Jaire Extended for 4 Years

Packerraymond

2 hours ago, Pugger said:

That was Jaire??   😄

Yes. It's hilarious. He played with a lot of competiveness in college. That's one of the things I liked the most about him.

I don't know the story behind this play, but judging by the other CBs reaction, I think this WR may have done some showboating and those two were giving it back to him. They both got in the same stance--before Jaire did his little dance. :)

Edited by TheEagle

9 hours ago, VonKarman said:

You 100% gotta do it. OL performance in FA contracts is the best value among any position. Jenkins can play anywhere on the OL and is a Top 10 OL in more than one position.

If there is one position group where we've let people go without a major drop off, it's been the offensive line. I'm not convinced we 'have to do it'. We have to extend Gary, I'd like to extend Savage and Amos. 

We stocked the o-line pretty good in this draft. Toms looks like he can play tackle, even LT, but needs to get a bit stronger. Rhyan could play RT, but likely winds up inside. Walker is completely depended upon growing up but has talent. 

You hit on 2 of those 3 and we really don't have to extend Jenkins. He'd be a nice luxury to have but not a necessary one. 

6 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

If there is one position group where we've let people go without a major drop off, it's been the offensive line. I'm not convinced we 'have to do it'. We have to extend Gary, I'd like to extend Savage and Amos. 

We stocked the o-line pretty good in this draft. Toms looks like he can play tackle, even LT, but needs to get a bit stronger. Rhyan could play RT, but likely winds up inside. Walker is completely depended upon growing up but has talent. 

You hit on 2 of those 3 and we really don't have to extend Jenkins. He'd be a nice luxury to have but not a necessary one. 

I can't imagine a universe where we invest rare draft capital in an OL only to let him walk after he proves to be one of the best and most versatile OL in the league.

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

An OL that can play any of the 5 starting spots at an above average to elite level is beyond rare. Besides Rodgers, Jenkins might be the rarest skillset on the team.

You don't let that go at 26 years old, that would be beyond foolish. Don't care what the D.C. looks like. 

Just now, Lodestar said:

I can't imagine a universe where we invest rare draft capital in an OL only to let him walk after he proves to be one of the best and most versatile OL in the league.

Depends on the money and what you get out of the rookies. IT is not inconceivable that Rhyan and Toms prove to be very good players and just a notch below Jenkins. Again, this has to play out. I'd love to have Jenkins back. IF the rookies are good, he becomes priority #4 for me behind Gary, Savage and Amos. Also, Lazard and Tonyan are on 1 year deals so they may need to get paid after this year too. 

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

An OL that can play any of the 5 starting spots at an above average to elite level is beyond rare. Besides Rodgers, Jenkins might be the rarest skillset on the team.

You don't let that go at 26 years old, that would be beyond foolish. Don't care what the D.C. looks like. 

Pretty sure you said the exact same thing about Adams too. The difference is we might actually have quality depth to replace Jenkins in house. That was not the case with Adams. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Isn't Jenkins logically next in line for the LT position?

I think Bakh plays until he can't anymore.  But really we have Bakh, Nijman and Jenkins as guys who can play LT.

I think you pay Jenkins and sort it all out.  Have a lot of quality offensive lineman is not a bad thing.  

10 hours ago, Green19 said:

But if QBs don’t throw at him how can he change this? Like in the NFC championship he got 2… because Brady was willing to throw up lame ducks to him.

If he isn’t targeted he can’t get INTs unless he is allowed to freelance… 

I know you’re referencing Madden and this is likely a tongue and cheek post… but I will make it a serious question. Is there a way from Barry to manufacture INTs for Alexander?

Move him around.

10 hours ago, Green19 said:

But if QBs don’t throw at him how can he change this? Like in the NFC championship he got 2… because Brady was willing to throw up lame ducks to him.

If he isn’t targeted he can’t get INTs unless he is allowed to freelance… 

I know you’re referencing Madden and this is likely a tongue and cheek post… but I will make it a serious question. Is there a way from Barry to manufacture INTs for Alexander?

R Sherman still got his INTs, same with Reevis who may be a better 'don't throw at' comparison? no idea, but both come to mind. Turnovers change games statistically more so than anything else, so it'd be great if Barry could aid in it any way, GB did well enough over the season in that department though I believe last year.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Yeah, we've done that with Sitton, Lang, Bulaga, etc. after we gave them a second contract, not after 4 years. There's a reason for that. You keep your All-Pro guys who are 26.

52 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Isn't Jenkins logically next in line for the LT position?

I think Bakh plays until he can't anymore.  But really we have Bakh, Nijman and Jenkins as guys who can play LT.

I think you pay Jenkins and sort it all out.  Have a lot of quality offensive lineman is not a bad thing.  

I can see that logic, unless Bakh is playing 3-4 more years, which I think he will. I think Toms can play LT. Walker might be able to play LT. If we find out one of those guys can, it gives us options. 

Again, my priorities to extend are Gary, Savage, Amos and Jenkins in that order. Then throw in Bobby T and Lazard who both could earn a nice payday after this season and we've got tough decisions potentially on the horizon. 

The falloff in talent at EDGE after Gary and safety after Amos and Savage is much greater than the fall off on the o-line. That gap widened after this draft. It might be one of those very difficult choices we have to make. 

1 hour ago, JordanLoveFTW said:

Tag and trade Jenkins for a 2nd rounder??

OH, hell no! The guy can play LT at a high level. If you decide financially and from a depth standpoint to move him, it's a hell of a lot richer price tag than that. 

45 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I can see that logic, unless Bakh is playing 3-4 more years, which I think he will. I think Toms can play LT. Walker might be able to play LT. If we find out one of those guys can, it gives us options. 

Again, my priorities to extend are Gary, Savage, Amos and Jenkins in that order. Then throw in Bobby T and Lazard who both could earn a nice payday after this season and we've got tough decisions potentially on the horizon. 

The falloff in talent at EDGE after Gary and safety after Amos and Savage is much greater than the fall off on the o-line. That gap widened after this draft. It might be one of those very difficult choices we have to make. 

You’re making a lot of sense. It’s a big if, but IF those young OL show some starting mettle, a tag n trade would make a lot of sense while keeping the guys who we don’t have replacements for at the other positions. 

I’ve gotta see the undersized Tom and the guy lacking Length (Rhyan) show that they’re tackles first. Both are big ifs, hence the reason they slipped to the 3rd and 4th rounds. 

Edited by JordanLoveFTW