Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

13 hours ago, ekill08x said:

How is Becton on the PUP list?! Like this man had all season...and offseason to get ready for camp. Something isn't right. 

I'll wait to hear from the staff as to why before I'll judge. Maybe it's something minor not linked to his injury last year for all we know.

But yes if it's STILL recovering from his injury last year... he needs to change his ways and workout style if he cant heal from that injury in pretty much a whole year. 

17 hours ago, ekill08x said:

How is Becton on the PUP list?! Like this man had all season...and offseason to get ready for camp. Something isn't right. 

Teams usually place players coming back from injury on the PUP to start camp.  Fant, Lawson, Uzomah, and Samia are all also on the PUP to start camp.  No worries.  Yet.

According to Saleh, Becton has been at the facility for the past 40 days, working hard, looking good, losing weight. Saleh had nothing but good things to say about him going into camp with the vets. It can be seen on Youtube, I believe it was CBS sports and it was a question and answer type interview.

Good news for those of us who have our biases and rightfully so.

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

DefenseWinsChampionships is harassing Connor Hughes and his Twitter feed because Hughes reported JFM will be an EDGE in our base defense lol. 

That dude definitely needs a calming hobby. I hear Bonsai tree growing and goat yoga are pretty relaxing. 

• Like 1

As training camp is about to begin and rookie camp has been in full swing for a week already. I would like to rant about what we expect as Jets fans.

First of all, there are no easy games in the NFL, we have heard it year in and year out. On any given day any team can be beat, that would include the S.B. Champs being beaten by the worse team in football. 

So get over the schedule facing the Jets, good teams win. Period! As a team you need the horses to be in the game (granted) but a simple bounce of the ball can determine the outcome of a game. 

So praying that we can get through the first 5 games with a win or two, quiet frankly makes me think you should be rooting for another team. Every team in the NFL begins the season with the same record 0-0.

Because a team made the playoffs in 2022 doesn't mean that they will grace the promised land of the playoffs again the following year, in fact many of those teams fall out of the playoffs. I believe the parity in the NFL is such that 50% fall out.

If the Jets have vastly improved at the QB position as they believe they have, added a blue chip RB, WR, and TE, and signed 2 more TE's, I expect the Jets to be formidable as an offense. The OL has improved as well after adding Tomlinson. The Jets have a bonafide OL to contend with.

But let's not stop there, they added arguably the best CB in the draft in Sauce, and a top 8 player in J.J. on their war room board. Not to mention the FA's they added on defense.

If the schedule was easy the first 5 games it would be the same mantra, "we have to win at least 2 of these games" duh, duh.

Berrios is right, anything less than the playoffs should be considered a failure. The Jets have vastly improved, will it translate to the field?

Thats the real question.

So here's my answer, you will not see the Zac Wilson of BYU, instead you will see an offense with a total balance, the running game will become big time, the T.E.'s will be utilized and you will see Zac throw downfield (as in home run ball) perhaps 5 times a game.

Zac is going to be called upon to be a game manager with the upside of improvising and calling his own shots from time to time. So if your expecting a Mahomes transformation in year 2 your kidding yourself.

In years 3-5 you could see a type of Aaron Rodgers development. 

I'm on the bus with Berrios anything less then the playoffs should be considered a failure.

The Jets have to beat the teams considered contenders or the good teams for 2 reasons 1. Respect 2.Be considered playoff threats.

I think us being a playoff team is incredibly optimistic. And that’s mainly bc of the age of our team. We did bring in several vets with postseason experience, which will help us. But I think we’re still at least a year away from being a playoff team. This season is about growth and no excuses. I expect us to be right around that 7 win mark. But if we can just not get blown out in those other 10 games and show progression. The season for me was a success. This team isn’t a win now team. We’re trying to build a 10-15 year competitive team. 

That all being said... would I be surprised if we're the Bengals of this year? No. Because IMO we have the talent to do that. IMO that would have to take Wilson going to a level we haven't seen a QB of ours get to yet. Hall and Carter being a dynamic RB duo. Moore and Wilson making a huge impact. The secondary being one of the best in the league. And the pass rush being a big threat. I just cant see all of those things happening. I think those units and players will all be good. But not to a "best in the league" level. 

• Like 1