Official 2023 QB Thread

NYRaider

15 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Care to wager? I’m not even a Levis fan, but it’s crazy to think he won’t go R1. Too much raw talent. 

No, because I won't put it past someone to be a moron in the draft.  Every year there is somebody who goes way higher than they should have, usually more than one.  

Raw arm talent sure, but things like poise, progression, and adaptability are traits I don't see him developing.

21 hours ago, tyler735 said:

He definitely shouldn't go round 1, but he definitely will go round 1.

That's where I am on Levis.  I don't think he's a first round prospect, and I don't think it's particularly close, but some team will draft him before he falls completely out of the first.  I guessed Minnesota in the quiz thread, but it could be anyone.

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

That's where I am on Levis.  I don't think he's a first round prospect, and I don't think it's particularly close, but some team will draft him before he falls completely out of the first.  I guessed Minnesota in the quiz thread, but it could be anyone.

I said the same thing about Malik Willis last year, trusting my gut this year and thinking Levis falls out of round one.

4 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I said the same thing about Malik Willis last year, trusting my gut this year and thinking Levis falls out of round one.

And you might be right.  I think Levis is a pretty similar prospect to someone like Malik Willis, in that I think he's just a lotto ticket you hope develops.  I actually graded Willis higher than Levis because Willis was straight up raw, where Levis I think has to unlearn a lot of things, and had worse tape at his worst than Willis did in 2021.

The prospect I think is most similar to Levis overall though is Jordan Love.  And, like now, I was terrified in 2020 that the Titans might draft him.

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

And you might be right.  I think Levis is a pretty similar prospect to someone like Malik Willis, in that I think he's just a lotto ticket you hope develops.  I actually graded Willis higher than Levis because Willis was straight up raw, where Levis I think has to unlearn a lot of things, and had worse tape at his worst than Willis did in 2021.

The prospect I think is most similar to Levis overall though is Jordan Love.  And, like now, I was terrified in 2020 that the Titans might draft him.

Lol, I hated Jordan Love too.

7 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I just looked up my 2020 QB rankings and I had Love ranked 8th.  I felt vindicated until I saw that the QB I ranked 9th was...Jalen Hurts.

I think doubting Hurts arm talent coming out was fair, I did (although I had him 5th I think), he had those questions with his mechanics.  Loved his leadership, athleticism, and composure though.

Edit, nope, I had him 4th.

Edited by THE DUKE