UPDATED: Future Head Coaching Options Discussion

G08

14 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Are some head coaches going to look at a GM with 36-37 loses on his resume and worry that the GM that hires them may get fired sooner rather than later?

I think that if you have option as a coaching candidate that it would factor in.

It's a two-way street... when you're hired as a head coach you ask for 5 years and typically get 4. If a coach gets 4 years and knows Pace has 2 years left, there's a chance he can have a say in his next GM or be around as Pace is extended.

It's a valid concern, though, and it's another reason why I don't think McDaniels will be coming here.

Carmichael Jr is the facking layup and DeFilippo is the unknown that is green enough to be excited for an opportunity to be a HC.

McAdoo and Reese have been fired in New York.

Josh McDaniels and his choice of GM, my guess, will be going there. Belichick likely will give him his blessing and he'll be close to his family. Win-win for the former Broncos head coach.

54 minutes ago, G08 said:

Josh McDaniels and his choice of GM, my guess, will be going there. Belichick likely will give him his blessing and he'll be close to his family. Win-win for the former Broncos head coach.

Josh McDaniels job for sure. 

1 hour ago, G08 said:

How crazy is it that they went to the playoffs only last year and now everyone is fired. 

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

McAdoo in 2 season won more games than Fox did in 3.

One of them is employed today.

McAdoo also had no communication skills or rapport with his players and ended the longest active starting streak of a future HOF QB who has brought that franchise 2 SB championships in the past 10 years.

I'd say the two scenarios aren't exactly the same.

Still all in on Jim Harbaugh and I actually think it's somewhat likely. You gotta imagine Chicago and Indy are two of his top destinations, this is his only opportunity for either in the next 3/4 years (potentially ever). 

We need someone who has some fire that the McCaskeys trust to shake this thing up. No more McCaskey lap dogs.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

To be a good head coach in this league you have to both be a good communicator and know x's and o's.  Looks like Flip has both qualities down pat.

He and Pettine would be a good combo.  I really hope that the Giants don't land him over us.

17 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

To be a good head coach in this league you have to both be a good communicator and know x's and o's.  Looks like Flip has both qualities down pat.

He and Pettine would be a good combo.  I really hope that the Giants don't land him over us.

If we are comparing apples to apples, and neither club ranks higher on preferences apart than based on situational rankings, I think the Bears would have to win out.  A #2 overall pick at QB who has displayed poise and arm talent and hasn't been "poisoned" by multiple offensive systems, two extremely talented running backs, a rock solid front 7 on defense.  Especially when appealing to an offensive minded head coach.  This team is feasibly a few WR's and some OL pieces away from being a very good offense with the right scheme.

If they have a bias based on location, ownership, etc, obviously those benefits of the Bears may get overlooked.

57 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

McAdoo also had no communication skills or rapport with his players and ended the longest active starting streak of a future HOF QB who has brought that franchise 2 SB championships in the past 10 years.

I'd say the two scenarios aren't exactly the same.

Magoo went to the playoffs last year. I think it's a bit crazy how they fired him, he must of lost the locker room like Trestman. I don't think Fox has but we can fire him and see if Loggins can create a real game plan.

Just now, TankWilliams said:

If we are comparing apples to apples, and neither club ranks higher on preferences apart than based on situational rankings, I think the Bears would have to win out.  A #2 overall pick at QB who has displayed poise and arm talent and hasn't been "poisoned" by multiple offensive systems, two extremely talented running backs, a rock solid front 7 on defense.  Especially when appealing to an offensive minded head coach.  This team is feasibly a few WR's and some OL pieces away from being a very good offense with the right scheme.

Yup, also Pettine has run 3-4 defenses in the past and this team is already set up for that versus a team like the Giants who would be converting from a 4-3.  In addition to needing to find a new QB, RB, and some play makers on defense that type of team rebuild can take way longer.

Archived