NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Reportedly the Wizards/Kings have had discussions about a #10/Kuzma for #4 swap. Which makes sense because you guys were interested in Kuzma last offseason and actually had agreed to a Hield/Kuzma swap before the Lakers traded for Westbrook. 

I saw that but from the way I read it, it was more of someone stating the Wizards had interest in moving up for Ivey and then throwing some trade packages together no?

2 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

I saw that but from the way I read it, it was more of someone stating the Wizards had interest in moving up for Ivey and then throwing some trade packages together no?

Washington’s front office is really high on 6-foot-4 guard, Jaden Ivey out of Purdue. They’ve spent a significant amount of time discussing possible trade packages to acquire the number four overall pick from Sacramento, Ivey’s assumed draft position, sources tell me. Ivey, 20, regularly pulls comparisons to explosive combo guards Ja Morant and Russell Westbrook.

I think that's one of the better packages you could get because you kind of get the best of both worlds. You get a young forward in Kuzma that fits with your group/timeline and still get to add another lottery pick to your core. You could add someone like Dyson Daniels, Johnny Davis, or Jalen Duern at #10.

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think that's one of the better packages you could get because you kind of get the best of both worlds. You get a young forward in Kuzma that fits with your group/timeline and still get to add another lottery pick to your core. You could add someone like Dyson Daniels, Johnny Davis, or Jalen Duern at #10.

Wouldn’t exactly move the needle, personally I’d want more from them. Throw in Deni or Rui.

4 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

Wouldn’t exactly move the needle, personally I’d want more from them. Throw in Deni or Rui.

Kuzma averaged 17.1/8.5/3.5 on 45/34/72 splits last season. In order for you guys to take back Kuzma and Avdija you'd have to send back Holmes. I think Holmes/#4 for Kuzma, Deni/Rui, and #10 would be a solid deal for both sides.

Mitchell - Fox - Barnes - Kuzma - Sabonis 

Edited by NYRaider

Terrence Ross is available on the trade market, league sources told HoopsHype. Previously at the trade deadline, the asking price for Ross was a first-round pick. With Ross now owed $11.5 million in the final year of his contract, rival teams with interest are hoping Orlando lowers its asking price to multiple second-round picks, similar to when the team previously traded Evan Fournier to the Celtics.

The Wizards are interested in SGA. I wonder if something like this would work...

Wizards receive: SGA

Kings receive: KCP, Kuzma, #12

Thunder receive: Rui Hachimura, Deni Avdija, #4, #10, Wizards 2024 1st, Wizards 2026 1st

Edited by NYRaider

One coaching candidate sure to interest Danny Ainge as he launches a search for Quin Snyder’s replacement is Brad Stevens … but it’s difficult in the extreme to see anyone luring Stevens back to coaching in the short term given how well Stevens’ team-building efforts are going in Boston as the Celtics’ rookie president of basketball operations. - Mark Stein 

Rival executives expect Hornets restricted free agent Miles Bridges to command a maximum — or near-max — deal in July, and sources said there’s hesitancy from Charlotte to match a max sheet. Bridges had a breakout season in 2021-22, averaging 20.2 points, seven rebounds and 3.8 assists per game. In a league that saw wings such as Golden State’s Andrew Wiggins and Boston’s Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown have game-changing impacts on a run to the NBA Finals, Bridges’ two-way ability on the wing has become incredibly valued toward winning.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I would love to bring him to Detroit.  He can replace Grant in our lineup and we can ship Grant for the #4 pick or 7 pick or in a move for Ayton (although would have to move Olynyk and likely Diallo or Hayes to make space).  

2 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I would love to bring him to Detroit.  He can replace Grant in our lineup and we can ship Grant for the #4 pick or 7 pick or in a move for Ayton (although would have to move Olynyk and likely Diallo or Hayes to make space).  

It looks like the Kings are going to stand pat and just use the #4 pick. I'm surprised that you'd be okay with maxing out Bridges and Ayton but don't value SGA who's better than both of them. 

Best case scenario for you guys would be Ivey falls to #5, you max Bridges and the Hornets don't match, and then you flip Grant for Ayton. 

Cade - Ivey - Bey - Bridges - Ayton

That team might make the playoffs next season.

Just now, NYRaider said:

It looks like the Kings are going to stand pat and just use the #4 pick. I'm surprised that you'd be okay with maxing out Bridges and Ayton but don't value SGA who's better than both of them. 

Best case scenario for you guys would be Ivey falls to #5, you max Bridges and the Hornets don't match, and then you flip Grant for Ayton. 

Maxing out Ayton or Bridges doesnt involve losing the #5 pick and half our roster.  Losing Grant, Bey, Stewart, and #5 for one player is crazy.  We would literally be a two man team at that point and would likely be worse than we were this year. Especially if SGA is hurt half the time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

That would be ideal.  A young core that can grow together.  I doubt it happens, almost doubt any of those things happen let alone all three, but I would welcome them if they did.  Depending on growth and development of Cade and Ivey, that team can compete like Dallas did this year in two years.