2022 Around league

dll2000

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

$124 million

#192 million

Thats our cap space the next two seasons, before the roll over from this season

If we were to pay Hardman, we arent likely financially locked in any further than 2025. We absolutely could do it without breaking a sweat 

Oh, we definitely COULD. I just think they’ll spread it out more than that positionally after what I anticipate will be extensions for Mooney and Claypool this offseason. Hardman would be a great fit, but he’s a pretty one dimensional WR3 too who will probably carry a pretty exorbitant price tag this offseason relative to ability given the dearth of other WR talent hitting FA. Personally I’d rather they drop $12-13M/yr on Gesicki or Schultz at TE and draft another mid round WR to compete with competent vets at WR3.

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Oh, we definitely COULD. I just think they’ll spread it out more than that positionally after what I anticipate will be extensions for Mooney and Claypool this offseason. Hardman would be a great fit, but he’s a pretty one dimensional WR3 too who will probably carry a pretty exorbitant price tag this offseason relative to ability given the dearth of other WR talent hitting FA. Personally I’d rather they drop $12-13M/yr on Gesicki or Schultz at TE and draft another mid round WR to compete with competent vets at WR3.

I think some of you are getting alittle ahead of yourselves here. But maybe thats just me cautioning against not committing long term money on guys who havent proven themselves.

I really like Mooney, and I originally had him as an Extension guy this offseason, but the start of the year has me hitting the pause button. If the offense keeps up through the rest of the season, and he is that good again, then sure probably something that is coming.

And yes we used draft capital for Claypool, but just assuming both sides want and extension already seems premature.

All the people who wanted Josh McDaniels to be our HC are looking pretty stupid right now.

LOL.   Since I have to explain my jokes on this forum.   I advocated for McDaniels being our HC as I wanted best available offensive mind to groom Fields and didn't want our OC to become HC somewhere else.   

I did say when he went to Raiders that Raiders would be worst team in that division.

Man losing all those close games and blowing those leads.   That hurts.  Bad momentum.  

They are calling for his head in year one.   Not good.

Oh well.   I can be (possibly) wrong once in a while.   I can't be right all the time.   That story isn't quite finished yet though.   Not until he is fired.

But if it happens I'll take the L.

Edited by dll2000

19 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Fair enough. If we’re gonna pay Mooney and Claypool this offseason though I think signing Hardman too would probably be beyond what we’d be looking to spend. 

To be honest, I have put very little thought into this coming offseason.  I just want to keep seeing the offense progress like it has been the last few weeks. But I do admit I really want to draft Jalen Carter.