Ms Marvel - Disney+

Deadpulse

Episode 2 could barely keep my attention. Outside of the dinner/passing out and the end, I’m not sure why everyone else loved it more than the first. It almost lost me halfway through.

The DODC were bewildered that Kamala fell over the truck, a fast car pulled up next to it, stopped, then took off, and they couldn’t find her. WhErE dId ShE gO?!?

Edited by kingseanjohn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Episode 2 could barely keep my attention. Outside of the dinner/passing out and the end, I’m not sure why everyone else loved it more than the first. It almost lost me halfway through.

The DODC were bewildered that Kamala fell over the truck, a fast car pulled up next to it, stopped, then took off, and they couldn’t find her. WhErE dId ShE gO?!?

Yeah that part was definitely a little ridiculous... All those cops and not one person saw the car? C'mon...

Well, Damage Control is competent enough to easily subdue the team of Gin's but incompetent enough to let two witnesses just walk out of the room?  Probably the weakest of the 3 episodes so far, but it did move the plot forward a good bit.  The other stupid part was if they were so gung ho to be doing something now, why did they let her leave in the first place after they had her?  That's just some lazy writing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Well, Damage Control is competent enough to easily subdue the team of Gin's but incompetent enough to let two witnesses just walk out of the room?  Probably the weakest of the 3 episodes so far, but it did move the plot forward a good bit.  The other stupid part was if they were so gung ho to be doing something now, why did they let her leave in the first place after they had her?  That's just some lazy writing.

Yeah, it definitely had some weaker moments than the other two. Still enjoyed it for the most part though. 

That was a nice Ten Rings easter egg. Would be nice to get a Shang Chi cameo but I doubt it happens since this takes place in Jersey and is apparently headed to Karachi.

Still some lazy writing with how Kamala keeps evading the DODC. Hopefully it’s later revealed that they’ve been letting her go for some legit reason. 

1 hour ago, Acgott said:

I thought it was too everywhere. The show is best when it’s grounded. 

I agree, I thought the Pakistan shift was a bit jarring to the quirkiness that the show has had. Dagger is a fun comic nerd call in and his one on one moments with Kamala stuck with the tone of the series so far but everything else felt out of place somehow. 

• Like 1