2022 Around league

dll2000

5 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Not saying that Joe is wrong in his assessment of the Saturday move (it is only a interim coach to run out the season at this point btw) but maybe, just MAYBE he is pointing out the problem of NFL head coaches at the same time...?

It isn't going to change.   It is highly competitive, high stress short term job.   Win or go home - owners want wins and only 1 in 32 win each year. 

So they work non-stop.  

It isn't a 9-5.

You would have to pass a law to stop it because they choose it.  

Had a bit more of an in-depth look at some of the Colts defenders who are still under contract for 2023 but with all the changes could be let go and the two that jump out are DeForest Buckner & Kenny Moore...both of whom have no guaranteed money left on their deals next year...cutting Buckner would save them $19.75 million...Moore would save them $7.5 million...Buckner is still playing really well but that is a big hit for a team who will be rebuilding...Moore's play has fallen off a little this season since he isn't in Flus' scheme so they may choose to move on from paying a nickel so much money...even Grover Stewart could be cut for only $1.25 million which would clear $10.6 million off their cap...he would be that interior run stuffer we are clearly lacking...getting any of these guys would be a clear upgrade for us.

• Like 1

If Ron Rivera gets canned in Washington after the season I would love to find a way to get Chris Harris on this coaching staff...he is developing some quality players for Washington especially at safety and he would add a different more energetic presence to the staff overall. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

If Ron Rivera gets canned in Washington after the season I would love to find a way to get Chris Harris on this coaching staff...he is developing some quality players for Washington especially at safety and he would add a different more energetic presence to the staff overall. 

I wouldnt be counting on that. They should finish close to .500 and have an outside chance at the playoffs, all with Taylor Heinike as the QB. Those guys love him, and a sale might not be final until the next league year.

I know new owners like to overhaul stuff, but they usually wait till they are entrenched to do so. The Commanders wont be in position to draft a franchise QB, Rivera is under contract till 2025, so why rush it all now?

What I am looking at is who becomes available from Indianapolis, players especially. Leonard and Buckner being at the top of the list

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I wouldnt be counting on that. They should finish close to .500 and have an outside chance at the playoffs, all with Taylor Heinike as the QB. Those guys love him, and a sale might not be final until the next league year.

I know new owners like to overhaul stuff, but they usually wait till they are entrenched to do so. The Commanders wont be in position to draft a franchise QB, Rivera is under contract till 2025, so why rush it all now?

What I am looking at is who becomes available from Indianapolis, players especially. Leonard and Buckner being at the top of the list

I wouldn’t count on it…but I certainly wouldn’t rule it out.

On 11/13/2022 at 3:51 PM, CBears019 said:

Damn that Vikings bills game was entertaining.  Wanted bills to win, but oh well.  Not sure what Allen saw on that last play.

That 1h Jefferson catch was quite possibly the single greatest catch I've ever seen any wr make. 

Unreal hands (hand).... Meanwhile half our guys can't catch a ball that hits them directly in both hands at center-chest level

• Like 2

Really interesting to watch how Tennessee rushed Rodgers last night…they have no speed off the edge on their DL so just put huge guys on the line and everyone just bull rushed to push the OTs back into his lap…he really struggled with it all night…even missed a couple of wide open receivers.