49ers OTAs Thread

49erurtaza

5 hours ago, Hopper15 said:

I don't even think this was a maturity issue. Guys on the team are just fed up with Grant Cohn and someone finally reached their breaking point.

Cohn is so caustic and venomous. He should be banned from the locker room and press events as he just wants to bait everyone he interviews. Professional has never been a word to describe a Cohn. 

• Like 2

Cohn is probably the worst reporter there is out there. he’s hysterical if you don’t care about journalistic professionalism, but he’s objectively awful as a writer, but is better getting clicks. He thinks he’s filling tbis niche of “i tell the truth” but we know what it’s about. Tim K sort of does that too, but K is an objectively great writer who is also really well connected, probably the most connected in bay area sports.

Pretty awful look for Kinlaw, great for Cohn, but Cohn has to actually parlay this into something, because Kinlaw said the thing out loud that everyone else. seeing Grant not know how to deal with the..creative insults was hysterical too.

• Like 3

Kinlaw was actually fairly calm when he first came on to the show and then just got emotional and did what he did. Cohn is a professional troll though so he baited him in by saying stuff "do you think you are representing the 49ers well" lol. 

Does Cohn take it too far by some of the things he says? Of course, but that's his niche and that's how he has become so popular and successful. Does Kinlaw need to be more professional and just ignore Cohn? Probably....But honestly, it is what it is. I need to watch it again but I never thought Kinlaw was threatening Cohn as he made it out to be afterwards but he was just upset at the things that have been said about him. 

• Like 2

Mods, can we get this thread along with the offseason thread stickied and take off the Deebo threat as well as the NFL Draft one? 

Whatever your opinion of Cohn, he somehow found a way to be compensated well doing his job. Most of these reporters make very little but his trolling got him a great following and now he is pumping out 10 videos a day making good money. He said at one point when he was working for the Press Democrat, he was making anywhere between $20,000-30,000 a year. Living in the Bay Area, that is almost impossible to make a living that way. So good for him but at the same time, do not be upset when players like Kinlaw go after you and others like Armstead attack you at every opportunity. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Mods, can we get this thread along with the offseason thread stickied and take off the Deebo threat as well as the NFL Draft one? 

Whatever your opinion of Cohn, he somehow found a way to be compensated well doing his job. Most of these reporters make very little but his trolling got him a great following and now he is pumping out 10 videos a day making good money. He said at one point when he was working for the Press Democrat, he was making anywhere between $20,000-30,000 a year. Living in the Bay Area, that is almost impossible to make a living that way. So good for him but at the same time, do not be upset when players like Kinlaw go after you and others like Armstead attack you at every opportunity. 

Done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kinlaw was actually fairly calm when he first came on to the show and then just got emotional and did what he did. Cohn is a professional troll though so he baited him in by saying stuff "do you think you are representing the 49ers well" lol. 

Does Cohn take it too far by some of the things he says? Of course, but that's his niche and that's how he has become so popular and successful. Does Kinlaw need to be more professional and just ignore Cohn? Probably....But honestly, it is what it is. I need to watch it again but I never thought Kinlaw was threatening Cohn as he made it out to be afterwards but he was just upset at the things that have been said about him. 

So it's okay that sports reporting has devolved into what Cohn does? That's not reporting. It's trolling as a career, which is absolutely sickening. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

So it's okay that sports reporting has devolved into what Cohn does? That's not reporting. It's trolling as a career, which is absolutely sickening. 

I mean he has a following from his entertaining way of doing things. Isn't this what Skip Bayless has been doing for decades now? He's making damn near 10M a year to just attack certain athletes. One has the option of listening and reading to what you want. No one is forcing anyone to watch Cohn's videos. 

But LIS, if players attack him, then he has to just be willing to take it....Up to the point he feels he is physically threatened as that is a big no no. 

Edited by J-ALL-DAY
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean he has a following from his entertaining way of doing things. I mean isn't this what Skip Bayless has been doing for decades now? He's making damn near 10M a year to just attack certain athletes. One has the option of listening and reading to what you want. No one is forcing anyone to watch Cohn's videos. 

But LIS, if players attack him, then he has to just be willing to take it....Up to the point he feels he is physically threatened as that is a big no no. 

When I first heard about this, I assumed it was during the OTAs yesterday but it was a live video? Kinda ballsy to invite someone who you know really doesn't like you.....

5 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean he has a following from his entertaining way of doing things. I mean isn't this what Skip Bayless has been doing for decades now? He's making damn near 10M a year to just attack certain athletes. One has the option of listening and reading to what you want. No one is forcing anyone to watch Cohn's videos. 

Oh the irony when we consider how much political correctness has dominated society...

10 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

Seems to me, that Cohn stretched the truth on the original story from earlier. Kinlaw was trying to call him out on it, Cohn answered nothing that Kinlaw asked and got Kinlaw mad and it escalated. I think the locker room as a whole is tired of Cohn. 

He didn't stretch the truth. Jack Hammer of the Press Democrat was feet away from the incident and picked up the hat. He also confirmed the story. Kinlaw approached him at OTAs, doubled down by rapping a song about him and then tripled down by watching his video and entering the chat where he proceeded to lose his cool and the food in his mouth. I would say it was hard for Grant to respond because every chance he had JK continued to talk over him and spout the same ridiculous thing. Its a terrible look for JK.

• Like 1