NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, indifference said:

Same. I dont buy it either Knicks either, I can see Clippers offering some nice pieces though.

Yeah I can't imagine that the Nets would be thrilled with the idea of sending him to the Knicks. Shams said the Clippers could offer two of Kennard/Powell/Morris/Jackson and young pieces like Mann/Boston. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't see any way that the Lakers could realistically put together a package good enough to acquire Kyrie. 

Lakers receive: Kyrie Irving

Hornets receive: Russell Westbrook

Nets receive: Terry Rozier, Kelly Oubre, Lakers 2027 1st

Yeah...not good haha. Brooklyn wouldn't want to replace Irving with 2 average-ish players, especially with Rozier's contract going for 4 more years. I'm guessing Brooklyn would want cap flexibility if they do agree to a S&T with Irving.

41 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Lakers receive: Kyrie Irving

Hornets receive: Russell Westbrook

Nets receive: Terry Rozier, Kelly Oubre, Lakers 2027 1st

Yeah...not good haha. Brooklyn wouldn't want to replace Irving with 2 average-ish players, especially with Rozier's contract going for 4 more years. I'm guessing Brooklyn would want cap flexibility if they do agree to a S&T with Irving.

In order for the Lakers or Clippers to trade for him he'd have to opt in but the Knicks can acquire him via S&T. 

Morris, Powell, and Mann works financially and is probably the best offer that the Nets are going to get if they want to contend over the next couple of seasons.

That'd give them: 

Simmons - Harris - Durant - Morris - ???

w/ Curry, Mann, and Powell off the bench 

Edited by NYRaider

30 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Russ and LaMelo together would be hilarious 

They'd be trading for him because he's on an expiring and would probably just not play him in hopes he'd agree to a buyout like Houston did with John Wall.

32 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In order for the Lakers or Clippers to trade for him he'd have to opt in but the Knicks can acquire him via S&T. 

Morris, Powell, and Mann works financially and is probably the best offer that the Nets are going to get if they want to contend over the next couple of seasons.

That'd give them: 

Simmons - Harris - Durant - Morris - ???

w/ Curry, Mann, and Powell off the bench 

That’s not a bad 8 by any means. Resign Claxton and add a vet at 5 with em and it’s the KD show with a little help

2 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Really? What is he expected to go for? Or is it their cap situation currently limiting them? 

Probably just the MLE but they'll be in the luxury tax so they'd have to pay significantly more if they bring him back.