Mobile Issues

seminoles1

• 2 weeks later...

To further expand on this, I've found that you have to do a 3-step process to get it to work on a mobile:

1.  Copy the twitter link.

2.  Paste it into your post - but if it's a https://x.com/XXX link - it won't load.

3.  Switch the "X" for "twitter", copy/cut the new link (now says https://twitter.com/XXX) and then re-paste it (and of course, paste it as plain text, not rich text - so it shows up).

It's a PITA, but I can now link tweets with banners on both a mobile and desktop.   F Elon Musk.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2023 at 9:12 AM, Broncofan said:

To further expand on this, I've found that you have to do a 3-step process to get it to work on a mobile:

1.  Copy the twitter link.

2.  Paste it into your post - but if it's a https://x.com/XXX link - it won't load.

3.  Switch the "X" for "twitter", copy/cut the new link (now says https://twitter.com/XXX) and then re-paste it (and of course, paste it as plain text, not rich text - so it shows up).

It's a PITA, but I can now link tweets with banners on both a mobile and desktop.   F Elon Musk.

That's a major PITA for sure. Especially for someone who posts news from my phone often. 

I wonder if there's anything @Webmaster can do, or if it's truly an X issue.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Totty said:

@Webmaster, when I click the little football "like" button on my phone it unchecks and doesn't "like". When I do it on my computer, works fine.  Thoughts? TIA

You need to press the like button twice on mobile.  I think it has always been this way.

On 9/20/2023 at 5:02 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

That's a major PITA for sure. Especially for someone who posts news from my phone often. 

I wonder if there's anything @Webmaster can do, or if it's truly an X issue.

You can thank Elon for this.   The forum software only embeds "twitter" links.   When Elon changed to X.com the forum software doesn't know that x.com is twitter.  It's probably an easy fix for the Invision team and something that hopefully will be updated soon.   

On 9/14/2023 at 9:47 AM, malibuspeedrace said:

Where did the gifs go?

Meta sold GIPHY to Shutterstock a few months ago and that broke our gif plugin.  I'm not sure if Invision plans to add something else to replace it.   For now members can still post gifs.  They just cut and paste the link to a gif when posting.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Webmaster said:

You need to press the like button twice on mobile.  I think it has always been this way.

You can thank Elon for this.   The forum software only embeds "twitter" links.   When Elon changed to X.com the forum software doesn't know that x.com is twitter.  It's probably an easy fix for the Invision team and something that hopefully will be updated soon.   

Meta sold GIPHY to Shutterstock a few months ago and that broke our gif plugin.  I'm not sure if Invision plans to add something else to replace it.   For now members can still post gifs.  They just cut and paste the link to a gif when posting.  

😮. Thank you lol

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Forum has become borderline unusable for me the last week or two, just small windows where I can post followed by hours of stretches where if I click to reply, quote or like it just redirects me to the top of the page and nothing happens.

Had a stretch like this earlier and someone suggested I switch to the desktop view and it worked. Now I'm having the same issues on desktop view. Issue also exists on my laptop too.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Forum has become borderline unusable for me the last week or two, just small windows where I can post followed by hours of stretches where if I click to reply, quote or like it just redirects me to the top of the page and nothing happens.

Had a stretch like this earlier and someone suggested I switch to the desktop view and it worked. Now I'm having the same issues on desktop view. Issue also exists on my laptop too.

Weird.  I use desktop view on my iPad Pro and things are just fine.  Might get one period where I can’t use the reply box but a refresh fixes that.  

iPhone also works fine but I use that just for checking/reading.  

It seems a handful of members are having issues with the forum today.  I'm sorry for the problems.  I've been looking into them and so far have been unable to reproduce the issue.  

Unfortunately, mobile issues are very difficult to track down if they are only occurring to some members.  The problem is there are so many variations that each member could be using and it's likely just an issue with a specific device type, or browser type, or wifi, or some combination.  

Here are few tips that have worked in the past.

1. Clear browser cache, cookies, and reboot your device.
  2. Try switching to desktop view temporarily.
  3. Disable browser ad-ons.
  4. Log out and log back in
  5. Use a different browser
  6. Switch from WiFi to mobile data

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Webmaster said:

It seems a handful of members are having issues with the forum today.  I'm sorry for the problems.  I've been looking into them and so far have been unable to reproduce the issue.  

Unfortunately, mobile issues are very difficult to track down if they are only occurring to some members.  The problem is there are so many variations that each member could be using and it's likely just an issue with a specific device type, or browser type, or wifi, or some combination.  

Here are few tips that have worked in the past.

1. Clear browser cache, cookies, and reboot your device.
  2. Try switching to desktop view temporarily.
  3. Disable browser ad-ons.
  4. Log out and log back in
  5. Use a different browser
  6. Switch from WiFi to mobile data

This issue is also occurring on my laptop too. Today it was actually worse than my phone for having this issue. I solely use Google Chrome for all devices. 

• Like 3