NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Who Tf cares about jaylon brown. He’s been in the league for like 8 years and hasn’t won anything as a second option. He’s not going to turn into an star and carry a team all of a sudden. 

Always with the wildest weekday sports TV talk show takes

• Like 6

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Who Tf cares about jaylon brown. He’s been in the league for like 8 years and hasn’t won anything as a second option. He’s not going to turn into an star and carry a team all of a sudden. 

Well...he already is a star and doesn't have to carry the team.

The hesitation is over Durant's age and durability. That isn't going to get better over the next 3 years. If you lose an All-Star, the DPOY, and another rotation piece, is a 34-year-old injury prone Durant worth it?

• Like 1

Feel like KD’s injury history is a bit overblown even considering he’s has two season ending history.

You gotta go year to year in the NBA. Unless you’re the 2017-2019 Warriors lol then you can’t guarantee ****. That’s why if something gives you a better chance to win now, take it imo. 

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

They need to get a better point guard, plus Horford is old. Hell I don't even think Jaylen Brown is as good as C's fans make him out to be. I just don't think this is some maxed-out core that's proven it can't win. The Bucks and Heat making to the Finals was arguably just as flukey and they're older.

I think that's why they just traded for Malcolm Brogdon

23 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

The hesitation is over Durant's age and durability. That isn't going to get better over the next 3 years. If you lose an All-Star, the DPOY, and another rotation piece, is a 34-year-old injury prone Durant worth it?

The most I'd do is Jaylen Brown, Derrick White, and 2 1st round picks. Brown is easily the best player that the Nets can potentially acquire in a KD trade. Irving/Brown/Simmons could actually do some damage in the postseason as well. Everyone points to the Gobert trade but we literally didn't get a young top 20 player back, hence why we got a draft pick heavy return.

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

He's missed half the games over the last 2 seasons because of different injuries.

The Celtics for a decade now have stuck to this timeline. I don't trust KD to bring 3 straight championships and so I don't like veering off of the timeline for this season. KD isn't built physically  like LeBron, I think the wheels will eventually fall off for him. These injuries mentioned are precursors to that

9 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

The Celtics for a decade now have stuck to this timeline. I don't trust KD to bring 3 straight championships and so I don't like veering off of the timeline for this season. KD isn't built physically  like LeBron, I think the wheels will eventually fall off for him. These injuries mentioned are precursors to that

KD might not be built like lebron but his game can age better than just about any star. Even if he loses his speed he’s still a 7 footer who can shoot and handle the ball. He’s gonna play well into his late 30s. He might not win 3 straight titles but he’d make the Celtics the favorite for the next 2 years. Easily. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s gonna play well into his late 30s.

Not if he's constantly injured.  He might play 20-40 games a year into his late 30's collecting $50 million per and dooming any team he is on from really competing.  There's a chance he stays healthy, just more people think this is what you are going to get the rest of his career.

20 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

I saw it somewhere else, but the ceiling gets raised for 2-3 years significantly more then it does now.  But the floor drops significantly for 5-10 years.  Right now, that Tatum/Brown combination should keep them in the Eastern Conference favorites for the next decade as long as they stay healthy.  I think as long as the C's can keep Marcus Smart, it'd make sense.  Trading Jaylen Brown, Derrick White, and another player along with multiple picks would be the most I'd offer.

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Not if he's constantly injured.  He might play 20-40 games a year into his late 30's collecting $50 million per and dooming any team he is on from really competing.  There's a chance he stays healthy, just more people think this is what you are going to get the rest of his career.

If you look at another 7ft player with his shooting/jumper capabilities, Dirk Nowitzki. Dirk essentially declined into nothingness after he turned 36/37 years old.  I know KD/Dirk are different players, but their strengths are similar enough to get a decent grasp.

I can see KD playing until he is in his late-30s, however the one thing that will hinder him will be his injury history. KD has had (if Im not mistaken) multiple ankle/foot injuries. That doesnt bode well in your late 30s for a large human with past foot injuries.

I can see him being effective until he is 38ish years old, but he is also 1 more foot injury away from being done 

12 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

KD might not be built like lebron but his game can age better than just about any star. Even if he loses his speed he’s still a 7 footer who can shoot and handle the ball. He’s gonna play well into his late 30s. He might not win 3 straight titles but he’d make the Celtics the favorite for the next 2 years. Easily. 

His game hypothetically would age well but his body is not aging well and that's the facts baby. I have no interest in watching the Celtics mortgage their long term future (a timeline they've refused to break since drafting Smart it feels like) for an oft injured 34 year old. 

KD is gonna be fine, his injuries have mostly been freak occurrences it’s not a case of being brittle like AD. Like I said it’s overstated. 

Also dunno why people feel that teams can be championship contenders for a decade without winning a championship. It never works out like that. Say if Boston don’t win the championship next year, you think they’re gonna keep running it back both organisationally and through player choice?