The Jalen Hurts Thread

TheRealMcCoy

Call your shot....  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Jalen Hurts will be a top ___ QB in 2022?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/26/2022 at 06:59 AM

1 hour ago, downundermike1 said:

Full transparency, I have probably been one of the biggest anti Hurts folks when discussing the Eagles, in person or on a message board.

He did answer some questions for me last night, but I still have some reservations about his style of play long term.

He has missed games both years he has been a starter, and he will have to run less and pass more to stop that trend.

IMO, with the changes coming, I think the Eagles should let him play out his deal and see if he can carry what will surely be a lesser team with his arm more and legs less.

I was in that camp too. But he’s made leaps and bounds since 2021. You’d think with more fine tuning, he’ll be a better thrower next year and going forward. After watching that evolution, there’s no reason to not give him an extension. We’d be fools to do otherwise. Even if it doesn’t work out long term, Hurts forced the FO’s hand. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I was in that camp too. But he’s made leaps and bounds since 2021. You’d think with more fine tuning, he’ll be a better thrower next year and going forward. After watching that evolution, there’s no reason to not give him an extension. We’d be fools to do otherwise. Even if it doesn’t work out long term, Hurts forced the FO’s hand. 

I was very middle of the road. Loved the dude but hadn’t quite seen it with the player. But was really happy they were sticking with him over trading for Wilson or Watson (which looks even better now).

He far surpassed even my highest hopes. It definitely gets a boost from coming off of one of the worst leaders in Carson. But man do I just trust Jalen at the wheel of the ship.  Dude is always locked in and shows up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

I was very middle of the road. Loved the dude but hadn’t quite seen it with the player. But was really happy they were sticking with him over trading for Wilson or Watson (which looks even better now).

He far surpassed even my highest hopes. It definitely gets a boost from coming off of one of the worst leaders in Carson. But man do I just trust Jalen at the wheel of the ship.  Dude is always locked in and shows up. 

Agreed. And I was Debbie doubtful about him. But man, that fumble. I know it’s not fair but Jesus was that a big spot. Otherwise, great game on the biggest stage. He’s just a perfect leader. His playing could get crisper but can anyone sit her and think he can’t get better after watching this passed season? He’s done nothing but get better everyday. I’m buying in more to see where it goes. Jeff and Howie know better than to screw this up. I expect Howie to work his magic and cap manipulate Hurts so we’re not handcuffed year in and out but dudes getting a contract. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Agreed. And I was Debbie doubtful about him. But man, that fumble. I know it’s not fair but Jesus was that a big spot. Otherwise, great game on the biggest stage. He’s just a perfect leader. His playing could get crisper but can anyone sit her and think he can’t get better after watching this passed season? He’s done nothing but get better everyday. I’m buying in more to see where it goes. Jeff and Howie know better than to screw this up. I expect Howie to work his magic and cap manipulate Hurts so we’re not handcuffed year in and out but dudes getting a contract. 

Yeah him and then Howie make me go all in.

Because we signed a different “franchise QB” two years ago to a big deal. And when it clearly was the wrong move they knew when to pull the plug. 

They do a great job at not locking us into stuff.

I am so proud to call Jalen my QB man. He was unbelievable this year and all signs point towards even more growth from him. I feel great about the direction of the team under he and Sirianni. We should have a chance every year with those guys. Initially I was down on our chances of going far again next year. But with Jalen, it's just hard to doubt this team.

I thought there was no chance he was getting in for the 2 point conversion, then he carried two dudes an extra 2 yards into the end zone. It was like Deuce McAllister vs us. Super impressive he managed to keep his balance and stay upright until he crossed the goal line. 

Edited by Jeezla

He played incredible. If not for fumble, I’d say it was Foles esque.

Let’s see him do it again with a worse OL and more tape on what the Eagles want to do. Foles looked like the next big thing in 2013. Wentz looked like the next big thing in 2017. Cam Newton looked like things really clicked and he was going to truly terrorize this league for years to come in 2015. 

I’ve got faith that Hurts is the real deal and just keeps getting better, as he did from 2021 to 2022, but no denying we are mainly judging him off a 17 game sample size at the moment. You absolutely pay him what he wants (just like it was the right move in moment w/ Wentz), but personally I need to see 2023 before I start believing we’ve got the type of top tier QB that makes us a contender every year (like Chiefs, Bengals and Bills have)

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

He played incredible. If not for fumble, I’d say it was Foles esque.

Let’s see him do it again with a worse OL and more tape on what the Eagles want to do. Foles looked like the next big thing in 2013. Wentz looked like the next big thing in 2017. Cam Newton looked like things really clicked and he was going to truly terrorize this league for years to come in 2015. 

I’ve got faith that Hurts is the real deal and just keeps getting better, as he did from 2021 to 2022, but no denying we are mainly judging him off a 17 game sample size at the moment. You absolutely pay him what he wants (just like it was the right move in moment w/ Wentz), but personally I need to see 2023 before I start believing we’ve got the type of top tier QB that makes us a contender every year (like Chiefs, Bengals and Bills have)

Great thing is his mentality seems like he should be able to. Even Foles was super inconsistent. And Carson had one of the worst mental makeups of any QB post injury. 

Glad he doesn’t have that issue and can keep it when it matters, which was McNabb’s issue.

49 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Great thing is his mentality seems like he should be able to. Even Foles was super inconsistent. And Carson had one of the worst mental makeups of any QB post injury. 

Glad he doesn’t have that issue and can keep it when it matters, which was McNabb’s issue.

Right, in hindsight it is very easy to identify why all the young “1 and done” (as MVP candidates) QBs fizzled out, and Jalen doesn’t seem likely to fall into any of these same traps. He could, however, have his own fatal flaw we just haven’t seen materialize yet. 2023 will tell us a lot and put those concerns to rest.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Jalen's Stats for 2022, while missing 2 games. 5100yds 43TD!!!🍺

22' Bird Watch: QB Jalen Hurts: 18 Gms:  Att 364-547/  Comp 67%/ 4284 Passing Yds / 25 TD /  6 INT / Rush yds 906 / 18 Rushing TD

I don't care how many were QB sneaks or not. It's like Cam Newton inside the 5 yd line. 

18 rushing TD is absolutely absurd!!!🥃

48 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Tommy Lawlor made a good point in his most recent iggles blitz post.

Jalen is the kind of guy that will attract people to come play with him in FA. Might be able to get some nice discount deals.

Hopefully, we are gonna need some guys on a discount next year.  Cap is kind of a mess.