"Scary" Terry McLaurin signs extension

Forge

2 hours ago, Danger said:

Assuming its a 3 year deal, I thought he would've got like. $76.5M because he's signing after AJ Brown and on a shorter length deal.

Seems like the bonuses/guaranteed amount AAV was higher, and I think he wants a shot at one more contract. 

45 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Seems like the bonuses/guaranteed amount AAV was higher, and I think he wants a shot at one more contract. 

Agreed... this is what I posted in the NFCE thread on our forum:

Terry is a bit older for a guy going into his 2nd contract.

He will be 27 in September and turning 28 for the next season that he would likely be franchise tagged for probably near 19 million next year and he wouldn't have any security. If he gets seriously injured on that franchise tag in 2023 it could bring his value down as he would be 28 going on 29 that offseason in 2024. I think a 3 year instead of 4 or 5 was smart on his agent's part considering his age. Now he'll be 30 years old when it comes time to be extended or hit the FA market for one last big contract. Maybe he could've tried to get a little bit more like 75 (25 million per), but I think he found a nice compromise with Washington and now doesn't have to worry about the contract situation anymore. Win/win for both sides imo. 

I also don't think that Terry had the leverage that guys like Davante, AJ, and Tyreek had who were being traded to a new team that absolutely had to get a contract done, cause they were giving up signficant draft capital to facilitate a deal.
Edited by TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I think him and AJ Brown are about the same level WR, so to not get paid more than him is a big W for WFT.

They are different types of receivers. I think AJ's route running is underrated, but Terry is the better route runner. Terry also has better hands and has been more durable and that last part is why I ranked him 1st in the NFCE WR rankings. AJ is more physical through his routes and after the catch. In a vacuum if I don't have to factor in durability then I think I would rank AJ Brown as the best receiver in the division, but obviously we don't live in a vacuum.

As far as Yards Per Route Run (YPRR*) over the last 2 seasons here is how it breaks down:

*“Yards per Route Run” figure takes into account the number of snaps a player went into a pass pattern, which provides a better indicator of production than yards per reception or even yards per target.

1.) Davante Adams - 2.75

2.) A.J. Brown - 2.67

3.) Justin Jefferson - 2.66 (As a rookie...)

4.) Julio Jones - 2.60 (RIP this Julio)

5.) Stefon Diggs - 2.49

1.) Cooper Kupp - 3.12 (Insane!!!)

2.) Deebo Samuel - 2.93

3.) Davante Adams - 2.81 (Mr. Consistent)

4.) Antonio Brown - 2.79 (Shame he's a headcase...)

5.) A.J. Brown - 2.72

As you see the only 2 players in the top 5 the past 2 seasons for YPRR are Davante Adams and A.J. Brown. 

Despite how much I dislike Wentz he is a better QB than Terry has had since he started his career in Washington. Interested to see what kind of stats he puts up, cause he's produced good statlines with meh to below average QBs throwing him the ball. The amount of deep passes he had to slow down for last year was maddening. Wentz at least has the arm strength to get it to him down the field.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This is true. Terry is better though.

I don’t know about that, but I do know they’re in the same tier.

DJ is probably the only young WR that has had as bad as a QB situation as Terry.

Edited by ClutchDJ

13 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

They are different types of receivers. I think AJ's route running is underrated, but Terry is the better route runner. Terry also has better hands and has been more durable and that last part is why I ranked him 1st in the NFCE WR rankings. AJ is more physical through his routes and after the catch. In a vacuum if I don't have to factor in durability then I think I would rank AJ Brown as the best receiver in the division, but obviously we don't live in a vacuum.

As far as Yards Per Route Run (YPRR*) over the last 2 seasons here is how it breaks down:

*“Yards per Route Run” figure takes into account the number of snaps a player went into a pass pattern, which provides a better indicator of production than yards per reception or even yards per target.

1.) Davante Adams - 2.75

2.) A.J. Brown - 2.67

3.) Justin Jefferson - 2.66 (As a rookie...)

4.) Julio Jones - 2.60 (RIP this Julio)

5.) Stefon Diggs - 2.49

1.) Cooper Kupp - 3.12 (Insane!!!)

2.) Deebo Samuel - 2.93

3.) Davante Adams - 2.81 (Mr. Consistent)

4.) Antonio Brown - 2.79 (Shame he's a headcase...)

5.) A.J. Brown - 2.72

As you see the only 2 players in the top 5 the past 2 seasons for YPRR are Davante Adams and A.J. Brown. 

Despite how much I dislike Wentz he is a better QB than Terry has had since he started his career in Washington. Interested to see what kind of stats he puts up, cause he's produced good statlines with meh to below average QBs throwing him the ball. The amount of deep passes he had to slow down for last year was maddening. Wentz at least has the arm strength to get it to him down the field.

What a weird way to measure WRs. Where are you pulling this from? And is there some merit to measuring this way? 

As to everyone making comments about the nickname. You might not know but its from Rick and Morty.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 2:32 PM, MikeT14 said:

8 Case Keenum starts + 13 Dwayne Haskins starts + 1 Colt McCoy start + 6 Alex Smith on one leg starts + 4 Kyle Allen Starts + 6 plays of Ryan Fitzpatrick + 15 Taylor Heinicke starts + 1 Garrett Gilbert start

giphy.gif

Dear lord that is absolutely brutal, poor guy

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

What a weird way to measure WRs. Where are you pulling this from? And is there some merit to measuring this way? 

As to everyone making comments about the nickname. You might not know but its from Rick and Morty.

giphy.gif

I always figured the nickname was independent. Boston was doing it for Terry Rozier a few years ago, and it was always a Ghostface mask. Think you give these filthy casuals too much credit…

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 2:32 PM, MikeT14 said:

8 Case Keenum starts + 13 Dwayne Haskins starts + 1 Colt McCoy start + 6 Alex Smith on one leg starts + 4 Kyle Allen Starts + 6 plays of Ryan Fitzpatrick + 15 Taylor Heinicke starts + 1 Garrett Gilbert start

giphy.gif

DeAndre Hopkins, is that you?!

On 6/29/2022 at 9:06 AM, sammymvpknight said:

In what universe is Hollywood Brown worth remotely that much?

Only thing I can guess is because he has all the leverage that they traded a 1st round pick for him.

Or people re projecting he'll take a huge step in a passing offense compared to the Ravens run offense that we all saw him dropping passes in