NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

25 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean at this point Durant or Nash has to go by the preseason. This has Dwight-Stan potential.

It's borderline toxic at this point.  You trade Durant and get 75 cents on the dollar or look like a doormat that rolls over.

• Like 1

The thing I dont understand about the KD situation is he didnt like Atkinson and wanted him gone. He specifically wanted Nash to be the coach. Now he is saying its him or Mark and Nash? It would make more sense if he said he just wanted Marks gone bc he inherited Marks and only came to the Nets bc of Kyrie. Again he choose Nash so I dont get the ultimatum.

I think the Nets should just tell KD they arent trading him unless they are blown away with an offer. He has 4yrs left on his deal so they are staying the course with Marks and Nash at minimum this upcoming season. If Nash cant get the job done then they will look at move on from him next offseason. Marks is staying though bc I think he has done a great job from the moment he got to there help turning the Nets around. In the same way the Jeanie Buss is doing with LeBron. He wanted Russ and now he want Russ gone. Jeanie basically saying Russ is going to be on the team regardless if LeBron like it or not bc he signed up for it. Make it work in other words. Just make it work. What else KD is going to do? Retire? Sit out the next 4yrs until he is 38yrs old and hit the FA market? 

I ultimately think the Nets are going to definitely stick with Marks. Nash I wouldnt be shocked if he is gone at worst by next season. At best he wont make it through this upcoming season. But we shall see how this all will play out in Brooklyn. If they get their heads out of their butt and just focus and play ball the Nets have a legit title contending team with KD, Kyrie, Ben, and the supporting cast. Lets just figure things out and go focus on being the best every single day and see what happens this upcoming season.

54 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's borderline toxic at this point.  You trade Durant and get 75 cents on the dollar or look like a doormat that rolls over.

Some toxicity comes with teams who have star caliber players and legit title contenders. Kobi and Shaq Lakers had some toxic with them. MJ Bulls had some toxic with them. LeBron Cavs had some toxic with them. Even now he has some toxic with him with the Lakers. It just depends on how the toxicity is being handle but the big thing is, is the team winning? LeBron with the Cavs won, Kobi and Shaq with the Lakers won. LeBron does have a title with the Lakers so that sorta eases some things although its still pretty bad with Russ now. The Nets havent won. I think had KD toe not been on the line against the Bucks and they won the series and at least got to the NBA Finals even if they didnt win things wouldnt be so bad right now. The fact that they only won one playoff series and got swept last season is why KD feel the way he does and why it seems so bad. Id rather be the Nets right now than OKC Thunder. They arent toxic but at the same time there is zero expectations bc they arent title contenders, they arent playoff contenders, and they might be lucky if they even get in the play-in game. The Nets just have to manage the situation best they can and win and everything will be fine.

Edited by stl4life07

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I mean at this point Durant or Nash has to go by the preseason. This has Dwight-Stan potential.

Wasnt Nash one of the guys Durant approved before going to BKN and then also resigned a long term deal there?

Sine when were Nash/Durant beefing like that?

Edited by AkronsWitness

My goodness, KD did not handpick or vouch for Nash to be coach. Why do people think that a 2-3 year relationship by which Nash was a consultant would take precedent over Nash and Marks decade plus long relationship? 

At the end of the day Tsai is gonna choose Nash and Marks (which would be incredibly dumb if you’re forced into that position), and after this I don’t see this as rectifiable. Quite frankly Nash was a terrible hire for this team and Marks this past season was terrible 

Edited by Kip Smithers