NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

This is what i was talking about with Ainge. He took advantage of a weak team (MIN) and it ruins the value for the rest of the league.

I would be reluctant to do any deals with Ainge, but he's known for just walking away. If he doesnt get the ransom he wants for Mitchell, he won't settle. Tip my cap, but I wouldnt mortgage 7+ 1sts on Donovan Mitchell even if he is the best player they would have since Melo. 

Then let him keep a pissed off Mitchell on the team next season until he demands a trade and gets pennies on the dollar.

Im not sure why GMs keep doing this same some and dance with Ainge when they all know his playbook in trade negotiations. This is the same dude who traded Isiah Thomas and didnt disclose his back injuries, essentially having the Celtics team doctors lie about the severity of the injury so that he could trade him. 

Screw Danny Ainge.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 3

Ppl have no idea how to cover the Suns. They're so confused how the Suns handled Ayton. I've been saying what was gonna happen and why since the season ended. Suns didn't want to give Ayton the 5 year max and Ayton only wanted a 5 year max from the Suns. James Jones literally said they were fine with the 4 year max and that's all other teams could offer so obviously they were gonna match. 

• Like 1

Dont know if anyone has mentioned this but Nets GM Sean Marks got an extension today. I think its well deserved. I know he has taken a beating this offseason for the drama surrounding KD and Kyrie not to mention Harden forcing his way out during the season. However, people forget how great of a job is has done for the Nets. He took a Nets team that was in worse shape than they are now bc they had no talent, no picks, no hope and built it up rather quickly. I brought in a young coach in Atkinson that helped developed and resurrected players careers like Dinwiddie, Harris, D-Lo. He maneuvered best he could in the draft and found gems like Allen and LeVert. Not to mention he did the same with finding Cam last year. 

Making him look bad bc of the mess KD and Kyrie both caused in Brooklyn is like making Rams GM Les Snead look bad bc of the mess Jeff Fisher caused with the Rams. We forget Les came in and turned what was basically an expansion team type roster with really no talent to one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. The only issue was the coach was so bad the record never showed. Then when Fisher got let go Snead found what is now one of the best coaches in football in McVay and the Rams are a well ran successful organization from top to bottom.

So Im glad the Nets gave Marks an extension. Not saying he is completely clean in whats going on in Brooklyn. In the same way I wasnt saying Snead was completely clean with the Rams. He was the one who wanted Greg Robinson 2nd overall instead of Khalil Mack. He was the one who signed off on trading up for Tavon Austin and even passed on Wagner in the 2nd round. He also kept Fisher around for 5yrs of average at best play. But Im glad the Rams didnt fire Snead along with Fisher. Im glad the Nets didnt fire Marks. Regardless if they move on from KD, Kyrie, or both I think the Nets sent a clear message they want to get back control of the organization and they know they are in great hands with Marks to get this team back on track to where it was heading before KD and Kyrie ever stepped foot in Brooklyn.

Edited by stl4life07

3 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Dont know if anyone has mentioned this but Nets GM Sean Marks got an extension today. I think its well deserved. I know he has taken a beating this offseason for the drama surrounding KD and Kyrie not to mention Harden forcing his way out during the season. However, people forget how great of a job is has done for the Nets. He took a Nets team that was in worse shape than they are now bc they had no talent, no picks, no hope and built it up rather quickly. I brought in a young coach in Atkinson that helped developed and resurrected players careers like Dinwiddie, Harris, D-Lo. He maneuvered best he could in the draft and found gems like Allen and LeVert. Not to mention he did the same with finding Cam last year. 

Making him look bad bc of the mess KD and Kyrie both caused in Brooklyn is like making Rams GM Les Snead look bad bc of the mess Jeff Fisher caused with the Rams. We forget Les came in and turned what was basically an expansion team type roster with really no talent to one of the most talented rosters in the NFL. The only issue was the coach was so bad the record never showed. Then when Fisher got let go Snead found what is now one of the best coaches in football in McVay and the Rams are a well ran successful organization from top to bottom.

So Im glad the Nets gave Marks an extension. Not saying he is completely clean in whats going on in Brooklyn. In the same way I wasnt saying Snead was completely clean with the Rams. He was the one who wanted Greg Robinson 2nd overall instead of Khalil Mack. He was the one who signed off on trading up for Tavon Austin and even passed on Wagner in the 2nd round. He also kept Fisher around for 5yrs of average at best play. But Im glad the Rams didnt fire Snead along with Fisher. Im glad the Nets didnt fire Marks. Regardless if they move on from KD, Kyrie, or both I think the Nets sent a clear message they want to get back control of the organization and they know they are in great hands with Marks to get this team back on track to where it was heading before KD and Kyrie ever stepped foot in Brooklyn.

Yeah that report has been shot down. He hasn’t been extended. Would’ve been absurd to do it at this time.

jalen suggs, jonathan isaac, chuma okeke, rj hampton, least favorable of CHI/ORL '23 1st rounder, ORL '24 top 3 protected, DEN '25 1st rounder (top 5 protected), ORL '23 2nd rounder, MEM '25 2nd rounder, DET '26 2nd rounder 

for 

donovan mitchell

i'd do something like that for mitchell if utah was down @NYRaider

markelle fultz | cole anthony | devin cannady 
donovan mitchell | gary harris | terrence ross 
franz wagner | caleb houstan 
paolo banchero | moritz wagner
wendell carter jr. | mo bamba | bol bol 

go grab a guy that can not be a negative on the floor and play the 3/4 spots

honestly think it's a year too early for ORL to make this kind of move... need to suck one more year and add one more foundational piece imo. but if they wanna do it now, **** it i guess. would definitely rather not at the moment tho. one more year of sucking

On 7/15/2022 at 2:47 PM, 11sanchez11 said:

Suns still gonna get KD but if they don't that's fine. I want to see the Nets with Ben. 

I could go either way on it. I’d love to see KD w/ Paul & Booker trying to get a ring over the next few years but I also want to see KD, Kyrie, Ben & Joe Harris give it a run for the Nets. I think if they stay together that they have a good shot at winning it all too.

On 7/15/2022 at 1:00 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Then let him keep a pissed off Mitchell on the team next season until he demands a trade and gets pennies on the dollar.

Im not sure why GMs keep doing this same some and dance with Ainge when they all know his playbook in trade negotiations. This is the same dude who traded Isiah Thomas and didnt disclose his back injuries, essentially having the Celtics team doctors lie about the severity of the injury so that he could trade him. 

Screw Danny Ainge.

Miami, Brooklyn, and New York are all looking to add him. We're going to fleece whoever we trade with, Danny the GOAT.

Donovan has 3 years left on his deal, we're not getting pennies on the dollar. 

On 7/15/2022 at 2:06 PM, Sllim Pickens said:

RJ Barrett and Derrick Rose?

Donovan is a superstar, he'll revive Knicks basketball. 

I hope that we trade him to NY for a package of Toppin, Grimes, Reddish, and 5/6 1st round picks. 

Move Clarkson, Beverly, Bojan, etc. to contending teams for picks and young players too.