amos ‘22

>Savage ‘22, ‘23

4 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Yea, I would assume they would try to spread it over 5, like they often do. 

lots of pieces on the D getting locked in long-term. Once Gary gets inked, that’ll really only leave questions at Safety, as long as the rookies do ok.

Clark ‘22, ‘23, (‘24)

Wyatt ‘22, ‘23, ‘24, ‘25, (‘26)

>>(DL3) presumably Lowry’s last yr

Smith ‘22, ‘23, (‘24), (‘25), (‘26)

>Gary ‘22, ‘23

>>(EDG3)

Campbell ‘22, ‘23, ‘24, (‘25), (‘26)

Walker ‘22, ‘23, ‘24, ‘25, (‘26)

Alexander ‘22, ‘23, ‘24, (‘25), (‘26) guess

Douglas ‘22, ‘23, (‘24)

Stokes ‘22, ‘23, ‘24, (‘25)

>>Amos ‘22

>Savage ‘22, ‘23

On paper, weakest spot on defense right now is potentially Savage. And as a biased Savage homer(Maryland boy), I think this year he takes the next step and turns into a pro bowl safety with shades of Nick Collins. 

47 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Don't see the problem with floating the idea out that if he wanted to re-set the CB market, we should entertain the idea of trading him. He's a significantly better player than Ward and wouldn't of been shocking to see him demand a contract that reflects that.

I don't understand why some of you act like you can predict Gute's moves. But hey, everyone's a genius using hindsight. Just like 

-There's no way we trade Adams! We haven't tagged and traded a player since Corey Williams! Adams requested it and forced it, no one knew this fact until he got traded. If he didn’t do this he’d be a Packer.

-Gute doesn't draft older players, take Wyatt and other older prospects off your board! Everyone discussed this, this year was always going to test Gute because the strength was in the older prospects because of Covid. This is a once in 100 year event… I doubt this is a repeatable model.

-ILB isn't a premium position, no chance we take one in the 1st round! Totally this is a trend he broke this off-season. But Walker literally hit every other threshold that would make him a first rounder for Gute.

It wasn’t a team building exercise as you mentioned that everyone was doing. People were chicken little-ing because they were taken back from Adams trade…. which if we as fans had all the info, we wouldn’t of been.

GB has no issue paying premium for its best players more so for the second contract. It was never an issue with Alexander unless Alexander hated GB and just wanted out.

Its not hard to predict Gute… it really isn’t. Looking at the draft most are able to identify a very short list of all the prospects. Now who he values over the other is the tricky part. But I read a ton about Tom, Rhyan, Watson, Doubs, even Walker and Wyatt and how these players would be on the short listen for GB.

The Alexander stuff was stupid. More so when we had earlier reporting that they were in talks since like season’s end.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StatKing said:

We didnt pay him 50 mil a year to hand the ball off 30+ times a game.

Vegas did say throw the ball to the schemed guy.  I am hoping AR will now spread the ball around a little more too.  But a top D and improved ST will go a long way towards another Lombardi and not put all the onus on our MVP.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Its not hard to predict Gute… it really isn’t. Looking at the draft most are able to identify a very short list of all the prospects. Now who he values over the other is the tricky part. But I read a ton about Tom, Rhyan, Watson, Doubs, even Walker and Wyatt and how these players would be on the short listen for GB.

The Alexander stuff was stupid. More so when we had earlier reporting that they were in talks since like season’s end.

We're gonna have to agree to disagree. Drafting OL seems is the only area where we have some semblance of what Gute is gonna do. Every WR leading up to the draft this board dissected. 

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

Is this not a massive steal? $21m/year is record breaking but decently lower than I expected and only half is guaranteed?

I mean, if you can call a $21M/year player a "steal", then yes.  I don't know if you can or cannot, but if the cap goes up and the structure is right, it very well could be a steal.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

I mean, if you can call a $21M/year player a "steal", then yes.  I don't know if you can or cannot, but if the cap goes up and the structure is right, it very well could be a steal.

That's kind of what I was alluding to. I was expecting 4/100 because of that cap going up. 4/84 seems like a bargain, especially IF it's a true extension.

34 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Vegas did say throw the ball to the schemed guy.  I am hoping AR will now spread the ball around a little more too.  But a top D and improved ST will go a long way towards another Lombardi and not put all the onus on our MVP.

It would be very interesting to know just how many plays were checked to passes from runs over the past 2 seasons.  

It seemed to me like Rodgers loved playing pitch and catch with Adams when the correct looks were identified.  And you simply cannot say it wasn't worth it, the success was amazing.

But this year will be different.  Even if Aaron sees it, his WR's may not.  So let's hand the ball off more and pray that the play action stuff opens up easier catches for these new WR's.  

This is not an offense where Aaron can drop back and rely on a WR reading a defense and being on the same page with him.  Not this year.  It needs to be simpler.

And if MLF really does marry his passing game to his run game, it stands to reason that we need to run more to setup the MLF passing game.

At least that is my hope.

• Like 1