NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Washington and Charlotte are apparently engaging with Utah in potential trades for Mitchell.

Washington is quickly becoming the most irrelevant franchise in the league.  Who’s their best asset?

Charlotte Receives:
SF Rudy Gay (Bought Out)
'23 SRP (via CHI)
'23 SRP (via LAL)

Indiana Pacers Receives:
PG Kendrick Nunn
SF Talen Horton-Tucker
'24 SRP (via WAS/MEM)
'24/'25 FRP Pick Swap (via LAL)

Los Angeles Lakers Receive:
PG Mike Conley Jr.
PG Patrick Beverley
SG Buddy Hield
C Mason Plumlee

Utah Jazz Receive:
PG Russell Westbrook (Bought Out?)

We'll know tomorrow if LeBron wants to sign his 2 year extension. Kyrie will get there either this year or next.

As a LeBron stan, I hate seeing whats left his his career wasted on non-title runs. I get that he's chasing Kareem, but one more ring would be HUGE. Watching Russ/AD/Bron claw their way to an 8th seed is going to sting. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

We'll know tomorrow if LeBron wants to sign his 2 year extension. Kyrie will get there either this year or next.

As a LeBron stan, I hate seeing whats left his his career wasted on non-title runs. I get that he's chasing Kareem, but one more ring would be HUGE. Watching Russ/AD/Bron claw their way to an 8th seed is going to sting. 

cant imagine russ on the roster opening day. If no Kyrie, can see them trading for depth either UTA or IND trade packages.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

LeBron has until June 30 to sign an extension. He should be in no rush to do so.

Sorry today is when the clock starts*

But he will use this as leverage to improve the roster. He should be in a rush. At 38, the clock is ticking and if the Lakers arent prepared to update the roster to be contender, he should start the rumor mill (Cleveland?). We have some updates already though....

32 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

But he will use this as leverage to improve the roster. He should be in a rush. At 38, the clock is ticking and if the Lakers arent prepared to update the roster to be contender, he should start the rumor mill (Cleveland?). We have some updates already though....

He will use 'Going to the Cavs' as leverage to force the Lakers front office to do everything in their power to not put that type of garbage product on the floor again.

He held the Cavs front offices feet to the fire the same way each offseason. He doesnt like front offices that stay complacent, especially with father time watching. 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

The rest of your post is...exactly my point? He should be in no rush to sign an extension so he can use his potential free agency as leverage.