NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

22 minutes ago, DirtyDez said:

Time to move on then. That seems like a dumb move by Brooklyn unless the Lakers are trying to super protect them or something.

Re-engage Indiana.

LA Lakers receive: Buddy Hield, Myles Turner, Oshae Brissett

Indiana receives: Russell Westbrook, 2027 LA Lakers 1st Round Pick, 2029 LA Lakers 1st Round Pick (top 6 protected)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Time to move on then. That seems like a dumb move by Brooklyn unless the Lakers are trying to super protect them or something.

Re-engage Indiana.

Indiana receives: Russell Westbrook, 2027 LA Lakers 1st Round Pick, 2029 LA Lakers 1st Round Pick (top 6 protected)

So much information was flying around the Kyrie deal. Now they offer the 1sts and Nets balk at it?

Totally agree with you. Time to pivot to Indiana for that package. 

13 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Re-engage Indiana.

The problem is the Lakers don't want to close the door on Kyrie, and the Nets aren't going to feel any pressure to move Kyrie UNTIL Kevin Durant is moved.  And right now, Brooklyn doesn't feel any pressure to move Kevin Durant.  Until Kevin Durant forces the issue, we're in a stalemate.  I'd imagine that IF a deal gets done, it'd be closer to the start of training camp.

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

The problem is the Lakers don't want to close the door on Kyrie, and the Nets aren't going to feel any pressure to move Kyrie UNTIL Kevin Durant is moved.  And right now, Brooklyn doesn't feel any pressure to move Kevin Durant.  Until Kevin Durant forces the issue, we're in a stalemate.  I'd imagine that IF a deal gets done, it'd be closer to the start of training camp.

I'd do that Pacers trade regardless of Kyrie, but I doubt LA could also get Brissett. If they can get all 3 for the same price as Kyrie, that's what they should do.

On 8/18/2022 at 12:29 AM, seminoles1 said:

Re-engage Indiana.

Im sort of surprised LeBron didnt take a 'team friendly' contract in order to create some space for more moves to happen. I know I will never understand what it is like to have that much money, but you are a Billionaire dude. What is the extra 20-30M going to impact for you. Like what the hell do you do with that much money. 

Are you ever going to be in a situation where you like man, if I only had that other 20M I wouldnt be in this spot.

However it might be less surprising because LBJs who narrative is 'power to the players' and get everything you can.

Edited by AkronsWitness

41 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im sort of surprised LeBron didnt take a 'team friendly' contract in order to create some space for more moves to happen. I know I will never understand what it is like to have that much money, but you are a Billionaire dude. What is the extra 20-30M going to impact for you. Like what the hell do you do with that much money. 

Are you ever going to be in a situation where you like man, if I only had that other 20M I wouldnt be in this spot.

However it might be less surprising because LBJs who narrative is 'power to the players' and get everything you can.

He also wants to buy a team in the future. Every million will matter in that purchase.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

There is a 0.00% chance that even if he wanted too (which would be dumb) that the PA would ever sign off on LeBron James taking less than the max. Even if h did, him taking a 2/50 or whatever wouldn't help them in any demonstrable way in terms of figuring out roster construction around is going to make a significant different, it just saves Jeannie some tax money and who cares about that.

The owners made this compensation system, let them figure out how to win within it.

• Like 1