She-Hulk - Disney+ August 17th - Trailer dropped

Deadpulse

3 minutes ago, Xenos said:

I liked the Wong and Madisynn part but the CGI started to get really distracting this episode and I didn’t care for Jen’s plot at all.

I'm kinda eh on Wong being in everything at this point. 

And yeah, Jen's plot in this one was just...boring. 

On 9/10/2022 at 9:15 PM, D82 said:

I'm kinda eh on Wong being in everything at this point. 

And yeah, Jen's plot in this one was just...boring. 

He's the new Coulson, so I get him being everywhere, he's just being featured a little more than Coulson was.

I kind of agree the dating app thing was eh, but the rest of the episode made up for it for me.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 7:54 AM, Kiltman said:

I laughed at the end of it, my SO is squarely in the demo they are going at this show and loved this episode and show a lot.

Though we went bar hopping last night for our anniversary and she said “let’s get home l, I got Lady-Shrek to watch!” after a couple of them. So I’m not sure if she’s even a true fan lol.

My wife is the same way. She was adamant she didn't want to watch it, but she reluctantly really liked the first episode, and now she is digging the whole series.

I like the layering of the ditzy party girl trope character. Those characters are normally written as annoying, mean, and have no redeeming qualities. Madisynn was ditzy and goofy, but nice and fun and really endearing. It was good to see that trope kind of flipped a bit.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, minutemancl said:

My wife is the same way. She was adamant she didn't want to watch it, but she reluctantly really liked the first episode, and now she is digging the whole series.

I like the layering of the ditzy party girl trope character. Those characters are normally written as annoying, mean, and have no redeeming qualities. Madisynn was ditzy and goofy, but nice and fun and really endearing. It was good to see that trope kind of flipped a bit.

I died at "Wongers." Sounds like a name all my Canadian coworkers would have given him.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Decent episode but maybe the worst one yet. The final shot, to set up what I assume is next week’s cameo, was the highlight. No mid or after credits scene was disappointing.

Definitely a down beat, but I did enjoy it from a “this rarely gets dealt with in superhero stuff” aspect. Liked seeing more of her work pals.

Between this and last week it made me think what a season 2 could be. Lots of enjoyable characters.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Definitely a down beat, but I did enjoy it from a “this rarely gets dealt with in superhero stuff” aspect. Liked seeing more of her work pals.

Between this and last week it made me think what a season 2 could be. Lots of enjoyable characters.

I don’t mind the down beat, side quest kind of stuff. But when the entire episode is less than 30min, it drags it down imo. 

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I don’t mind the down beat, side quest kind of stuff. But when the entire episode is less than 30min, it drags it down imo. 

Was it? Yeah it did seem short. We were also bummed by the no post credit sequence. Though I could see that being a setup for a joke next week when the episode starts. 

like “how many of these did you need? Sorry. Fine you can have two this week…happy?”

This was probably the worst episode. Felt like a filler almost. And we didn't even get to see Jen in her new clothes. No mid credits scene doesn't help. 

The Titania narrative has to pick up steam, because so far it hasn't been very interesting. Looking for the series to finish strong though with 4 episodes left. Via trailer footage there will be more Titania and Abomination. And of course duking it out with Daredevil. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

22 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Decent episode but maybe the worst one yet. The final shot, to set up what I assume is next week’s cameo, was the highlight. No mid or after credits scene was disappointing.

I actually liked it more than the last for some reason.